You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcast Feedback Thread

dave u

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't sound like a professional presenter to me, but what do I know, I've only got a degree in broadcasting.

Podcast recording equipment. You mean a microphone?

Jamming two phone lines into a real-time interview is a bit more difficult, granted, but I really don't see why Usher and Alan aren't sat in the corner of an alehouse with a microphone chatting shit, and inviting a couple of people over to join in.

No need to be 'live' to Neil Mellor, or 'live' to Alan and Dave, or make it sound like you're going 'live' at all.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but if you want some feedback then I'll give you my honest opinion of what I like about Podcasts, especially footy-related ones.

James Richardson's podcast is gold. Nothing live about it, what's the point in making it sound like 606? If I want phone-ins and opinion then I'll likely download the 606 podcast.

That's the whole point of Podcast's, they shouldn't feel 'live', they're not designed to be listened to like radio, though 606 is different, I can't really think of any other podcast that gets away with it.

Podcasts are an audio document, not a broadcast, so take your time and make it a nice product, don't go rushing it with crackly phone lines and low production values.

The overriding factor will be the listener's perception, and if you make the podcast sound gimmicky then that will be the thing that sticks in people's minds. The whole point of TLW is that we love it being free of gimmicks and modern shite, where possible. Having a DJ front the podcast, and for that DJ to proclaim himself as 'Numbers', is touching upon 'rolling eyes' territory.

If I get banned for this, I'll be mortified.

But I suppose it'll set the standard by which 'feedback' is asked for next time...

:whistle:

Keep plugging away though, and I mean that, I do appreciate having an LFC podcast made by genuine people.

u need to calm down, or go out once in a while.

I've been listening the podcasts and I think its pretty well done, but the issue I have with it is that I've really downloaded it because I want to listen to Dave's opinion and dare I say it "insider" information - Dave is only really on it for a short time - I was originally imagining that Dave would be running it, with him being the "star" of TLW if you will.

More Dave please!

I like Numbers. He seems quite knowledgeable and has a good rapport with Dave and Al.

Exactly, I think we bounce off him well.

He's good at what he does, and I'm grateful to him for the work he puts in. Without him there wouldn't be a podcast, he's the one who puts it all together, records it, edits it etc

All I do is get the guests sorted, answer some questions and then upload the finished product when he sends it to me.

In short, Numbers is ace.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like the podcast, I even like the numerical mother fucker who presents it. I'm also a little uncomfortable with the 'numbers' thing. It's just a bit weird hearing Carra saying 'all right, Numbers'.

Then again, if it's good enough for 'spoony', then I guess it's good enough for Numbers.

I like the podcast, I even like the numerical mother fucker who presents it. I'm also a little uncomfortable with the 'numbers' thing. It's just a bit weird hearing Carra saying 'all right, Numbers'.

Then again, if it's good enough for 'spoony', then I guess it's good enough for Numbers.

Spoony massaged my shoulders at the Stoke game. He was sat behind me and did it to calm me down after I went nuts at Upson feigning injury to stop our momentum.

True story.

I'd like to hear more people on the show, maybe get a guest to be on the same time as you and atk? would rather hear a different opinion then the usual arguments.

Not having a go but since the pod started every discussion has come back to Aquilani/Cole/Lucas talk and the wages they are/were on, or their (lack) of ability. It comes up too much imo, it gets a bit De ja Vu when I listen to it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Spoony massaged my shoulders at the Stoke game. He was sat behind me and did it to calm me down after I went nuts at Upson feigning injury to stop our momentum.

True story.

There's a sexual harassment care written all over that.

I like numbers on these shows,he moves from subject to subject quite well ,has a good rapport with the 2 lads and has a idea of what hes talking aboot.

As for future shows,another guest would be good to break up the Dave /ATK love fest ,someone from the forum would be good ..coud have weekly votes to see who gets the job ..could also look at incorporating some of the weekly round-up funniest bits at the end of the show

I'd like to hear more people on the show, maybe get a guest to be on the same time as you and atk? would rather hear a different opinion then the usual arguments.

Not having a go but since the pod started every discussion has come back to Aquilani/Cole/Lucas talk and the wages they are/were on, or their (lack) of ability. It comes up too much imo, it gets a bit De ja Vu when I listen to it.

Just recorded one there just now. Aquilani and Cole didn't get mentioned once, nor did wages. It came up on the previous ones because we were talking about the transfer window. The window is shut now.

I don't think Lucas gets mentioned much, Al said in one of them he didn't think he was good enough, and then he praised his performances in the one after that. He wasn't mentioned in this one either.

As for having the guest on with me and Al, that isn't easy as if you have too many people on at once it can get cluttered and you can have one person talking loads and another hardly getting a word in, or you can have people talking at the same time which makes it difficult for Numbers when it comes to editing it.

On a more serious note, I think good variation in guests is key, in the last four we've had an emerging squad player (Jay), the vice-captain, a youth player (Petersson) and an ex-player (Mellor). These with the odd legend and maybe even coach/scout input if that could be arranged.

There are so many stories and Numbers is an amiable character who seems able to let the guests put themselves across without pushing too much. I'd like to hear from so many people connected to the club. Aldo would be great, Lee Peltier who is working his way back up the league system, Bradley Orr I believe is a massive red who's never played for the club, Stevie Irwin would obviously be interesting sooner or later, someone like Steve Hitchen or Darren Burgess would be interesting, keeping the diversity of angles would be great, but I imagine hard work.

The general chat is good, was the Molde game missed out because there was more to chat about or because of the recording time. I've had it downloaded for a while before listening so am not sure off the top of my head.

and if you can get Brendan on the phone to randomly swear at you while your trying to make a point, that'd be cool too.