Sugar Ape

Motown/Soul/R&B/Funk

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm gonna have a Motown evening, although i will refrain from posting anymore in here. 

I'd love to watch "The Motown story" stage musical but the cunts aren't doing Germany. 

Got the boxed album set of the "Story of Motown" narrated by Lionel Richie. Time to play some Vinyl and chill with a few beers. 

Was going to watch a Motown show locally buy luckily before i paid for tickets i saw the official video/trailer fuck they were bad. Off to see the local theatre lot do Spamalot next week instead. Saw them do blackadder last year. Grwat evening for £10

Let's get in on by Marvin Gaye has kind of become a bit of a comedy thing now but if you listen to the album, it's fucking amazing, some of the stuff the rhythm section are playing is out of this World & the vocal on If I should die tonight is arguably his best ever in my opinion.

Quiet Storm by Smokey Robinson is another good Motown album which doesn't get a lot of recognition.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just thought I'd add this tune for the Soul, R&B side as it's my go to song to get the missus in the shagging mood. 

There was a film a few years ago called 'Standing in the shadows of Motown' which focussed on the Motown house band (the Funk Brothers) and how they developed their sound. Very interesting and a great soundtrack.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

There was a film a few years ago called 'Standing in the shadows of Motown' which focussed on the Motown house band (the Funk Brothers) and how they developed their sound. Very interesting and a great soundtrack.

Yeah, a very good documentary with them playing themselves using archive footage for some. Definitely an 8/10, maybe even a 9 for those of us who enjoy the genre. 

Just thought I'd add this tune for the Soul, R&B side as it's my go to song to get the missus in the shagging mood.

That's a great shout, Luther was always a cert to separate a woman from her panties.