You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homeland

Gym Beglin

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Whilst I get that dealing, across the board, with the fall out of what Brody has 'done' and the life he 'chose' to lead, I simply couldn't care less about the arc that Dana is currently on. I don't she's acting it badly or anything but it takes up a ridiculous amount of screen time.

The rest of the last episode was pretty boss. Some very powerful scenes lead through complete manipulation of people and misinterpitation of what is going on around them.

After the brilliance of season one and the mostly let down nature of season two, this season is a big one for the series. I'm not sure I fully trust the writers to grasp and attack that, though.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Whilst I get that dealing, across the board, with the fall out of what Brody has 'done' and the life he 'chose' to lead, I simply couldn't care less about the arc that Dana is currently on. I don't she's acting it badly or anything but it takes up a ridiculous amount of screen time.

The rest of the last episode was pretty boss. Some very powerful scenes lead through complete manipulation of people and misinterpitation of what is going on around them.

After the brilliance of season one and the mostly let down nature of season two, this season is a big one for the series. I'm not sure I fully trust the writers to grasp and attack that, though.

Don't know how to do spoiler tags, so don't read on if you're not up to date.

Personally I think a lot is down the the story. It was a brilliant idea that really would have been suited to a film. The writers somehow crafted 12 tv shows out of it brilliantly. And then the need to carry on and keep the key characters in place led to season 2 being far fetched and contrived - by the end of season one they'd essentially made 6 films, with a story which on the face if it isn't much beyond a who done it.

I think what can help this season is some characters are dead and all of the leading ones are effectively new people with back stories we know - Saul is now the boss, Brodie on the run (he is supposedly back in the next episode) and Carrie could essentially be on the run. The Dana story is doing my head in, but maybe that is the story that somehow brings Brodie back? They need to liven it up anyway.

Don't know how to do spoiler tags, so don't read on if you're not up to date.

Personally I think a lot is down the the story. It was a brilliant idea that really would have been suited to a film. The writers somehow crafted 12 tv shows out of it brilliantly. And then the need to carry on and keep the key characters in place led to season 2 being far fetched and contrived - by the end of season one they'd essentially made 6 films, with a story which on the face if it isn't much beyond a who done it.

I think what can help this season is some characters are dead and all of the leading ones are effectively new people with back stories we know - Saul is now the boss, Brodie on the run (he is supposedly back in the next episode) and Carrie could essentially be on the run. The Dana story is doing my head in, but maybe that is the story that somehow brings Brodie back? They need to liven it up anyway.

Kinda agree, although I think the pacing off the whole thing is far too quick. The midseason first season twist of that lad being alive could've easily been the end of the first season. The vest bomb the end of two. I don't think the writing is strong enough, or the writers good enough to do that, however.

Whilst I agree on the storyline of Dana being used to bring back Brody, in some way, I feel it is still getting far too much air time. Especially given I don't see this new fella being someone who stays round in the series. I could be wrong but we'll see.

Kinda agree, although I think the pacing off the whole thing is far too quick. The midseason first season twist of that lad being alive could've easily been the end of the first season. The vest bomb the end of two. I don't think the writing is strong enough, or the writers good enough to do that, however.

Whilst I agree on the storyline of Dana being used to bring back Brody, in some way, I feel it is still getting far too much air time. Especially given I don't see this new fella being someone who stays round in the series. I could be wrong but we'll see.

Who is that new fella, I recognise him off something. Is he the lad dexter was mentoring in the final season?

Finding the Dana storyline ok, probably because it's reasonably fresh but bored senseless with Carrie, her mental issues and complete inability to do anything that might help her case. Also really irritated by her hair and her constantly brushing her hand through it.

I'm liking the development of Saul's character though and the ruthlessness he's starting to show - hope they don't ruin it with constant hand-wringing afterwards.

So far this season is suffering from a lack of bad guys who tend to be the interesting ones anyway, hopefully they will emerge soon

weird episode this week and the reintroduction of Brodie. I can't really work out where the season is going and can't quite make up my mind if I am enjoying it or not!

Boss episode this one.

