You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Announcement next week, and it'll probably be released a couple of weeks after that. Just so happens to be when my contract is finished. I'll be pissed off if it's just another iPhone 4, but they surely can't do that seeing as it had the antenna issue.

Currently like a kid waiting for Christmas. Not sure at which point I was taken in by the Apple marketing department but they did a fucking good job on me!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could get boring once the apple haters arrive.

I swerved the iphone4, I actually had one on release day but it was poor in my opinion. I've kept my 3GS which is still doing an excellent job for me but I'm looking forward to the 5.

Like you I'll be pissed if it's a 4 design with a few enhancements. I've seen some nice mock ups, teardrop design, thinner with a much larger screen, this is what I am hoping for.

I'd like to see a liquid metal back too, I don't like covers on my phones and this would negate the need for one.

I've tried other phones but I have a lot of decent apps I use on a regular basis and I just want simple. I'm too old to get a hard on from showing people what flashy tricks a phone can do, the kind of tricks that are purely designed for boasting and not much else. If you're the kind of person that sits there showing off your live wallpaper to everyone then you need to know we all think you're a tedious prick.

I didn't bother with a 4, and my 3GS is still really working well. I've promised my kids I'll get them both a 5, so I won't be able to afford one for myself. iPhones are bloody useful though - and pretty much seamless in terms of syncing and cloud stuff. I think all the slavering and queuing outside shops overnight is a bit creepy though.

Just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S 2. Unless it offers a better camera than 8MP, better video recording, better social media integration, ability to purchase music from other stores, better battery life, more control over the OS. Then I won't be too arsed.

I've got a bitching arse contract with Virgin through my Dad and the signal is bloody decent in fairness, better coverage than 02.

iOS 5 available for download 21st October (best leaving the update until a day or two later as it will take half a day with all the other nerds installing the update on launch day if iOS 4 was anything to go by) and will add over 200 new features, most of which will work on iPhone 3G S and all of which will work will work on iPhone 4. I've got the iPhone 4 and think it's far better than the 3G S, suprised to hear otherwise.

Apple - iOS 5 - 200+ new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

iOS 5 available for download 21st October (best leaving the update until a day or two later as it will take half a day with all the other nerds installing the update on launch day if iOS 4 was anything to go by) and will add over 200 new features, most of which will work on iPhone 3G S and all of which will work will work on iPhone 4. I've got the iPhone 4 and think it's far better than the 3G S, suprised to hear otherwise.

Apple - iOS 5 - 200+ new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

I probably would have got it but I was mid-contract and it didn't seem worth the money. The iPhone 4 is great. A load of my friends have them and I'm genuinely taken aback with the screen resolution every time I use one. That, and the massive improvement on the camera(s).

Why did I return my iphone4 and stick with my 3gs? Well mainly signal, I get no signal here on an iphone4 and a passable signal on a 3gs. It is a phone after all.

I recently tried a white iphone here, again no signal.

Hence I'd like to see a redesign that allows it to be used as a phone.

Does it have expandable storage yet?

With streaming of music and video I think that storage space is becoming less and less of an issue. Who knows they might produce a 64gb iphone this time around and if you're wanting to carry more than that around at one time then you're in a small minority.

What about if you live in an area with poor data connectivity?

Essentially the point I'm making is WHY doesn't it have expandable storage? Every single other phone on the market does. It's all well and good saying "you can use this online facility" (which eats into your mobile data tariff) or "you would be in the minority if you wanted more than 64GB of storage", but yet again, it's Apple depriving customers of a feature that every other phone has just because they know it will make people buy the larger capacity one when it comes out.

And if it's only a small minority that need more than 64GB storage, why do Apple still sell the iPod Classic?

Told you it would get boring, he will bring up flash next. It's all so predictable and boring.

Don't buy the fucker if it doesn't suit you, simple.

Oh and address any questions to Apple, or basically someone who gives a shit and knows the answer.

Guest ShoePiss

I read that one has been stolen from Foxconn and sold to case manufacturers. Foxconn, the Chinese contract manufacturer that gave us the suicide nets and improved worker contracts to include none suicide pledges.

Maybe if the cunts paid their employees salaries inline with their revenue streams things like this wouldn't happen, ah but then they wouldn't swallow up business from western manufacturing.

Might buy a Samsung Galaxy S2 on a 12 month contract and flog it to pay for it once I've got an unlocked iPhone 5 order.

I like Dave still have a 32GB 3GS that still marvelous. Never tempted to get an iPhone4.

Apple are playing catch up I fear as it's competitors have seriously upped the game and have a massive advantage with being able to release as many phones per year as they want.

I have a 3G at the moment just coming to the end of my 2 year contract, ends on the 30th. I reckon I'll go for the iPhone 4 tbh, doubt I'll have the money for the 5 anytime soon and it won't be out when Im finished anyway.

My brother and sister both have 4's and I quite like them.

Ive been waiting for this for ages and am still on my 3G which has very nearly met several smashy-type endings recently as it's so laggy.

The 5 better be special though and not just a re-hash of the 4.

I like the sound of the voice control which could be really handy, especially when I'm driving.

If the phone doesn't live up to expectations, I'm scoping out the new Windows Mango phones and also the Sensation XE which looks ace. However, the android interface just doesn't really inspire me.