You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When Fernando Torres wasn't shit

Antynwa

Worst fucking thread on here in a long time,that treacherous cunt does not deserve a single word of praise from any self respecting liverpool supporter. I know it's easy to 'rise above' but seriously he's a fucking cunt, I hope he never scores again, ladyboy twat. To label Chelsea as 'moving to a big club' is just as despicable as it gets, he's dead to me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's finished.

I don't think he is, but there is something drastically wrong with his game. He's always performed best when the attack is built around him, rather than him being part of the overall attack. It explains partly why he so often looks anonymous for Spain, and why David Villa always looks the bigger goal threat. Chelsea haven't built their attack around him because to do so would compromise the effectiveness of the rest of their attack, as Drogba no doubt knows.

Then again, he is the second vanity striker purchase sanctioned by Abramovich, whose form has nosedived completely upon joining Chelsea. Shevchenko cost them £30m and looked a shadow of the player that was so dangerous in the Milan attack. He had also been courted by Abramovich for a few years before he actually joined, just like Torres.

Moral of the story? If Abramovich chooses the players, Chelsea struggle to accommodate them in the team, and the coach gets sacked. If the coach gets to choose which players to sign, a good coach will always choose a younger, hungrier player with a point to prove, and the team will benefit as a result.

Not even close.

Time will tell. I remember plenty on here saying 'just play Ngog instead, at least he'll try' over his last couple of months with us. His attitude really was that wretched, and his body language hasn't changed with a new club.

Sure, we can all make a case for Dalglish, Barnes or Hyppia being our best buy. There's quite a list there. Can't think of a better sale than this fraud though, all considered.

I'd say Owen's comments after joining the mancs were much worse. And that's not even considering he joined the fucking mancs.

At least Torres got to play CL football last season. And he will again this season. I can understand a player moving clubs to achieve that.

His clear lack of effort in his last twelve months with us was an absolute disgrace, though.

He can't play with a strike partner. He needs to be the focal point of his teams attack, he cant foil or create space for others. In that way he was made for us during the period he played, similarly he was a perfect fit for Atletico.

As for Chelsea, unless they play him up top alone he will continue to do a damn good job of blunting their attack.

I'll judge him just as much on his goals. The whole club was fucked during his last year here, not just him. Heck, we were even fucked at the start of the 2009/10 season.

I don't blame him for losing his way. Just like I don't blame others leaving. I blame G&H for bringing the whole club to its knees.

Anyway, Fernando Torres is water under the bridge (no pun intended). Fingers crossed we'll be back in next season's CL and can build from there.

Sooner or later he's going to realise he made a mistake, if he hasn't already. And when that happens, would you take him back?

The good, pacy free scoring blonde Torres, in a heartbeat.

Slow ponderous, Brown haired Torres, no.

Still think he's a proper wrong cunt though.

Take the edge off? The selling price of Torres and buying price of Carroll are very much linked.

Suarez doesn't come into it.

Of course he comes into it. You can't isolate Carroll as being overpriced (which he was, but fuck it, it's not my money) and not highlight how little we stole Suarez for. We replaced a player who couldn't be bothered trying for us and Ryan Babel (remember him?) with Carroll and Suarez over the course of a few weeks at little or no net cost.

And Torres didn't 'lose his way'. He just stopped making any effort for the team.

Of course he comes into it. You can't isolate Carroll as being overpriced (which he was, but fuck it, it's not my money) and not highlight how little we stole Suarez for. We replaced a player who couldn't be bothered trying for us and Ryan Babel (remember him?) with Carroll and Suarez over the course of a few weeks at little or no net cost.

And Torres didn't 'lose his way'. He just stopped making any effort for the team.

Suarez was coming regardless, we got Carrol and 15 million for Torres, if anyone 'won' (so far) I'd say it's Mike Ashley

At his best, he is the best striker in the world.

Not for me personally. I think Villa, Eto'o and Drogba were all better than him even when he was at his peak. They could all do the magic stuff, but they were/are far better team players, they could link the play and bring other into the game whereas Torres really couldn't. You only have to look at him for Spain and you see how out of place he is in that setup.

Didn't think I'd be saying this so soon, and i could have said it months ago and it would have been just as true...we genuinely have an upgrade on him in Luis Suarez. A distant memory already.

I don't think he is, but there is something drastically wrong with his game. He's always performed best when the attack is built around him, rather than him being part of the overall attack. It explains partly why he so often looks anonymous for Spain, and why David Villa always looks the bigger goal threat. Chelsea haven't built their attack around him because to do so would compromise the effectiveness of the rest of their attack, as Drogba no doubt knows.

Then again, he is the second vanity striker purchase sanctioned by Abramovich, whose form has nosedived completely upon joining Chelsea. Shevchenko cost them £30m and looked a shadow of the player that was so dangerous in the Milan attack. He had also been courted by Abramovich for a few years before he actually joined, just like Torres.

Moral of the story? If Abramovich chooses the players, Chelsea struggle to accommodate them in the team, and the coach gets sacked. If the coach gets to choose which players to sign, a good coach will always choose a younger, hungrier player with a point to prove, and the team will benefit as a result.

Nah, he's finished.

Sooner or later he's going to realise he made a mistake, if he hasn't already. And when that happens, would you take him back?

If Im being honest, Id take him back.

He pissed me off big time after he left and his comments after he fucked off. But the thought of him and Suarez up front makes my mouth water.

Im still going to call him all the cunts under the sun while he's at Chelsea though.

I'm still not buying into this no effort for 18 months myth If I'm honest. He looked fine under Dalglish and Benitez, the only time he struggled and didn't look sharp was under Hodgson.

I think he struggled in Rafa's last season, and he was not alone. The whole team seemed deflated from the start of the season.

Funny on LFC TV, Carragher's top 5 transfers:

1. Hyypiä

2. Gary Mac

3. Fowler back

4. Suarez

5. Torres to Chelsea

I think that speaks volumes about how much of a beaut Torres was by the time he left.

I reckon Malaga or some Russian club will take him off Chelseas hands next Summer, for about £10m.

I just feel sorry for him.

Tell you what though, we have some record in breaking strikers in the last 15 years - Collymore, Fowler, H*skey, Owen and Torres were all amazing at one point or another and ended up broken either mentally or physically after playing for us.