You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why Tory Hillsborough documents must be released before Thatchcunt dies. Brian Reade

chris71

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How?

For me he nailed it spot on.

I'm guessing your age clouds your opinion on this piece Si.

Everything was said the title etc came across as petty i know what she did but its all abit extreme. Maybe just me thinking that though there's loads of stuff I could say but I won't.

Very good by Brian. It's quite possible the release of the files could come down to a vote in the commons. The emotive language is to evoke people so that the pressure to do the right thing from the MPs is realised. To think some on here even bothering to pick apart an article with this particularly powerful message.

A bit extreme? Like covering up the truth for over 2 decades?

Sorry Si but you're having a mare here.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm talking about show before she dies. Who the fuck cares as long as the documents are released? Than everybody will know what only ones that were there could know. I won't believe I know enough about it because I didn't see it. To me everything is hearsay. Justice will be done I'm sure. As long as its done then who cares about other details.

I'm expecting this post to be read wrong and for me to look a cunt

That's not what I'm saying. I'm talking about show before she dies. Who the fuck cares as long as the documents are released? Than everybody will know what only ones that were there could know. I won't believe I know enough about it because I didn't see it. To me everything is hearsay. Justice will be done I'm sure. As long as its done then who cares about other details.

I'm expecting this post to be read wrong and for me to look a cunt

You don't look a cunt Si, you've just got this very wrong.

You don't look a cunt Si, you've just got this very wrong.

Does the hate for the Sun etc mean more than justice being done? If so then I agree. People get so mixed up and miss the main thing. There Documents that tell everything. If not edited that will be more important than any Grudges even though right. You could ask what's justice? But that's a different ommitment to everyone. I would like to know the families affected opinions on it all. I know it harsh to say but im sure they just want the documents released then they can try to forget and get on with there lives. If it was my family and I saw reports constantly id constanly be upset. Justice to me would be allowing these people to live there lives without constant reminders. Once these documents are released I'm sure they wouldn't want to see another report.

Everything was said the title etc came across as petty i know what she did but its all a bit extreme. Maybe just me thinking that though there's loads of stuff I could say but I won't.

I'm sure it's not just you. Irrespective of what Thatcher did, it's hard not to feel uncomfortable reading an article which emphasises the need to expedite a public inquiry so we can get revenge against a senile old lady before she dies. It is petty and vindictive, but that's Brian Reade for you.

I'm sure it's not just you. Irrespective of what Thatcher did, it's hard not to feel uncomfortable reading an article which emphasises the need to expedite a public inquiry so we can get revenge against a senile old lady before she dies. It is petty and vindictive, but that's Brian Reade for you.

Really?

Swap Thatcher for Duckenfield.

Is it still revenge?

I'm pretty sure there is an article in the fanzine CL edition of Hetmes getting ticket and not going. There us a picture of himholding his ticket with glee.

The tool.

If he'd saved up for the year he could have afforded to go without the need for putting it on credit and it costing him more like his car insurance.

Are you for real?

She is as accountable for justice not being brought at the time as anyone and deserves all the shit she gets.

And I wouldn't say the headline was vindictive, just pointing out a fact that she needs to be held to account before she gets her state funded funeral.

Does the hate for the Sun etc mean more than justice being done? If so then I agree. People get so mixed up and miss the main thing. There Documents that tell everything. If not edited that will be more important than any Grudges even though right. You could ask what's justice? But that's a different ommitment to everyone. I would like to know the families affected opinions on it all. I know it harsh to say but im sure they just want the documents released then they can try to forget and get on with there lives. If it was my family and I saw reports constantly id constanly be upset. Justice to me would be allowing these people to live there lives without constant reminders. Once these documents are released I'm sure they wouldn't want to see another report.

No offence Si, saying what you would do in that situation is pointless until you are in that situation.

Reade was there that day, along with my Uncle and many other reds who had to witness that horrible, horrible day. There has been no justice, There is obviously something in those files that will damage Thatcher's reputation and the Tories themselves and that's why they need to come out before that old slag dies.

Your not old enough (I assume) to remember what it was like to live in a family that was working class and screwed over by Thatcher's Britain. Her methods destroyed families, she didn't give a fuck about anything other than the fat cats getting fatter and chasing the American Capitalism dream with her Buddy Reagan.

People want justice, and Thatcher and Duckenfield need to be brought to justice much more than anybody else involved.

Burying the truth, would have to be considered as an offence against justice though, surely?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that Thatcher did everything in her power to stop the facts about Hillsborough coming out. Using her relationship to Murdoch and the print media to run patently false and offensive, actually downright scandalous stories about Liverpool fans is something that she should be held accountable for.

