Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Motown/Soul/R&B/Funk

Recommended Posts

On 23/09/2021 at 15:01, the chimp said:

 

 

 

If you haven't seen it, it was on BBC I plyer but not sure if it is now, fab documentary on Teddy Pendergrass. it's a hell of a story about a great singer.

 

What is it about these black soul singers that made them have such crazy up and down lives?

 

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/programme/ebab89f9-5c18-4455-8b63-a1aba1774c28/teddy-pendergrass-if-you-dont-know-me

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Just learnt these were held up doing Top of the Pops in late 1988 and as a result missed the Lockerbie flight.

 

 

That would have been a big loss to music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2021 at 20:54, tokyojoe said:

Just learnt these were held up doing Top of the Pops in late 1988 and as a result missed the Lockerbie flight.

 

 

Really, never knew that. One of my favourites, so is that song along with Baby I Need Your Loving, I think there's only one left now, Fakir? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Really, never knew that. One of my favourites, so is that song along with Baby I Need Your Loving, I think there's only one left now, Fakir? 

Yep, he's the only one left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Yep, he's the only one left.

My bird saw them and the Temptations along with others for £1 many years ago in Bournemouth I think, so I keep getting reminded, would of been great though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

My bird saw them and the Temptations along with others for £1 many years ago in Bournemouth I think, so I keep getting reminded, would of been great though. 

I've seen them live with the Temps in the 80's. Absolutely amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×