You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

silverlining

I fucking hate tapas.

I keep getting dragged to them by people trying to convince how ace they are, but they're just not. Little greasy bowls of shit that I'd never order as a main meal, and just because it's a smaller portion doesn't somehow mean it tastes better.

I went to one yesterday (Fino in that London) and it was £150 for three people. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID. For several bowls of squid and patatas bravas.

And I hate people who like tapas, too.

Fuck off

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking hate tapas.

I keep getting dragged to them by people trying to convince how ace they are, but they're just not. Little greasy bowls of shit that I'd never order as a main meal, and just because it's a smaller portion doesn't somehow mean it tastes better.

I went to one yesterday (Fino in that London) and it was £150 for three people. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID. For several bowls of squid and patatas bravas.

Fuck off

I agree tapas is overrated, little dishes of hastily cooked meat swimming in oil.

I fucking love sushi but my family don't like it. The only food I enjoy that they like is South Indian (Maharaja on London Road) or Greek. So I only really get to have sushi with the fella i'm sorta seeing.

The worst ones for me though is Italian restaurants. I can cook a mean pasta and being charged £15 or whatever for fucking pasta, tomato sauce, garlic and some meat pisses me off.

I'm a pain in the arse anyway because I don't see dining out as an 'experience'.

Basically, I want to order, eat, pay and leave, rather than sit around enjoying the ambience. Women tend to say stuff like 'ooh isn't the decor nice? They've really done a good job.... It's the little touches that make it what it is... Oh its so clean and bright... '.

I agree tapas is overrated, little dishes of hastily cooked meat swimming in oil.

I fucking love sushi but my family don't like it. The only food I enjoy that they like is South Indian (Maharaja on London Road) or Greek.

The worst ones for me though is Italian restaurants. I can cook a mean pasta and being charged £15 or whatever for fucking pasta, tomato sauce, garlic and some meat pisses me off.

I'm a pain in the arse anyway because I don't see dining out as an 'experience'.

Basically, I want to order, eat, pay and leave, rather than sit around enjoying the ambience. Women tend to say stuff like 'ooh isn't the decor nice? They've really done a good job.... It's the little touches that make it what it is... Oh its so clean and bright... '.

I quite like a good Italian, but I think with lots of restaurants you do think "fucking hell, this is a RIP-OFF".

I fucking hate tapas.

Fuck off

There's no shame in being a person with limited scope, mass-market tastes and average intellect.

Tapas in Spain ar excellent - fresh prawns, cooked quickly, mussels etc if by the coast, or jsut an unpretentious bit of ham or cheese with a cold beer or glass of red wine in an ordinary Madrid bar, but as a main meal in this country they are to be avoided unless you're into paying over the odds for frozen squid rings, third rate serrano and over spiced chorizo.

Tapas is like when you wake up hungry in the middle of the night after having had a few bevvies. You go to the fridge, can't really be arsed to decide what you want & just take one bite out of everything. It does the job but it's just refueling, not a meal.

A restaurant meal should involve a qualified chef putting together ingredients that compliment each other, especially if it's costing you £150.

Tapas is preventing Simon from getting a job and for that reason, I'm out

I love Tapas but have only ever been to La Tasca as its next to the cinema where we live. Love the meat dishes and the sauces that come with them, plus the Spanish omelette....phhrrooar.

Their menu's never an expensive meal. Works out around £12 a head and we always leave there ready to burst due to the generous portions.

Might even go there this weekend now. Cheers Brendan.