You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With so many people seemingly still on the 3GS (me too by the way) it makes you wonder how they managed to sell sellers 4.

I've never stuck to the same brand phone twice in a row and I hate myself for having an iPhone 3GS (mainly because apple are twats) but I'll probably go for the iPhone 5 because it's a relatively safe option.

I'd much rather an android though.

I'm sorry for questioning your decision to buy a more expensive, less good phone.

And so you should, it's a personal choice. Besides nobody really knows what to expect from the new phone.

I won't criticise your choice of phone, if it suits you then that is all that matters really.

I just get fed up with the boring predictable shite that seems to follow any thread when apple are mentioned. I'm no fan of the fuckers, although I have a lot of apple products. I just buy what I find suits me, once something I perceive is better comes along I will buy that instead.

I did have a galaxy s ii for two days, battery life was an issue (even with the update and everything off) lovely phone otherwise but not practical for me. Besides as I mentioned earlier, I have invested in expensive apps that I use on a regular basis.

And conversely I get fed up with boring predictable fawning that comes with every new iteration of the iPhone.

Like you say though, horses for courses.

If apple like HTC brought out a new phone very week then there would be none of that, but because they wait so long between versions it builds up the expectations.

Of course it's easier for you to keep your trap shut and ignore than it is to search out such annoyances and seemingly only make yourself more fed up.

People eh?

But that's because HTC value two things that Apple don't.

Giving the customer choice and getting the best new technology out in the marketplace straight away.

I totally disagree. They use a different approach to Apple, that is correct, but both companies value getting money. Rest is just sugar coating things.

But that's because HTC value two things that Apple don't.

Giving the customer choice and getting the best new technology out in the marketplace straight away.

Meh, still getting fed up?

Apple and HTC just want your cash. HTC just don't mind pissing off their customers by bringing out a slightly better phone minutes after you spent £500 on what you thought was the latest one. I know that would piss me off.

Say what you like about apple, they don't do that. you buy their phone and you know that you'll have it at least a year. It's not as if most of the latest technologies are urgent ones either. A few extra megapixels etc.

Quick, quick clear the way, I need the very latest technology NOW! Spoilt twats.

Anyway ignoring the troll.

iphone5-4-1.jpeg?w=657&h=492

I hope the screen is bigger, teardrop design wouldn't upset me either. With so many rival phones keeping the pressure up I can't see apple waiting this long to produce an average phone.

Just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S 2. Unless it offers a better camera than 8MP, better video recording, better social media integration, ability to purchase music from other stores, better battery life, more control over the OS. Then I won't be too arsed.

I've got a bitching arse contract with Virgin through my Dad and the signal is bloody decent in fairness, better coverage than 02.

Are they that good then as I might get one instead?

The only downside I can find on them is the battery life, but how long does it actually last?

I used a Galaxy II and thought it was really good actually. Not as good as an iPhone 4 in my opinion though.

What Apple manage to do with their releases is push the market forwards. The only reason that the better HTC phones EXIST is because of Apple's ability to forward-think. The main example being the iPhone obviously.

There will be features with this new phone that nobody does yet, and HTC, Samsung et al will be copying it, and not bettering it, until the next iPhone comes out.

Both platforms have their faults, so its useless pointing them out. I have mates with HTC phones that require them to reset it daily due to the phone freezing, apps not working etc. I have mates with iPhones that are on their 2nd or 3rd one due to various fuck ups.

Personally, i'm on my 3rd iPhone 4, but that's because I drunkenly dropped my first one in the toilet, and had my 2nd stolen. Both platforms are equally as awesome as the other. For me Apple has their faults, and their marketing is beyond arrogant, but they put out a very good product that suits my needs. I don't need to root my phone to get all the whiz bang cool shit you can do with an open source platform like Android. For that reason, the iPhone is perfect.

Can't wait for iOS5

Troll? Fuck off! Having a differing opinion to you doesn't make me a troll.

Oh my mistake, you're in a thread about something that makes you 'fed up' offering nothing at all really but your retarded troll comments.

Excuse me for thinking you're a troll.

Anyway, moving on.

I can't wait to see nfc or rfid (god knows what they'll call it) come to phones in the UK. We keep seeing and hearing how we will be using our phones to access sports events or cinemas or even pay for good using the touchless technology but as yet I don't know of a major phone that has it.

Once apple start using it then of course it will quickly become mainstream, but I don't expect it this year.

I've got both the Desire HD and an Ipod Touch 3rd Gen, and I think both are excellent at what they do.

I would have liked the iPhone but, when my contract came around for renewal, I couldn't justify the £40 a month or so they wanted for a plan with limited minutes and so on when I'm on a far more generous minutes (unlimited landline, 600 minutes otherwise, loads of data and so on) allowance for £20 a month with the HTC.

So, that's the only reason I don't have one. I think they're excellent devices.

Meh, still getting fed up?

Apple and HTC just want your cash. HTC just don't mind pissing off their customers by bringing out a slightly better phone minutes after you spent £500 on what you thought was the latest one. I know that would piss me off.

Say what you like about apple, they don't do that. you buy their phone and you know that you'll have it at least a year. It's not as if most of the latest technologies are urgent ones either. A few extra megapixels etc.

Quick, quick clear the way, I need the very latest technology NOW! Spoilt twats.

I don't know about that apple held back on the basics an squeezed three releases out between 2g and 3gs

Was no reason for them to do that for alot of the upgrades (not all) that most phones had as standard fir a while.

Edited by Cardie

I don't know about that apple held back on the basics an squeezed three releases out between 2g and 3gs

Was no reason for them to do that for alot of the upgrades (not all) that most phones had as standard fir a while.

I didn't jump onboard until the 3gs, you could say they were new to the smartphone market but you could also say they were doing what they all do.

In any case it's a mere drop in the water compared to most other smartphone makers who seem to release an updated phone months later and then abandon the older model.

I'm not saying apple are any better or worse than other phone producers, but I know that you usually get around 12 months to enjoy your phone before it's updated and damn do they hold their value.

Daughter is wanting a 3GS so im hoping the release of the Iphone 5 will lower the cost of the 3GS or maybe even the 4 to a more affordable price.

She has a 2GS at the moment but it will only run firmware 3.

Orange are doing it free for £15 a month if that's any good.

I think the difference is though that other manufacturers take the approach that if Video recording is a technology being used and available it's going in their phone as standard. Apple's approach is if we hold it back and wait for the shouts for video we can hail it as a great update and bang out a new phone.

Of the two I'd rather the non-apple way, if it's in all phones anyway and you plan on putting it in yours then put it in from the start.

Apple know they have a rabid fan base and they can exploit it.