You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Gyms

Nomad

Looking at joining a gym as the need to get fit is doing my head in. My missus also wants to join one aswell so one which has a pool, gym and classes for her aswell. dont want to spend a fourtune. Most are saying about £30 a month is that about right?

any recommendations?

I live south Liverpool she lives Crosby so either side is sound.

Cheers

A new Gym has just opened in that glass cube on the matchworks site. Think it's opposite the old fire station, top of Banks Road. Don't know what it's like but may be worth a look if your in the south end.

Think your going to struggle with the pool bit though. £30.00 does seem a little steep. Most on the internet are around £15.00 a month.

Looking at joining a gym as the need to get fit is doing my head in. My missus also wants to join one aswell so one which has a pool, gym and classes for her aswell. dont want to spend a fourtune. Most are saying about £30 a month is that about right?

any recommendations?

Cheers

I joined the one by Liverpool one called ' the gym ' the other month. Only £15 a month, open 24 hours a day and close enough to our work you could even go on your dinner. No contract either so you can cancel whenever you want.

I joined the one by Liverpool one called ' the gym ' the other month. Only £15 a month, open 24 hours a day and close enough to our work you could even go on your dinner. No contract either so you can cancel whenever you want.

That's sound, if you don't mind 100,000 people driving along the dock road every day, gegging at you on a treadmill. I'm sure they'd get a lot more patrons if it wasn't so public.

There's a gym advertised on a huge banner as you go into the car park by Maccies and the Odeon by Switch Island. £100 up front, and that's your yearly membership. I wouldn't have thought there's a pool there though for that much.

Overall, I don't know what's in it, I don't know what it's called and I don't know where it is. Hope this helps.

That's sound, if you don't mind 100,000 people driving along the dock road every day, gegging at you on a treadmill. I'm sure they'd get a lot more patrons if it wasn't so public.

Heh, to be honest I think half the people who go that gym joined precisely because they will have people gegging at them as they drive past. It's not that bad though, there are plenty of machines away from the windows and it isn't half as busy as I thought it would be.

There's a gym advertised on a huge banner as you go into the car park by Maccies and the Odeon by Switch Island. £100 up front, and that's your yearly membership. I wouldn't have thought there's a pool there though for that much.

Overall, I don't know what's in it, I don't know what it's called and I don't know where it is. Hope this helps.

Yeah, it's by Matalan on the retail park. Looks ok when I've been past it, think it says from £100 a year which is probably off peak times or something.

any recommendations?

Cheers

Beware...

71F2565E-0B70-B3B1-875283519619B982.jpg

I used to use the local authority gyms in Sheffield which are brilliant; Olympic size pool, loads of classes, use of Don Valley, decent gym equipment and, best of all, a wave machine in the leisure pool. All for £25 and less full of skanks than anticipated. Is there not something similar in Liverpool? If you're wanting a pool that's going to push the price up but these 'no-frills' gyms are pretty good. Do you have a Pure Gym in Liverpool?

I used to use the local authority gyms in Sheffield which are brilliant; Olympic size pool, loads of classes, use of Don Valley, decent gym equipment and, best of all, a wave machine in the leisure pool. All for £25 and less full of skanks than anticipated. Is there not something similar in Liverpool? If you're wanting a pool that's going to push the price up but these 'no-frills' gyms are pretty good. Do you have a Pure Gym in Liverpool?

Lifestyles are the council ones

Just found something called Active Sefton its 29.00 a month for 12 months or 32.00 just a month opt out anytime.

Its got 6 different gyms to use, all classes and pools saunas etc it got a newish gym in maghull and one in crosby marina as part of it. Thats peak hours aswell.

Think its seftons lifestyle gyms.

• 1 year later...

Click fitness in Aintree is good unless you want stuff like swimming pools and saunas*. £11 a month.

*Which having read your post, you want. I think £30 for a gym with a pool is about the standard rate.

Also, the Click gym in Aintree (formerly Fitness First) - the windows of the cardio area look out at people collecting their KFC drive-thru about 50 yards away. Cruel or what?

Just joined the Klick First gym on Ormskirk Road' date=' Aintree and its boss so far. Classes, ridiculous number of cardio and weights equipment, £11 a month no contract.

Don't need sauna's or a swimming pool so the 'express gym' works for me.[/quote']

The only one I know is the one I mentioned earlier in the thread but it doesn't have parking.

On another note CL, I joined Klick First last night, I was a member years ago when it was Fitness First, but it seemed less busy and had more machines. Can't knock it for the price.

Edit : actually I'm lying, the Crowne Plaza by the liver building has it's own gym and car park, look into that.

My gym is a total shithole. It smells and has no decoration what so ever.

We had to go off somewhere the other week and rather than go around the shops with the wife I went to one of these Ballantyne / David Lloyd place with a pool. It was full of posing nob heads hardly any decent free weight stuff and most people either standing around yapping or paying 50 quid a month to run on a treadmill when there is a road outside.

Rather have a shithole you get in and get out of.

• Upvote 1

My gym is a total shithole. It smells and has no decoration what so ever.

We had to go off somewhere the other week and rather than go around the shops with the wife I went to one of these Ballantyne / David Lloyd place with a pool. It was full of posing nob heads hardly any decent free weight stuff and most people either standing around yapping or paying 50 quid a month to run on a treadmill when there is a road outside.

Rather have a shithole you get in and get out of.

Depending on my work shifts I might be going back the boxing gym I used to frequent, best gyms the old ones

Awesome, gym buddy. I need someone to 'spot' for me while I'm working on honing my gluteus maximus.

I'll be too busy burning any excess flab and trying to perv at the birds.

Cheers lads, anymore?

My brother used to go to Liverpool Uni gym and said it's boss, there is loads of parking round there as well.

University of Liverpool - Sports - Sports

Otherwise, the Crowne Plaze is the only one I know with parking, it's right by my work and a few of the lads I work with used to go and said it's very good.

Gym Liverpool | Gyms in Liverpool | Gyms in Liverpool City Centre