Sign in to follow this  
Section_31

Sunday night telly that reminds you of going back to school

56 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The clothes show, I hated that shite.

Oh so true. There was some F******* on a Sunday afternoon then, before Sky etc. I was in the process of splitting up from my ex. I'd be sitting there watching the sporting event and she'd walk in, click. It's the fucking Clothes Show.

Trust me, it wasn't worth arguing.

29 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Oh so true. There was some F******* on a Sunday afternoon then, before Sky etc. I was in the process of splitting up from my ex. I'd be sitting there watching the sporting event and she'd walk in, click. It's the fucking Clothes Show.

Trust me, it wasn't worth arguing.

Changing the channel over when watching the match is as heinous as it gets.  

Just now, Frank Dacey said:

Not TV for me but radio; the theme from Pick of the Pops as the show played out was the sign that the weekend was over.

Not arf 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 07/09/2021 at 11:27, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The mere mentioning of The South Bank show makes me cringe, couldn't even tell you what it was about. This is as good a juncture as any to reaffirm that school is in fact absolute shite, and not the best days of your life. Everything I've done since school has been better than school, always hated it, always will.

You just never got to watch Paul Walker in Highway to Heaven. That's why you hated school so much. He would have guided you through those troublesome years.

• Upvote 1

On 07/09/2021 at 18:04, Bobby Hundreds said:

The clothes show, I hated that shite.

What a great shout-, your right, I had entirely forgotten that show-every Sunday night  

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

You just never got to watch Paul Walker in Highway to Heaven. That's why you hated school so much. He would have guided you through those troublesome years.

Guaranteed nonce. 

Not sure these were all on Granda one after the other on a Sunday night in the early \ later 60s. I remember my ma watching 77 Sunset Strip and the original Hawaii 50 with Jack Lord.

That had the impending doom and gloom of bedtime soon and school seemingly not that much later.

16 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Not arf 

The Top 20 rundown with Tom Browne on Radio 1 was what I remember, it would end with the No1 about 6 o clock, and you would think "is that still No1"? I remember it early 70s definitely

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Bullseye was so bad it was good.

I'm sure my Grandad went in Bullseye and never told us. He mysteriously got a coffee maker, TV, hi fi a washing machine and a couple of glass decanters one week despite being one of the biggest mingebags ever to walk the face of the earth. 

He would have been rumbled though having a speedboat in his drive on some estate in Croxteth though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1