You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ace Beatles Covers!

Kurt

[YOUTUBE]jloZXseyYrI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yqAkdxjneig[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mDakEzW4JF0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]l8K0yLAtzCY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kqQiaf3LbDY[/YOUTUBE]

None of them touch the originals, but it just shows how influential they were.

I had an argument in a pub with a girl last night who said she 'detests' The Beatles. I asked how? and she claimed they were overrated, so I list of a few songs 'Hide Your Love Away' Norwegian Wood' 'Blackbird' ect and she turns round and concede that they have written some fantastic stuff and she was wrong, Stupid woman!

I think because of the ubiquity of some of the stuff people forget how fucking great a band, and cultural movement, they actually were.

Harrison is still the best songwriter in the band though, she agreed with me on this!

That Jim Carrey one is ace. I just love how the lyrics for all the songs speak to you in different ways, and tones, even after all these years.

I'm younger so I probably don't have the same taste in music as most of you but I have a few favourite covers. A little more Canadian love:

cAe1lVDbLf0

Nothing beats the original but I loved this when I first heard it:

D92Lyxj7U7Q

Also, for anyone who watched Nowhere Boy, two of my faves:

S0Ow3w5x21U

Aaron Johnson was amazing for me:

LUTXrAAHtgQ