You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Corona nice?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Is Corona nice?

• Yes. Yes it is.
    • No. It tastes like piss.
    • Not a massive fan, but I'll drink it if I have to.

Fair enough mate, if I'm after a light beer I'd rather have a Coors or a Desperados. Just don't like it at all.

There are only a few bottles I just can't bring myself to drink, Corona, Becks ( I like Becks Vier, just not the bottles ), Stella and Bud.

It's all about context, no? If ice cold Corona was all that was available on a lovely hot day in the park with flange all around covering themselves in said Corona, you would want to tuck in yeah?

Fair enough mate, if I'm after a light beer I'd rather have a Coors or a Desperados. Just don't like it at all.

There are only a few bottles I just can't bring myself to drink, Corona, Becks ( I like Becks Vier, just not the bottles ), Stella and Bud.

Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters, Stella, Budweiser. Either stinky or foul.

It's piss. I was bought one by a mate on a stag night once and then had my peg nicked, meaning I had to down it. I had been on decent drinks (ales) beforehand and by the bottom of the glass I was sprinting up the stairs to the toilet. It was only 7:00pm and I was out until 5:00am so it wasn't too much alcohol that caused me to vomit, just the fucking nasty taste of shit beer and lime. I think I'd prefer to drink Toilet Duck than that shite.

Guest ShoePiss
I completely disagree that it's a shit beer but I'm sure you'd agree it's at least a cut above Budweiser et al.

Yep, very much so. There's just so many better beers available so I'll only drink that when forced into a corner containing Bud, Coors and the rest.

Guest ShoePiss
I fucking hate the sight of Carling. The bottles, the cans. Everything about it. It screams out Southern, London, twaty student wankers who think they can come up North and act the fucking madman. Piss off back down south, and bring your shit beer with you. Cricket cunts.

Fucking funny.

I fucking hate the sight of Carling. The bottles, the cans. Everything about it. It screams out Southern, London, twaty student wankers who think they can come up North and act the fucking madman. Piss off back down south, and bring your shit beer with you. Cricket cunts.
Fuck off am I having that. Carling was invented by a Northerner and is drunk heavily in the North.

Anyway, what decent beer has Ireland ever produced? Fuck off if your answer is Guinness, the shit Stout. Caffreys is fucking horendi.

Love a beer thread.

Sol and Corona are similar.

One of the best beers I ever had was a Corona. Flew down from on a holiday charter, was stuck in Mexican customs for an hour and got out into the humid 30c ( came from -25c) and was sweating crazy.

Got on the bus to go to the resort and they had Corona in a ice bucket for one US$. I got two and they were unbelievable.

Resort had Dos Equis which is bland despite their 'most interesting man in the world' commercials.

I think it is nice, but I only drink it in certain situations. I don't put the lime in it but do sometimes squeeze a bit in. There are all different rumours as to why the lime is used. I always went with the sanitising the rim of the bottle where it originated as it is acidic and beers are stored in dirty places where rats would be around. Other rumours are repelling flies and marketing moves.

Harp is a terrible beer. Chemical tinged pisswater. Someone left a few tins of Harp in my fridge the other week. They were the only beers in the house, but I threw them in the bin and had a glass of water instead.

Agree that Smithwicks is a good beer, and I do like Guinness, but it took me a couple of years of pretending to like it before I developed a taste for it. Definitely an acquired taste.

Guinness is lovely, can't have that much of it though. Makes you feel really bloated.

I'll have that, three pints tops. Went to Ireland last year and everyone was saying the Guiness is twice as nice! It wasn't it just tasted the same. Nice for a few though.