You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas has not improved.

Guest simon

I'm not saying he can't improve further, just trying to add a little objectivity!

If Lucas continues to improve at the same rate as the last two seasons and the beginning of this (I think he is making more of an attacking contribution already) then he will do fine.

Chelsea bought Parker to stop anyone else getting him. They actually held back his development a fair bit.

He's doing fine now.

But obviously he'll improve. He's 24, and plays in a position where players tend to peak around the age of 30, Makelele, Hamann, even Scott Parker.

We're fine in the centre of midfield. Our main glaring problems are having no-one that can play wide right, and a lack of a proper finisher upfront.

He's doing fine now.

But obviously he'll improve. He's 24, and plays in a position where players tend to peak around the age of 30, Makelele, Hamann, even Scott Parker.

We're fine in the centre of midfield. Our main glaring problems are having no-one that can play wide right, and a lack of a proper finisher upfront.

Is about right. Although you never know, some of our signings may improve ...

Henderson is fine to play that fake wide right position. His crosses are often very good and he's quite energetic.

I believe Carroll wil prove to be a good number 9 for us, but we do lack a Hernandez I agree. Wouldn't mind Kevin Doyle this January to be honest.

Is about right. Although you never know, some of our signings may improve ...

Aye. Carroll is the hope for the finishing bit obviously. Took his goal well against West Brom.

But wide right, we actually still don't have anyone who's primary position is, indeed, wide right. My hope is that Dalglish gives Downing a run there. Bellamy or Maxi deserve a crack on the left, neither will step on Enrique's toes like Downing has been doing. Johnson and Kelly have both looked good enough going forward to give us the right foot/left foot inside/outside quite sure what I'm talking about/not quite sure what I''m talking about balance on either flank.

Ya get me?

Someone mentioned Modric as Lucas's "ideal" CM partner. The link isn't that hard to work out.

So what?

I would like Messi to play for us, but oh.. our midfield isn't as good as Barca's.. Therefore he surely couldn't work for us!

Mongy logic at its worst.

Sort of! I expected from the players we bought to see Henderson playing more of a Houghton role than an outright winger, albeit Downing is no Johnny Barnes.

Yes, me too. The shape of his previous Liverpool teams.

Quite right about Barnes, although few are/were.

The changing role of fullbacks in modern football seems to have limited the emergence of Barnes type players. It no longer seems to be obligatory that they can defend, although I think we've finally got some decent ones now.

Now, I've only read a tiny bit of all this, but I'm of the opinion that aRdja is a bad, bad tit.

Lucas was average against an amazingly poor West Brom, so I'm delighted to see people heralding him as the new Busquets once more. Everything is as it should be.

He is a bad tit. He was the Momo of sixcrazyminutes. Well, apart from the actual Momo.

Banned and re-registered under several different names, and then outed eventually by being the weapons-grade cunt he really is. I seem to recall he's from Australia, used to constantly quack on about how marvellous Man Utd players were, talk about being rich and having servants (often with a vaguely racist tone), was slightly camp and had shit taste in music and fashion.

Deeply, deeply unpleasant.

Now, I've only read a tiny bit of all this, but I'm of the opinion that aRdja is a bad, bad tit.

Lucas was average against an amazingly poor West Brom, so I'm delighted to see people heralding him as the new Busquets once more. Everything is as it should be.

Now, I don't think I've never really read any of your posts bar this one, but I'm of the opinion that you are a cocksucking fuckwit.

He is a bad tit. He was the Momo of sixcrazyminutes. Well, apart from the actual Momo.

Banned and re-registered under several different names, and then outed eventually by being the weapons-grade cunt he really is. I seem to recall he's from Australia, used to constantly quack on about how marvellous Man Utd players were, talk about being rich and having servants (often with a vaguely racist tone), was slightly camp and had shit taste in music and fashion.

Deeply, deeply unpleasant.

Yeah calling Ronaldo and Rooney as some of the best in the world was so controversial.. Hindsight is twen.. oh.. hang on, I was right. As per.

Typical fucking Brendan, resorting to slander after I destroyed your idiotic arguments.

I'm out.

Yeah calling Ronaldo and Rooney as some of the best in the world was so controversial.. Hindsight is twen.. oh.. hang on, I was right. As per.

Typical fucking Brendan, resorting to slander after I destroyed your idiotic arguments.

I'm out.

Goodbye ardja.

And don't try and pretend you were bullied or hounded or slandered.

You're just truly horrible.