You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homeland

Gym Beglin

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Thought it was interesting that Brody hasn't mentioned that whole thing right at the start of the season where he stole the list of targets out of that safe in the CIA office. They asked him many times if there was any more stuff he hadn't told them like the bomb maker, he doesn't bring it up. Writer oversight or is Brody a triple (quadruple?) agent after all?

Watched the series over the past week' date=' and cant disagree with some of the opinions on here.

What a give least of a shit about is the relationship between Carrie and Brody - maybe its because of the way they developed it but I really cant be arsed with that storyline (aside form the sex scenes).

I hope there are some clever twists now the old story line has been killed. I still think it has the potential to be a good, long standing show. I know people are wondering how they can keep it going for much longer but as with every show, i fully expect the introduction of new characters and new storylines.[/quote']

The stuff between Danes and Brody is something I would expect a female agent like her to do actually,as its a common ploy to extract information but the emotional shit is just an unnecessary distraction from the main theme.

I like the unpredictable characters in the series such as Brody and The black fella in charge of operations and even Saul has some mileage in his character too but Danes character is the most predictable of all,maybe because of the writing? and her character is far too easy to read for somebody who is supposed to be the most unpredictable of all.

An excellent episode except for her as usual. That final scene was pathetic.

Nobody who cries like that would last a day in the CIA.She let down an otherwise brilliant episode.

She really is nothing more than a costume drama actress.

You do know that her character is bi-polar, was on meds for most of her career and then came off them coinciding with her more emotional behaviour, don't you? It's entirely in keeping with the storyline. She kept her illness from the CIA and was kicked out when they discovered it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What I want to know is how Hank can speak so definitively about the secret services. Is he 006.5?

Dun.

Dun.

Dun.

Dun.

Duh-nah nah-nah.

Bergh.

In response to above, just added some NSFW tags, just incase.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I don't think it's her disobeying the orders which is shite, it's the bloke who's prepared to stab a man through the hand to get some information suddenly turning all soft and demanding she not follow them.

Having said that, I like the programme. The daughter, however, with her wobbly, emotional face and overactive eyebrows, needs to not appear so much from now on, please. She's been taking expression lessons from Carrie (who I also like, but she does love hamming up those facial paralinguistics).

Edited by Jorge Borge
Added nsfw tags for spoilers

You do know that her character is bi-polar, was on meds for most of her career and then came off them coinciding with her more emotional behaviour, don't you? It's entirely in keeping with the storyline. She kept her illness from the CIA and was kicked out when they discovered it.

Yes mate and allowed back in and has made more cock ups than George Bush Jr.

Im afraid a 'mad stare' all the time doesnt constitute a bi-polar condition to me. She simply wouldnt be given a second or third or fourth or fifth chance like here.She's never obeyed an order yet.

Artistic license aside,I just think that she is a typical girly actress in a role that requires the odd bucket of tears on occasion rather than every episode.

I'm not reading this thread since I've not caught up on season 2 yet, however I just have 2 points.

1/ Brodys wife is my new number one babe. Full stop. She is absolutely amazing, gorgeous, my perfect girl, short brunette hair, doe eyes, Latino skin and lovely perky tits. Awesome.

2/ I have a man crush on Damian Lewis, just seen him on Jonathan Ross and I realised that I've never heard him talk in his "normal" accent before having only seen him in this and Band of Brothers (the greatest tv series ever). Makes you realise how good of an actor he is as he talks in a slightly posh London accent with a glint in his eye.

Watched last nights there:

Very dramatic but very predictable at the same time. As if it was going to be Nasir in the car.

Although I didnt see your man Quinn being someone else and the attemped hit on Brody coming either.

I think it's enjoyable enough and Damien Lewis and Mandy Patinkin always give excellent performances. But I can never shake the feeling that it's just a slightly swearier, toned down 24.

This is where I'm at with it right now. The final three of this season are potentially massive for the overall direction of the series.

It's at that point now where it's too silly to even bother critiquing.

Having the most wanted terrorist in the world strolling about Washington and kidnapping CIA agents in broad daylight was beyond even the Simpsons ability to parody.

It's at that point now where it's too silly to even bother critiquing.

Having the most wanted terrorist in the world strolling about Washington and kidnapping CIA agents in broad daylight was beyond even the Simpsons ability to parody.

I realise thats far fetched but I enjoyed the end of the episode and Damien Lewis was brilliant.

They are moving too fast at the moment. I can't imagine they are using the same writers for these last episodes.

Still glad he killed that cunt of a VP, though, he deserved it for being such a cunt.

They are moving too fast at the moment. I can't imagine they are using the same writers for these last episodes.

Still glad he killed that cunt of a VP, though, he deserved it for being such a cunt.

Like I've said previously,I reckon this should have been a one series show as I think two or more is overdoing it.

I realise thats far fetched but I enjoyed the end of the episode and Damien Lewis was brilliant.

Far fetched is exceedingly kind, Vlad. I'm at the point where I either have to accept what it is and stop moaning - similar to Dexter or The Walking Dead - or stop watching it; there's still a lot to like, so I'm going with the former.

Far fetched is exceedingly kind, Vlad. I'm at the point where I either have to accept what it is and stop moaning - similar to Dexter or The Walking Dead - or stop watching it; there's still a lot to like, so I'm going with the former.

I particularly like the final scene when she sneeks back into the old factory seeking revenge , with her high heels clicking like fuck all over the place.

Beyond stupid