You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh cunts!

Sugar Ape

Worst UK country  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Worst UK country

From a invention/technological advancement Point of view England and Scotland trump the other two.

From an artistic/creative point of view I think the spoils are shared, to varying degrees, between England, Ireland and Scotland.

From an academic/intellectual point of view England and Scotland.

From an exports/business point of view England, and to a lesser degree Scotland.

From a sport/pass time point of view England, Scotland and Ireland all excel in some thing or other.

From an architectural/built beauty point of view England and Scotland

From a natural/environmental point of view England and Scotland (Major cities excluded)

From a contribution/necessity to each other point of view England stands alone.

I think I've covered most of the important aspects of the Union.

I'll let you work out what my choice is?

From a invention/technological advancement Point of view England and Scotland trump the other two.

From an artistic/creative point of view I think the spoils are shared, to varying degrees, between England, Ireland and Scotland.

From an academic/intellectual point of view England and Scotland.

From an exports/business point of view England, and to a lesser degree Scotland.

From a sport/pass time point of view England, Scotland and Ireland all excel in some thing or other.

From an architectural/built beauty point of view England and Scotland

From a natural/environmental point of view England and Scotland (Major cities excluded)

From a contribution/necessity to each other point of view England stands alone.

I think I've covered most of the important aspects of the Union.

I'll let you work out what my choice is?

Vote Wales on the poll then you big biff.

And that's why Ireland is the clear choice the Ginger haired green loving pot'o'gold hogging, rainbow chasing, pedantic 'we're not British, potato eating, pub exploding, all about the craic shouting, can't decide between rugby and football so we'll do both at the same time playing, leprechauns .

• Upvote 2

I voted for Northern Ireland because I hate the place.

Also because I'm convinced its actually all made up of particles of shit stuck together.

However this poll will mostly show peoples perception of said countries, as most will have relatively limited experience with all of them. It is for that reason I expect NI to fall far behind.

Incidentally, i seem to remember Northern Ireland consistently topping the gcse and a-level results tables:

BBC News - Northern Ireland A-level stars shine brightest

And that's why Ireland is the clear choice the Ginger haired green loving pot'o'gold hogging, rainbow chasing, pedantic 'we're not British, potato eating, pub exploding, all about the craic shouting, can't decide between rugby and football so we'll do both at the same time playing, leprechauns .

be-jaysus and be-gorrah Cardie, sure there's no need to be so hateful, so there's not

Where in Ireland Duff Man?

Just to clarify on the name of the thread, Ireland is NOT in britain

I honestly can't remember, it was fucking grim though. There was a housing estate nearby to where we were staying and there were riots there almost every night. Not full scale rioting but torching cars and taking on the police and stuff. A lad accidentally found himself walking through it one evening and took a hell of a beating. It was surrounded by this big wall too, like something out of Escape From New York. Odd place, I only lasted about 3 weeks before buggering off home.