You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bellers

Guest TK-421

I've had to neg the opening poster for using the name “Bellers” but all in all I’m happy enough to have the lad back. I just hope he doesn’t cause shite again by attacking one of the players. More importantly I hope he stays fit. If he does, then I think Andy Carroll may have to get used to the bench. He looked lively and intelligent and hard working again last night and that was a pleasure to see.

Good on 'em.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked really good last night...his energy, his movement, his commitment, his link up work with Suarez, particularly in the first half.

And the other stuff...you know what you're going to get with Bellamy. When he's playing for someone else he's a moaning git but having just come back its sort of endearing, until.....

Edited by Champ
Missed word out

Guest ShoePiss
I've had to neg the opening poster for using the name “Bellers” but all in all I’m happy enough to have the lad back. I just hope he doesn’t cause shite again by attacking one of the players. More importantly I hope he stays fit. If he does, then I think Andy Carroll may have to get used to the bench. He looked lively and intelligent and hard working again last night and that was a pleasure to see.

Good on 'em.

But what about Gerro? Will he take Hendo's place?

He was superb last night. I still can't believe he can kick it as hard as he did for that free kick off the bar. Impressive for a littl'un.

Took his goal really well and link up with Suarez was fluid.

Could he be our best ever free signing?

He's a good free signing but not our best. Gary Mac and Markus Babbel were better IMO.

It is nice having Craig Bellamy back. Discuss.

Of course it's nice to see him back. Everyone knows his flaws - doesn't score enough golas, can be occasionally mental - but he's quick, skilful, passionate, versatile and demands the best. He's also very clearly delighted to be back.

We should never have sold him in the first place, and at the moment he should be starting every game.

I just wish he was ten years younger

But what about Gerro? Will he take Hendo's place?

I think that's up to Kop boss Kenny to decide.

I'd like to see Bellamy and Kuyt get a run in the team along with Suarez. I think Dirk is a great foil for Suarez. Luis' arrival in January seemed to bring out the best in him. Towards the back end of last season he was playing his best ever football for us and banging them in every week. So much so that it was a shame seeing him dropped a few times so far this season.

I've had to neg the opening poster for using the name “Bellers

What's wrong with calling Bellers, Bellers?

Bellers was superb last night, my MOTM, difficult to believe how much work he put in and how quick he still is.

Thinking that those 3 up front would cause any defence in the world a whole heap of heartache

Was against him coming back, didn't think he had anything left in the tank. On the evidence we've seen so far I was very wrong. I think he's mellowed out a bit, he's still a gobby Welsh git but I don't think he'll cause ructions in the changing room. It appears to me that he realises how lucky he is to be back here. Always loved the scamp.

Bellers is a very cricketesque public schoolboy nickname. I call him Bellend, cos he is one but it's great to have the big bell back, he should never have been sold.

I don't believe he was sold by choice, more as a trade in to supplement the Torres deal. From what has been said since Rafa didn't actively want rid of him.

Kenny said recently that he's a better player now than he was at 25, and I can see that; he is more mature and thinks more about the game. He doesn't look to have lost much pace either at 32! I think if we can use him carefully over the season he will prove to be a most astute signing. I don't think he will have it in his tank to play every game though.

I don't believe he was sold by choice, more as a trade in to supplement the Torres deal.

Pure propaganda. The sequence was that we bought Torres, sold Bellamy and then bought Babel. Selling Bellamy to buy Torres sounds better than selling him to buy Babel though, doesn't it?

My word, what a marvellous growler.

Growler, which meaning did he mean. Either way it is one of the most random words used in football commentary for a long time.

This term has two suggested meaning from two different people. The first is a slang name for vagina, i.e.. "I'd love to see her growler". This probably derives from it's likeness to a furry animal ? The other meaning is: the sort of person who is very drunk in a pub and is looking for a fight, maybe a mad looking bloke sitting at the bar staring at people. (suggested by R Bailey and Lee Austin).