Any cover up that was committed to hide the truth is also something that she should be held accountable for.

It doesn't matter what age she is or how long ago it was. It also doesn't matter what her other policies were. The subject is Hillsborough not the Unions or the Miners.

If you think Brian Reade's tone is harsh or offensive, perhaps consider how the people who have lost their family members feel, and all the times they have been lied to and had lies told about them. Consider how they feel about their treatment by their own government and yet their only "crime" was to go and watch a game of football.

The writer wants Thatch to have to face the music and he's saying it in a blunt way. I don't have a problem with that and I'm sure most of the people reading the article won't either.

Guest The Chimp

She is an abhorrent, evil, deceitful cunt. If she was involved in any cover up, collusion, whatever, then too right she needs to be brought to account. I was going to say that it's surely beyond belief that any decent person, let alone a Red could show anything but complete disdain for her, her actions and those of her party, but I'm not even shocked by some of the stuff I read any more.

Skidders is spot on with everything he's written in this thread for me.

Edit. And a good post from iceman as well above.

Full disclosure seems right and proper, there isn't really any valid reason not too, apart from the Tories desperately trying to protect Thatcher and the potential damage it will have to the Tory party even now.

As for Thatcher and someone old enough to live through it all, I think the issues she'd identified were initially correct, the country needed to change, union domination and terrible management of nationalised industries had brought the country to it's knees. Her solution however, little short of attempting to smash the working class particularly in northern cities was simply abhorent.

'Vindictive' is a word that is being used to describe Brian Reade's article. The epitome of vindictiveness was Thatcher; her destruction of our industries, the sell off of our utilities and the attacks on the only protection workers had, the trades unions, mark this slobbering old twat as the most pernicious right wing evil that this fucked up nation has ever produced.

I can't believe that her spiteful and hate filled character would allow her to even think that football fans could ever be victims, certainly not at the hands of her private South Yorkshire Army who were so violently supportive of her aims throughout the miners' strike - particularly at Orgreave. And that is why I am hopeful that the release of Cabinet papers pertaining to Hillsborough expose what I believe to be the fact that Thatcher attempted to cover up the extent of the constabulary's responsibility for the deaths of 96 people.

Should she be so exposed then I would demand that she faces criminal charges of attempting to pervert the coutse of justice. I would delight in witnessing this senile, drooling, sitting in her own shit, carcass of malevolence having her day in court. I would take greater delight in her history being re-written so that future generations are left in no doubt that Thatcher was just another corrupt politician. Then I will wait for her to die before celebrating her death with a week long piss-up, singing songs about the demise of the horrible cunt.

Vindictive? Too fucking right.

Si,it has taken so long and will still take a bit longer yet that the victims of this tragedy have amounted to much more than just the original 96 victims on the day,Tony Bland though left in a vegetative state was never again to regain consciousness so therefore was all but deceased.

The victims have kept on coming. So many family members of the deceased have died themselves since,friends of the victims also.The recent suicide of a guy who passed his ticket on to a friend that died and couldn't live with the guilt is yet another case attached to this miscarriage of justice because the people responsible weren't brave enough to face up to their own negligence.

So the total of victims is well over a hundred and yet nobody has been brought to justice or called to account for the government of the days cover up or alleged cover up for those deaths.

As for Thatcher herself,she's lived far longer and healthier a life than every one of those people and mainly because she is so selfish and heartless that she put herself above every one of those victims when she isn't fit to breathe the same air as they cannot do any more.

Since when has holding somebody to account been classed as revenge?

Hermes trying to discredit the article is not surprising, it seems as if he's actually becoming a parody of his own internet persona. But doing it on this thread is a fuckin disgrace, there is plenty of room on the GF to discuss that fucking witch, without trying to take away the fact that one of the mainstream papers has printed an article so close to the way many of us think of her and what we suspect she was responsible for regarding the cover up.

And SD as others have said its not necessarily about revenge, but making sure the truth is released so people are able to voice their opinion about her before she dies. How do you feel about your taxes being used to pay for a state funeral for someone that was almost certainly responsible for the cover up and was so vindictive towards working classes especially in the north, and specifically the people of Liverpool.

But lets not get away from the main point of the article, and that is just to put pressure on the government to release the documents, unedited, which surely something everyone on here wants.

I hate defending herpes, because i think he's a cunt of the highest order, but the point the twat is making, is right! if any part of the article is wrong it casts a shadow over the whole article; an article this sensitive as to be 100% correct.

Exactly. I would have thought there had been enough lies and false accusations surrounding Hillsborough. But no, Brian Reade manages to throw another one in.