But yeah, it has left it in a situation where both Brody and Carrie are in both physical and mental confinement. Whilst I see whomever visited Carrie being an easy enough out for her character, I struggle to see anyway in which Brody can be massively brought back into the show. They've pretty much made him an elite, world known terror suspect with how they've done his story. There simply can't be a way back from that unless the storyline takes an fantasy style turn.

Don't get me wrong, I still see it being a case of Saul an' co going after Brody for at least this season but I can't see him winning out in the long haul.

I'm interested in who is trying to free Carrie though. As of right now, that storyline could go in so many directions depending on that identity.

Boss episode this one.

But yeah, it has left it in a situation where both Brody and Carrie are in both physical and mental confinement. Whilst I see whomever visited Carrie being an easy enough out for her character, I struggle to see anyway in which Brody can be massively brought back into the show. They've pretty much made him an elite, world known terror suspect with how they've done his story. There simply can't be a way back from that unless the storyline takes an fantasy style turn.

Don't get me wrong, I still see it being a case of Saul an' co going after Brody for at least this season but I can't see him winning out in the long haul.

I'm interested in who is trying to free Carrie though. As of right now, that storyline could go in so many directions depending on that identity.

Spoiler

My assumption is Carrie will somehow clear his name and that is the season arc. But what part Brodie can play across the season if that is the case is a but unclear - unless due to his terrorist connections he somehow helps her get answers.

• 3 weeks later...

It may be because I have started fast-forwarding Dana's scenes - with the occasional stop to take a look at Baccarin - but I think it's managed to put it back together. I'm not really sure where it goes from here, with that last episode, but if the show just becomes about a covert off-books unit consisting of Carrie, Saul, Quinn and that other bearded guy, then it's going to, at least, be fun.

So the deputy iranian intelligence chief has been turned or has he?

Have i missed something, if all it took was for Carrie to go on about how he embezzled money from his own country to try and turn him, why did they need the elaborate plan.

So the deputy iranian intelligence chief has been turned or has he?

Have i missed something, if all it took was for Carrie to go on about how he embezzled money from his own country to try and turn him, why did they need the elaborate plan.

I think the point was they needed to get him to America to turn him (not sure why, surely there's people in Iran could get to him) and Carrie as a potential double agent was worth the trip.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, it definitely has. I actually started to enjoy it again, rather than endure it thinking 'why am I watching this'. It's good that Brody hasn't been in it much. Makes me want to see his story line again. And that fit, fit, fit Latina.

• 1 month later...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/page-out-of-24-book-homelands-morgan-saylor-morena-baccarin-no-longer-regulars/#more-652466

A decade ago, Fox’s 24 had a Kim Bauer problem. Jack Bauer’s daughter was a high school girl who couldn’t keep herself out of trouble, with her predicaments sometimes bordering on ridiculous. Fans started a petition to ship her off to college and away from the show. And after three seasons, the producers did, with the actress who played her, Elisha Cuthbert, leaving as a regular (but coming back for occasional guest appearances). For the past couple of years,Showtime‘s Homeland, the new series from 24 executive producer Howard Gordon, has had the same problem with Dana Brody, the high school daughter of its male protagonist, and her penchant for drama and getting herself in trouble, mocked memorably by Saturday Night Live.

Related: Globes TV Noms Remarkably Snub-Free — Sorry, ‘Homeland’

baccarin__131214065833-150x150.png

Fans of the show too had rallied to get her off. And after three seasons, the exact point Kim Bauer left 24,  Dana Brody too has been phased out. Like Cuthbert, Morgan Saylor too will no longer be a regular on the show but likely making guest appearances. Also stepping down as a regular is Morena Baccarin, who played Nicholas Brody’s wife and Dana’s mother Jessica.

Speculation that the two would not stay on the show full time was swirling last winter after Brody went on the run following the Season 2 finale bombing, severing ties with his family. The two stayed on, though Jessica has barely been seen this season and Dana too has not been heard of recently. That was unfortunate for Baccarin after a career high in Season 2, which earned the actress her first major awards recognition, an Emmy nomination. The news of Saylor and Baccarin’s change of status was first reported by TV Line.