You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Gyms

Nomad

• 2 weeks later...
Report back to me with your findings

re Ben Dunne

Daughter & her boyfriend joined at the weekend.

Says the £110 offer seems straight-up & there are no catches like off-peak etc. & it also includes any classes although this may be of no use to you chaps.

Says the place is massive, with no queues for equipment & the changing areas are excellent.

The only downside is that at that price even me & the Mrs might be tempted to join.

re Ben Dunne

Daughter & her boyfriend joined at the weekend.

Says the £110 offer seems straight-up & there are no catches like off-peak etc. & it also includes any classes although this may be of no use to you chaps.

Says the place is massive' date=' with no queues for equipment & the changing areas are excellent.

The only downside is that at that price even me & the Mrs might be tempted to join.[/quote']

Sounds good, I need another review after a month though

There's a gym advertised on a huge banner as you go into the car park by Maccies and the Odeon by Switch Island. £100 up front, and that's your yearly membership. I wouldn't have thought there's a pool there though for that much.

Overall, I don't know what's in it, I don't know what it's called and I don't know where it is. Hope this helps.

Loads.

The one in Crosby is pretty good if anyone is still looking in that area. £32 a month no contract. Crosby baths one i mean not the one on the marina, that's good too but no pool there.

Crosby baths has Pool, sauna steam room and,good equipment in the gym, not too many grocks or poseurs, some bell ends but mainly down to,earth people, but fuck all staff is the down side. Rarely anyone around to ask for advice, apart from Carras dad who surreally makes the odd appearance, and I'm never sure if he's being friendly or wants to hit me.

• 2 months later...

Cancelled my membership to Klick Fitness on Ormskirk Road. Proper gone down hill last few months.

The changing rooms, toilets and showers are a proper disgrace. Stinks of piss, mouldy, obviously not cleaned during the day as by 6pm there is bog paper, shit piss and sweat stains all over the bog.

Some of the staff (not all) are just sat around having a laugh with their mates rather than going around and providing some help.

Music is fucking grim.

It was ok when I used to go there maybe twice a week but when I started going more, it was depressing the fuck out of me. Bought my own gym gear, set up a spare room and jibbed it off.

Gym staff then to be thick as shit, lazy twats studying for wank NVQs and of the belief that they will one day be personal trainers to the stars.

Glorified cleaners for the most part, and the majority are severely lacking in their knowledge.

With the job involving a lot of doing fuck all, the staff often turn the place into a hang out for friends

There are good ones out there though, I know a few

• 1 year later...

Gym staff then to be thick as shit, lazy twats studying for wank NVQs and of the belief that they will one day be personal trainers to the stars.

Glorified cleaners for the most part, and the majority are severely lacking in their knowledge.

With the job involving a lot of doing fuck all, the staff often turn the place into a hang out for friends

There are good ones out there though, I know a few

lad in 24/7 gym over the road from me is a fucking blurt. In their all day everyday, chats to all the birds who go in there like he is some sort of god. he isn't even that well built, just a gel haired mincer who wears a vest. 

faggot, come and talk to me while I'm working out u prick 

lad in 24/7 gym over the road from me is a fucking blurt. In their all day everyday, chats to all the birds who go in there like he is some sort of god. he isn't even that well built, just a gel haired mincer who wears a vest.

Reads like you are a little jealous he doesnt pay you any attention.

What are you going to do? Tell him you have a bird?