You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In your opinion, who is the best striker in the World right now?

Monster Masch

Who is the best striker in the World, right now?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best striker in the World, right now?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavani and Falcao. We chose Andy fucking Carroll over these two beasts. :(

Crap poll btw.

Maybe I should have included them in the poll but neither are in anyway the best out of the list I provided.

At least I'm not crap at life.

a poll that excludes the world's top 2 forwards - good work there fella

in the tier below them it's between Villa and Aguero for me

Suarez - if he starts reproducing his form of the Copa America - would be in there as well

Strikers, not forwards. I would not have started the poll if Messi was counted as a striker, as there would be no room for debate.

I can't see past Rooney at this very moment.

Maybe I should have included them in the poll but neither are in anyway the best out of the list I provided.

At least I'm not crap at life.

Strikers, not forwards. I would not have started the poll if Messi was counted as a striker, as there would be no room for debate.

I can't see past Rooney at this very moment.

Rooney's form this season has coincided with him playing more between the lines of striker and midfield, a free(er) role of sorts, he has proven most effective when used in this formation, as his goal tally testifies. He's playing the same false 9 position that Messi is playing for Barce, and as such isn't a striker in the traditional sense, well not at the moment anyway.

I bet your mate doesn't watch any other league does he? People in my work say it all the time how "such and such is the best in the world" but when I ask if they watch other leagues they say no.

Falcao is doing amazing in La Liga as is Cavani for Serie A, two players I would have over Rooney any day of the week.

Edit: If you refuse to add Messi and Ronaldo then surely Aguero shouldn't be on there? He's more of an Attacking Midfielder if anything, (Suarez type)

Eto'o, Aguero, Higuain, Falcao, Suarez, Cavani,Tevez are just some of the forwards Id have over Rooney.

For years I believed Rooney to be massively overrated and in fairness he was, I was a huge critic but I have to say he's been magnificent for a while now, some of his football is sublime.

Me too. I always used to think he was a good player, but not the white Pele the English press make him out to be. A blip for 2/3 of last season aside though, he's been one of the absolute best around for 2-3 years now.

The fucking bastard.

doubt many will put that in writing on this board mate

I don't see why not if you believe he's the best striker in the world. Just because he plays for our fiercest rivals shouldn't change that.

There's been a severe drop in quality of strikers.

Remember the days of Van Nistlerooy, Henry, Fowler and Shearer. That's only this country as well.

Suppose Henry isn't a striker either because he has more to his game than scoring goals?

All this talk of 'Strikers' and 'Forwards' is absolute bullshit. Why don't we throw 'Centre Forward' and 'Out And Out Goalscorers' into the mix too. It's purely semantics and is outright bollocks. Classing someone as a 'Forward' because they have much more to their game than tap ins from 6 yards and discounting them from a debate on 'Strikers' is pure lunacy.

Question - who scores more goals than every other fucker?

Answer - Messi and Ronaldo.

Case dismissed.

All this talk of 'Strikers' and 'Forwards' is absolute bullshit. Why don't we throw 'Centre Forward' and 'Out And Out Goalscorers' into the mix too. It's purely semantics and is outright bollocks. Classing someone as a 'Forward' because they have much more to their game than tap ins from 6 yards and discounting them from a debate on 'Strikers' is pure lunacy.

Question - who scores more goals than every other fucker?

Answer - Messi and Ronaldo.

Case dismissed.

Totally agree,both scored 53 goals in all competitions last season.

I'd rather have a non striker who scores more goals than all other strikers who score nowhere near as much.

With the sort of numbers being served up by the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, being merely a 1-in-2 striker no longer guarantees you a place in the list of the world's absolutely top strikers. The bar has been raised by those two, and players like Aguero, Dzeko, Rooney, Cavani and Falcao have upped their games accordingly. The way teams are set up these days, a side having - and relying on - one focal point for goals isn't going to be competitive enough.