You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Walking Dead Thread (spoilers and zombies inside)

William_Ulsterman

1 hour ago, aws said:

Not been the same since Rick left. Daryl is the only interesting character left. And Negan maybe. 

I think Gabriel has some legs in his character but he's been sidelined a lot to a minor role as has Eugene. They should have killed off Carol as her character has just gone completely off the rails.

To me, Negan's change of characterisation just doesnt sit right now. Someone who goes around bashing people's head in for fun doesnt suddenly 'see the light' and become a good guy in my humble opinion.

4 hours ago, redheart said:

The show producers intended another decade of the show, they did not want to finish and were only told at the last minute.

So it was cancelled ie ended against the wishes of those making the show

OK, but that was always a tad ambitious, considering the practicalities, viewers, writers and actors fatigue etc.I remember reading they said they have enough storylines from comics for the show to go on for ten more years. I don't know what producers from the S1 are still involved and how deeply.

There is a prequel spin-off, there will be another spin-off from the main storyline and they may end it so it can be revived. Overall, it really had a very long run for a high profile drama.

Yes and they wanted to continue and were told now. Hence cancelled rather than ended naturally.

I suspect most of the future spin offs wont happen.

The Carol and Daryll spin will get shelved as will the Andrew Lincoln/Rick Grimes Films.

Fear the Walking Dead is shit and Walking Dead World Beyond is limited to two series (also shit).

Its done. Its long past time to shoot it in the head

1 hour ago, redheart said:

Yes and they wanted to continue and were told now. Hence cancelled rather than ended naturally.

I suspect most of the future spin offs wont happen.

The Carol and Daryll spin will get shelved as will the Andrew Lincoln/Rick Grimes Films.

Fear the Walking Dead is shit and Walking Dead World Beyond is limited to two series (also shit).

Its done. Its long past time to shoot it in the head

I don't disagree, last couple of seasons have been truly zombie-like, it should have ended some time around Negan's defeat. There is a bigger time gap after that in the storyline if I remember correctly and everything since feels like a reheated meal. Before that it always had some natural progression, ever bigger new groups and their clashes and the dawn of the new civilization.  

But it was a decent watch for an incredibly long time, a good 100 or so episodes. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...