You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shelvey.

Bogman

The Championship is about his level and I doubt he will be a class above anyone really,

Maybe at the moment but then, at the moment, he is 19 and if you're in the business of writing off players at 19, I'd say you're a fan-noveau-generation-de-sky-et-ridiculous-kneejerk reactions. Embarrassing really!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have you been right about?

Johnson? Enrique? Poulsen?

I think he predicted Poulsen would be shit, and now he thinks he is right about everything.

If by the time he is 21, and he is not even considered a squad player, then by all means write him off, but after 3games on loan in the championship, where he has gone to learn the more physical side of the game, you need to grow up (code that is).

Shelvey is not some kind of youngster being sent to the Championship from either youth or reserve football, he is well used to playing first team football at Championship level.

He has played two seasons in the Championship already and now he is being sent back after actually playing in 15 PL games for us last season.

What is he going to learn in a struggling Blackpool team?

Maybe we should try and get Thomas Ince back instead, he scored twice for Blackpool last night after Shelvey had been brought off, to win them the game, at least his progress in his career actually makes some sense.

He didn't play 2 seasons in the Championship. Charlton were relegated to League 1 in 2009, and in that season Shelvey made 16 appearances. In 2009/10 season, as a League 1 player - he made a further 24 appearances.

So rather than this vast Championship experience you claim he has - he only actually has 16 games, as a 17 year old, in that league. And the majority of those would have been with Charlton already relegated - as they were shite that season if i remember, and they finished well bottom of the league.

He's only 19, so regardless of his Premiership experience, getting a good run of games for Blackpool can only do him good in the long run. And it will make him hungry for games when he comes back here. Its win/win.

I think he predicted Poulsen would be shit, and now he thinks he is right about everything.

If by the time he is 21, and he is not even considered a squad player, then by all means write him off, but after 3games on loan in the championship, where he has gone to learn the more physical side of the game, you need to grow up (code that is).

Disagree with waiting that long, if you know what to look for, you can write players off as early as 9 or 10. Why just this week, I was at the academy and I wrote off every single player as the worst I'd ever seen play for us.

He's a teenager who's moved up from regular football in the third tier to a bit-part role in the Premier League, initially in a side that was struggling quite badly. That is the reality. Everything else in this thread - positive or otherwise - is merely opinion.

And 'struggling Blackpool team'?

They are 8th. So by struggling i assume you mean - not top of the league?

By struggling I mean only having won 5 out of 12 games so far as a team coming down from the PL.

If they finish higher than 15th I`d be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
Shelvey is not some kind of youngster being sent to the Championship from either youth or reserve football, he is well used to playing first team football at Championship level.

He has played two seasons in the Championship already and now he is being sent back after actually playing in 15 PL games for us last season.

What is he going to learn in a struggling Blackpool team?

Maybe we should try and get Thomas Ince back instead, he scored twice for Blackpool last night after Shelvey had been brought off, to win them the game, at least his progress in his career actually makes some sense.

95.jpg