Quantcast
Shelvey. - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bogman

Shelvey.

Why is it a good move?

You would think if he was good enough to get as much playing time he got for us last season, the only option should be a loan to a Premier League club.

He will not improve much in the Championship if anything at all.

He will improve by playing week in, week out.

The lad is only 19, so the Championship will be perfect for a season and then maybe the Premier League for him next season. He'll be about 21 then and hopefully well and ready to join the first-team setup permanently.

He's a player.

No point sending him to a prem team that gets bummed every week and he is there to keep the score down. Let him go and develop his expressive side. He has the physical attributes to worry about defensive stuff later in his career.

I'm just glad Houllier isn't here to jinx him with one of his odd comparisons like Murphy being the English Zidane or Cisse being the New Henry.

"Jonjo is the hairless Pirlo."

Why is it a good move?

You would think if he was good enough to get as much playing time he got for us last season, the only option should be a loan to a Premier League club.

He will not improve much in the Championship if anything at all.

Do you just disagree with everything for the sake of it?

Do you just disagree with everything for the sake of it?

No.

Its probably a good move for Shelvey himself as the Championship is about his level.

When it comes to his development as a player I doubt it will make him any good as he will be pretty average and not stand out in any game, the players surrounding him will be of average quality as well and to blossom and actually develop its always better to play with better players something he would do every day in training with us.

At Blackpool he will not really be up against any quality players either so that will not really do anything for him either.

We don't even know how long the deal is yet Code, a few months competing to play week in week out is the right environment to sharpen the ambition to play.

No.

Its probably a good move for Shelvey himself as the Championship is about his level.

When it comes to his development as a player I doubt it will make him any good as he will be pretty average and not stand out in any game, the players surrounding him will be of average quality as well and to blossom and actually develop its always better to play with better players something he would do every day in training with us.

At Blackpool he will not really be up against any quality players either so that will not really do anything for him either.

So how come the Liverpool coaches don't know this?

Perhaps they have weighed all the factors, including what you are saying, and have concluded playing time is better for him, as training, even with a better quality better, is still only training and can't match the intensity of a proper game.

Perhaps they have weighed all the factors, including what you are saying, and have concluded playing time is better for him, as training, even with a better quality better, is still only training and can't match the intensity of a proper game.

Is this The Reverend showing his frustration?

It’s so painfully obvious that it’s a shame it had to be stated, but the Rev is correct. And the fact he seems slightly irked has had me checking the skies for 4 horse men……..

I think Shelvey has a real chance of been top notch. Any type of playing time now will be worth it and will stand him in good stead. Just look through history and you will see top notch footy players sent out to lower league clubs when they were young to get playing time. Beckham springs to mind when he was sent to PNE. Zidane to Hull is another example*

*I may have made that up

TBH I haven't seen anything from Shelvey that makes me think wow when you see some young players at times and you know they're going to be class throughout their careers. Don't get me wrong he has talent but if I was a betting man (and I am) I will predict now that I don't think he will end up anything more than a good Premier League player not the superstar some are proclaiming him to be. Hope I'm very wrong like.

I thought Le Tallec was going to be awesome after his debut at Gresty Road back in 2003 so what do I know?