You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The greatest album ever made is The Stone Roses. The second greatest album is Back in Black by AC/DC- the last of Scott's lyrics delivered by a voice with the power and ferocity to match the rest of the band. In third place is Definately Maybe- an incredible first effort that was never equalled by anything that followed. Honourable mention goes to Levelling the Land- because I fucking like it.

Yes, yes and fucking yes!!!

Apart from Oasis you got a full house this end.

Metallica or Jigga Man?

Pick wisely and you might get some repage.

Pick unwisely combined with your Bumford and Sons call and you are heading for some serious negage.

I like both but was talking about Metalica no rap albums are worthy sadly.

I like both but was talking about Metalica no rap albums are worthy sadly.

Seriously?

Welcome to Endtroducing........

[YOUTUBE]32X-ieCav-M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]U4E60Ffa9yQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nmzHRGoKca0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lG8zTww6h4U&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]I6s5xhcBiDw[/YOUTUBE]

I can't post links on my phone but

BB King- live at the Regal

Johnny Cash- Folsom Prison

Duane Allman - Anthology

Jimi Hendrix- Are You Experienced

Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon

Should not be missed of ant list.

You'll love, Still got the blues Gary Moore its ace 2 Cd aswell.

Marshall Mathers LP, on the subject of hip hop.

Doctors Advocate by The Game is up there as well.

Only one choice for me though, Big Willie Style by the mighty Will Smith.

Best rap album was Dre 2001.

Got it,and Blues for Greeny.

Cracking album, mine got broke in the van when I worked for the Gypos it was Signed aswell, I cried. He is was Musician I always wanted to see but I thought I had plenty of time. I was truly gutted when I found out he died. Was a horrible day in my life.

Marshall Mathers LP, on the subject of hip hop.

Doctors Advocate by The Game is up there as well.

Only one choice for me though, Big Willie Style by the mighty Will Smith.

The Eminem Show.

But best ever, ever, ever, toss up between Back in Black, The Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Led Zeppelin IV.

Impossible question, surely it changes depending on weather, mood, pissed stoned sober or fried, some damn good mentions so far:

Screamadelica, The Stone Roses, Endtroducing, Dark Side..., ... Experienced,

Conditions by Temper Trap is a superb debut album - pretty different for an oz band as well.

Fleetwood Mac died a death after Pete Green left, but greatest hits from 1971 when they were a proper blues band, is truly superb.

Would also have to add Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space, Blue Lines, Exit Planet Dust, Haunted Dancehall, Lennon's Rock 'n' Roll, and must surely be rounded off with Pills, Thrills & Bellyaches. Special mention for the great John Peel 'mix album' FabricLive 07.

If marooned on a desert island with a windup ipod, I reckon those 14 could keep me sane with something for every mood.

I think it's probably Revolver.

Perfect combination of songwriting, experimentation, influence and just timeless genius pop songs.

I am also partial to continually returning to the following:

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

Public Enemy - It takes a nation of millions to hold us back

Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted

Nirvana - In Utero

Pixies - Doolittle

Beck - Odelay

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang (36 Chambers)

Super Furry Animals - Radiator

Happy Mondays - Pills n Thrills and Bellyaches

Not sure I'd claim any of them to be the greatest album ever made though.

Mine's Tom Waits-Small Change.

For me this is an album with the artist at both their peak, and also lowest, which encapsulates the complete vagaries of life, love and all that falls in-between.

He sing's like a broken instrument played to heavenly perfection. The album is filled with life affirming tales of overcoming the blessing, and curse, of love and loss.

I’ve no idea if the album you mention is any good as I’ve not heard a whole lot of Tom Waits, but have enjoyed what I have heard. My brother loves him though. But can I just say that that is a totally wank sentence that just makes no sense in real terms, but is no doubt designed to come across in the same way as those bow-tied fuckwits warbling on about fuck-all on some book/film TV show as the espouse the vagaries of Ken Loach or Andrei fucking Tarkovsky . It is as bad as the “What’s your favourite movie thread” which is always infected by some pillock rabbiting on about some utterly pathetic art-house bullshit which some 1st year art-student twat tells us is great when anyone with an ounce of sense knows it’s complete and utter horseshite and just because it’s shot in black and white but the soiled bed sheet is always in colour doesn’t make it a fucking masterpiece. “The film is great because it is so complex, yet so simple” - Fuck off. Put on Conair and stop fucking bothering me.

Oh, and best album is all about opinions. If Simon thinks that Mumford and Sons (an album I also think is very good) is the best album ever, then it is. Because it is to him.

My favourite album ever is Appetite for Destruction. An album that was a massive commercial success so the arty-farty fuckwits will no doubt hate it. But I think it’s fucking outstanding, so therefore it is, because that’s my opinion.

Already mentioned, but Stone Roses, Zep IV, OK Computer and Abbey Road are all up there, and Endtroducing is a hell of a call (not sure I'd call it 'rap' though). I can listen to the second side of Abbey Road time and time again and still get blown away. Maybe not in the 'all time' catagory but 'Is This It?' by the Strokes is holding up well after 10 years - their Reading set was the only bit of festival music that really blew me away this year (watched from the comfort of my own home).