You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your opening gambit on the Degen discussion was "you don't know what you're talking about".

So, for some of us, the thought process probably went something like "what a wanker".

You were then, comprehensively, shown that you did not know the facts properly.

Piscinin is right - you showed your hand (not that I didn't know already - you were like Brownie Lite during 2009/2010).

All of that is fair comment apart from the last paragraph. My opinions are all my own, especially when they're wrong, and I don't have an "agenda". I could talk for as long about Rafa's good signings as his bad, and on the whole I think he was a good manager for us, just not exceptional.

But you see, it isn't.

If you're spending money on Keane, Riera, Dossena and Aquilani and getting fuck all value from it, you deserve to be held accountable for that.

Yes TH and GG where cancers that needed to be cut out, but to completely absolve Benitez of any accountability just didn't make any sense to me.

They all needed to be removed, every last one of them. The only thing I regret is that Benitez didn't go after the owners did. Because they all needed to go.

No-one is trying to absolve Benitez of all accountability you utter plonker. Are you even reading the other posts in this thread?

You're one of the people I was talking about in my post above.

No-one is trying to absolve Benitez of all accountability you utter plonker. Are you even reading the other posts in this thread?

You're one of the people I was talking about in my post above.

I'm not particularly bothered to be honest. The argument has gone on for so long and has been so drawn out over the years and we're all entrenched in our views it's completely and utterly pointless trying to make any sense of it all.

I know what good achieved, I know what bad he achieved. But him still prancing effectively being a ghost on a wall, doing a Shanks and almost hanging around the corridors of power long after he's left. Well it's doing no one any good.

I wish he'd just get another job and fuck off to be honest. It's getting tiresome, every fucking month he comes out with some bullshit trying to justify some stupid decision he made. Like trying to sell Alonso to get Gareth Barry and play him on the left fucking wing.

We're a better club without him, and that's the damn truth there.

Guest ian garro
*Dips toe in*

In what way are we a better club?

He could show you his big rambling blog about how Roy Hodgson is the best thing since sliced bread and made him feel all warm inside, to illustrate the point, if you like ?

Why can't people just say "You know what, Rafa did a pretty good job as our manager."

Because when all's said and done, he did.

Because after he had finally formed the squad in his own image we won fuck all and he was he for 6 years, he also left the squad and first team in a worse condition than when he arrived so why should I?

Guest ian garro
Because after he had finally formed the squad in his own image we won fuck all and he was he for 6 years, he also left the squad and first team in a worse condition than when he arrived so why should I?

Insufferable.

I would have had Mourinho has manager. Because Mourinho is a better manager than Benitez. It's quite simple really.

Some people would have had us win fuck all with Rafa for numerous years and just take it.

Can you not see the hypocrisy of accusing someone of acting like a bellend and then wanting to employ the biggest bellend around. So your idea was to get rid of Rafa and employ Mourinho!. With views like that I struggle to see how you are in a position to offer sage advice.

Can you not see the hypocrisy of accusing someone of acting like a bellend and then wanting to employ the biggest bellend around. So your idea was to get rid of Rafa and employ Mourinho!. With views like that I struggle to see how you are in a position to offer sage advice.

Depends how much you want to win.

Honestly. Rafa could be an absolute bastard and win the league I wouldn't be arsed. I just want to win.

I'm not particularly bothered to be honest. The argument has gone on for so long and has been so drawn out over the years and we're all entrenched in our views it's completely and utterly pointless trying to make any sense of it all.

I know what good achieved, I know what bad he achieved. But him still prancing effectively being a ghost on a wall, doing a Shanks and almost hanging around the corridors of power long after he's left. Well it's doing no one any good.

I wish he'd just get another job and fuck off to be honest. It's getting tiresome, every fucking month he comes out with some bullshit trying to justify some stupid decision he made. Like trying to sell Alonso to get Gareth Barry and play him on the left fucking wing.

We're a better club without him, and that's the damn truth there.

Every single post you make about Rafa has nothing but negativity in it. Look at your post above. "I can see the good and I can see the bad". Well you sure as hell never mention the good, do you.

He's hardly "prancing around the corridors of power" either. He's been to see a couple of games and he's done some scouting for the club.

Black and white! Look at me!

He could show you his big rambling blog about how Roy Hodgson is the best thing since sliced bread and made him feel all warm inside, to illustrate the point, if you like ?

Fuck me, I, understandably, had never read his blog before, just read it now and I'm struggling for breath. My personal favourite is this bit :

To put it bluntly. Rafa is a great manager who could have managed us through this period of instability, but he couldn't.

And of course ending it with this :

In Hodgson I trust.

Ant, just give it up.

"In Hodgson I trust"

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You see, Ant, I've never read your blog before, but when I posted the other day that you are "wrong about everything, all of the time" I was actually 100% correct.

You are.

All of your opinions are now null and void. Any point you try to make will be obfuscated forever by that sentence. Every utterance you make is simply....irrelevant.

"In Hodgson I trust"

You weapon.

Depends how much you want to win.

Honestly. Rafa could be an absolute bastard and win the league I wouldn't be arsed. I just want to win.

On the one hand you're saying you'd have rather had Mourinho as manager (the most argumentative and divisive character in world football), then you're saying that we're a better club and more unified without Benitez, so basically good riddance, then you're saying you'd have no problem with Benitez being a 'bastard' as long as we won the league.......

As for the 'Comolli would never have been appointed under Benitez' remark - we all know how much Mourinho likes to work under Directors of Football, don't we?

"It's about time our own fans started showing Hodgson just some respect, not only has this 'journeyman' convinced SG and FT to stay, he's managed to convince Joe Cole to up sticks and move here. He's also struck up a rapport with Purslow and etc and it seems the players he wants, are the players he gets. He has been able to talk the talk so far, and it remains to be seen if he can walk the walk.

But signs are promising, I like Roy Hodgson, I think he's an honest manager and he has integrity. I'm really pleased he's our manager.

He's buying safe players for testing times"

*wheezes and collapses*