You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pidge

they were gash in all fairness. i don't give a shit about individual performances as they'll all have good and bad days but the overall approach was pitiful i thought. no enjoyment in their, no youthful exuberance. it was a bit sad to watch really. especially the central midfield play as it was non-existent, no creativity or imagination.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they were gash in all fairness. i don't give a shit about individual performances as they'll all have good and bad days but the overall approach was pitiful i thought. no enjoyment in their, no youthful exuberance. it was a bit sad to watch really. especially the central midfield play as it was non-existent, no creativity or imagination.

It was a big disappointment but they are young lads. have to say this though, they did battle on to the very end so while the goal was a little fortunate, they got it through perseverance.

I might not be right in this, but to me it looks like we're struggling a bit with the size of the pitch at Anfield. The players always seem to be too far apart and we lack the ability to zip it around as a result. Obviously it will help them in the long term to play there, but I wonder if the pitches at the Academy (and Molde) aren't a bit smaller. They certainly seem to be.

The academy pitch is exactly the same dimensions as Anfield. Or at least it used to be, and I don't think they've changed anything.

The crowd's at Anfield have been shite too, so it's not that.

Fair enough. I think it's right that the pitch at the Academy is the same size, but it often seems that we're not as compact as we could be.

For me, Adorjan should start ahead of Suso and Morgan should start ahead of Ngoo. It'd be interesting to see two strikers play just occasionally as well. Apart from that it's hard to put your finger on why we've looked so listless at home.

Fair enough. I think it's right that the pitch at the Academy is the same size, but it often seems that we're not as compact as we could be.

For me, Adorjan should start ahead of Suso and Morgan should start ahead of Ngoo. It'd be interesting to see two strikers play just occasionally as well. Apart from that it's hard to put your finger on why we've looked so listless at home.

I think Sporting were just better than us and surprised us. We went to Molde determined to put that right and battered them. Knowing Molde beat Wolfsburg a few of the lads might have got a bit complacement about Wolfsburg, thinking it'd be easy like the Molde game - but they're a good, well-organised German side.

We need to go over there and produce a top performance.

I think Sporting were just better than us and surprised us. We went to Molde determined to put that right and battered them. Knowing Molde beat Wolfsburg a few of the lads might have got a bit complacement about Wolfsburg, thinking it'd be easy like the Molde game - but they're a good, well-organised German side.

We need to go over there and produce a top performance.

I think we were much better than Sporting in the second half, so to say that they were "better than us" is a bit of a stretch. They certainly started the game better than us, but then we were pretty lacklustre and sluggish. Once we stepped it up a bit we dominated and should probably have gotten a draw out of the game.

I think we were much better than Sporting in the second half, so to say that they were "better than us" is a bit of a stretch. They certainly started the game better than us, but then we were pretty lacklustre and sluggish. Once we stepped it up a bit we dominated and should probably have gotten a draw out of the game.

I don't mean better individually but they had a better gameplan and shape to them and were all on the same wavelength. So were Wolfsburg.

We went to Molde and our tactics and formation worked a treat in that game, with our quality shining through, but it didn't work at all in the two home games until we brought the subs on. And particualrly Adorjan.

The two first halfs at home, the shape of the team was a mess.

fuck's sake. 2-2 last kick of the game. Moli is going to feel shit after that.

Should never have come away with anything less than three points after this. Got to feel that having a midfielder at right back has led to another back post goal as well.

fuck's sake. 2-2 last kick of the game. Moli is going to feel shit after that.

Should never have come away with anything less than three points after this. Got to feel that having a midfielder at right back has led to another back post goal as well.

Still too much of a mismash this team. Moli is badly out of place on the right wing - he's a centre forward for fuck's sake, but we won't change the formation.

No natural right back either. Looking forward to seeing Dunn and Peterson get a run, but he could be out for a while now Peterson.

I didn't go today as the weather was shite and the game was on lfctv. I turn it on at 12 o'clock as advertised, as there's half an hour gone. Fucking joke that.

Game was shite, didn't play well and they probably deserved a point. Moli not squaring that ball was scandalous though, absolutely awful play that and we paid the price for it.