You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Apple know they have a rabid fan base and they can exploit it.

Do they ever, a little sickening to be honest.

Some manufacturers do shove technology into their products without much thought. I'm not saying you are wrong I just think that apple do delay but at least they generally get it spot on when they do. But again, like most companies they're after grabbing your cash in the best way they know how.

But take the ipad, to go slightly off topic. No camera in the first version and you just knew it would have at least one in the second version. Entirely predictable but millions lap it up.

Great products but a twat of a company really.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple's hardware is always pretty 'meh' specs-wise, but it's just so well designed and functional thanks to it's software that the whole package tends to outweigh the competition.

Would be great if you could port iOS to a Galaxy S2 and have that lovely big screen but with all my apple functionality.

I've worked with HTC's and iPhones the past few years and HTC's are more common to faults than iPhones.

The flagship HTC desire is one hell of a phone but the percentage being sent for repair is by far bigger than the amount of iPhones being sent.

Talking from experience, both great phones though. I'm an iPhone and BlackBerry user and I'll choose an iPhone everyday of the week.

Had a briefing a couple months ago from one of the major networks about what features to expect to come hidden with the new iPhone but they probably won't launch with the capability, a software update down the line will reveal all.

At the end of the day they're only phones...

I've switched over to Apple stuff in the past few months and the last thing to change will be the phone. I currently use a Blackberry but plan to switch to an iPhone5 when they come out.

I'm finding lots of interesting uses for my iPad. I played in a band last week and had all my music on there. I'm going to do my first wedding from an iPad soon too. I have a cover from a company called Pad&Quill that makes it look like a moleskin journal, so it's less flashy, which suits me just fine.

Anyway, I'm about to enter the iPhone world too, and I'm looking forward to syncing everything up and learning about the cloud and so on.

All companies value getting money. That's not really much of a statment.

Yes and Apple believes their way is the best way of doing it and HTC believes their way is the best way.

"Giving the customer choice and getting the best new technology out in the marketplace straight away." This is just marketing bs.

Orange are doing it free for £15 a month if that's any good.

Cheers Paul but she is under contract with Virgin Mobile at the moment so i have to buy the phone and unlock it.

Her contract doesn't expire while September next year so would be costly to buy her out of it (was a 2 year contract).

With so many people seemingly still on the 3GS (me too by the way) it makes you wonder how they managed to sell sellers 4.

I've never stuck to the same brand phone twice in a row and I hate myself for having an iPhone 3GS (mainly because apple are twats) but I'll probably go for the iPhone 5 because it's a relatively safe option.

I'd much rather an android though.

I reckon the reason some of you have 'not purchased' iphone4 is simply because you were stuck in a 2 year contact having purchased your 3GS.

Iphones are that expensive that you can only really afford one with a lenghty contact meaning that you have to skip a model here and there.

Ive an Iphone 4 which is great by the way and there available from 3network for free on a £35 a month contract which comes with 500 mins to any network, 2000 3to3 mins, 1gb internet and 5000 texts. Thats the best deal around at present i think. Im sure the iphone 5 will be a lot more expensive when it first releases.

Are they that good then as I might get one instead?

The only downside I can find on them is the battery life, but how long does it actually last?

The battery life isn't the best. But there is an app called Juice Defender which has increased by battery life by nearly twice.

It's roundly voted the best Android phone on the market. Google it and see the reviews.

I know a few people moving off android onto apple merely because of the android market place. Dodgy data mining app's, apps auto updating over 3G and costing them a small fortune in data. People moan that apple is to tight on it's control and cydia will sort that for you. But it's tight as whilst the free open market does offer more options it's plagued by thousands of crap, malware apps.

I've switched over to Apple stuff in the past few months and the last thing to change will be the phone. I currently use a Blackberry but plan to switch to an iPhone5 when they come out.

I'm finding lots of interesting uses for my iPad. I played in a band last week and had all my music on there. I'm going to do my first wedding from an iPad soon too. I have a cover from a company called Pad&Quill that makes it look like a moleskin journal, so it's less flashy, which suits me just fine.

Anyway, I'm about to enter the iPhone world too, and I'm looking forward to syncing everything up and learning about the cloud and so on.

Ah, the Devil and his material possessions finally found a way in. Why do you think the company, and the logo, are an Apple, Padre? And you've taken a big iBite.

follow cult of mac for latest mac news.

News | Cult of Mac

Iphone 5 will / should also carry free iphone to iphone text messaging similar to blackberry

That stuff about the rumoured new Assistant app was fascinating. Basically, within a couple of years you'll talk to your phone and its basic AI will carry out your instructions. The example given was telling your phone to postpone a meeting until next week. It will then consult your calendar to suggest and then confirm with the other party's phone a new time all without any input from you bar the initial spoken instruction. Now that's fuckng ace.

The other thing about Facebook's iPad app just confirms how the world is coming to be dominated by three tech companies - Apple, Google and Facebook - and that there's no sign of a slow down in their ubiquity.

Facebook is massive but I reckon at some point there will be a backlash coming against them.

Google+ showed that people are willing to try other options and once the right one comes along, I wonder how they'll do.

What could be interesting is if Microsoft made a real play and come back by maybe teaming up with Facebook or Twitter.

Now that's fuckng ace.

Is it? The erosion of basic communication skills between human beings. In a technical way it may be ace, but I sometimes wonder if we are too busy doing something because we can, rather than because we should.

That stuff about the rumoured new Assistant app was fascinating. Basically, within a couple of years you'll talk to your phone and its basic AI will carry out your instructions. The example given was telling your phone to postpone a meeting until next week. It will then consult your calendar to suggest and then confirm with the other party's phone a new time all without any input from you bar the initial spoken instruction. Now that's fuckng ace.

Isn't that why we have secretaries and butlers?

I'm still on the 3GS but my contract ran out in August so I've been waiting for the 5 to come out before I upgrade. Didn't really like the 4, thought it looked much worse than the 3 and all the problems that it had when it came out put me off getting one. I think they'll make up for the 4 with this new one, it's going to be class.