You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can this still be a good season?

BestRed69

Guest The Chimp
Of fucking course it can, I'm still looking forward to our games, still loving the king, still eager to see Carroll become the player i hope he can be, still waiting for Gerrard to burst back into the team and grab us a late winner, still waiting for lil' luis to get the golden boot and player of the season. If two fucking defeats is stopping you from believing in the team and the king then you can fuck off and support someone else.

Amen.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'on the MF, but you wouldnt know that'

Do you even go the game?

Get behind them, it'll come good, instead of having a go.

The Ref fucked us over on Sunday, we'll never know what could of happened had we stayed with 11 men.

We've had two unlucky/bad results but this is a new team give it a fucking chance

Obviously it was all the refs fault.

To me its simple. Kenny has to decide the style we want to play, and stick to it.

The second half of last season showed that Suarez works best with the pass and move type players, which include Kuyt, Maxi, Raul, Lucas and I believe Aquilani and Gerrard. Hell, Lucas looked world class playing in that style.

We bought Henderson, Downing and Adam obviously to play to Carroll's supposed strengths. And it is no wonder, our Stoke approach is not working.

Its not a bad idea to have Carroll as a plan B. Rafa used Crouch as a battering ram too, but not as the primary style.

IMO, although we sold Raul and Aquilani (as good as sold), we should stock up on more of these intelligent, pass and move, tiki taka type players. I am sure Henderson, Downing and Adam will be able to adapt eventually, but not all at once. They need the English style trained out of them first.

As for Carroll, since we paid so much for him, he has to adapt to our style, not we adapt to his style. If he eventually cannot fit, we just have to get rid of him, even at a loss. Barcelona got rid of Ibrahimovic too, when he didn't fit their style.

So for now, play to Suarez' strengths, which means more of Kuyt and Maxi, less of Adam and Henderson.

I agree with this.

If we are going to be successful we have to get the best out of Suarez and Gerrard. That for me means pass and move football, as we saw in the second half of last season.

The only part of that post of don't agree with is Downing. I think he is capable of playing in fluid pass and move team. I also think Henderson will be able to in the future, as he clearly has talent.

Adam can do the passing part, just a shame about the 'move'.

I wouldn't go out and bet the farm on top 4 - which is surely the aim this season - but one of the few positives I've consoled myself with is that despite the last 2 games, it's not like Arsenal and Tottenham, surely the main challengers, have flown out of the blocks and sit 10 points ahead already. They look to have their own problems - Arsenal definitely so, and Tottenham were given a good spanking by both Manc clubs (which is frustrating, given how up for it they looked against us and how Spurs-like they looked against them).

It stinks to see the manc clubs (and the horrible one in particular) playing so well, but we can't quite match that yet, given that one of them is an absolute juggernaut, and the other is a vanity project to the tune of nearly £1 billion. The positive I'll take is that we're much closer to the teams that finished ahead of us last year in Spurs (despite the result), Arsenal and Chelsea.

We've had 3 tough away games as well - we've never won at the Britannia (and it's definitely the toughest of the non-top 6 grounds) since they came up, WHL seems to be a disaster zone for us thesedays and Arsenal, despite their overall shiteness this year, is a place we don't win at often. There's only 4 more aways that I'm really concerned about - Castle Greyskull, Woodison, Stamford Bridge and whatever City are calling their landlord's place thesedays.

I still think we can finish in the top 4 and win a cup. That would still be a good season for me - despite all the money in football, City took 2-3 years to get in the top 4 and win a cup.

I think Kenny is trying to play a way hes familiar with and one hes used before back in his last stint.

I see him using Downing as his Barnes,Adam as his Molby and Suarez as his Beardsley or himself and Rush combo.

He is still missing a few pieces nevertheless. Bellamy could be his Craig Johnston and Gerrard will be his Mcmahon type player but he is missing a Whelan style player and an out and out goalscorer like Rush.

I see us developing into this type of team but not without a bit more investment beforehand.

Are/Were they more positive than here?

There's a difference between optimism and delusion, isn't there?

Plenty of the former here, but folks are down to earth.

RAWK demands a large-scale psychological exam to get to the bottom of what's happening there because fucked if I know how people there can say some of the things they say with a straight face.

Has any Liverpool fan anywhere ever said Jay is better than Wilshere? Other than maybe someone trolling?

Happens every season, Man U fans accuse Liverpool fans of being deluded about things they never said in the first place.

Most likely somebody on RAWK has said it. They have a whole thread dedicated to RAWK on RedCafe and re post crazy stuff said on RAWK.

Most likely somebody on RAWK has said it. They have a whole thread dedicated to RAWK on RedCafe and re post crazy stuff said on RAWK.

Just goes to show, with all that has been said about our 'decline' they still perceive us as their main rivals.

RAWK is just a fucking embarrassment. It should be nuked from the internet.

• 3 months later...

BUMP!

You know what - we haven't scored nearly enough, we've suffered from Stevie G missing, Lucas is out for the season, we've hit the post a million times and it looks like every conspiracy theory is coming true at once: the cunts really are out to get us!

BUT

We are Liverpool. Does anyone believe that what we have seen so far is as good as it gets? That we haven't underperformed? With just over half a season to go, we are only three points from the CL places. We generally don't hit our stride until the second half of the season anyway: this season the contrast will leave the naysayers, cynics, pessimists, Eeyores and doom-mongers dumbstruck.

2012 is going to rule. Bring it the fuck on.

We remain a team in transition. Disappointing, given the lavish outlay since the departure of Torres, but understandable considering it's a new set up and FSG are new to football.

I would say a lot depends on keeping the back four unit together, reintroducing Gerrard, signing a striker and, if circumstances allow, bringing in cover for Lucas in January. I don't see Spearing as a natural replacement for Lucas and the good teams will get the better of us in midfield if something isn't done soon.

It could go either way.

Get Higuain or similar quality in Jan and we can still get 4th. We are creating shit load of chances and our defence is tight.

Basically yeah.

I think some of the names being bandied about for January are fucking pie in the sky. But we need somebody.

We start scoring goals we have seriously good chance at 4th. We keep going the way we've been going and we won't.