You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

It would not require a change in legislation,just for the licensing authorities to agree the change, and the PL to resolve to agree to it. The PL agrees to anything that is in its members financial interests.

The FSF has quite a useful site in this regard:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Legalities-of-standing.pdf

Link doesn't work for me.

Guest ShoePiss
And if the club is almost bankrupted by the build will you not be bothered then? And what if that lead to there being no game? Would you be bothered then?

Seriously, a 'build it I couldnt give a fuck' is a silly attitude.

It's because he only ever thinks of himself and what is best for him.

And if the club is almost bankrupted by the build will you (Code 72) not be bothered then?

I agree San Don.

What irritates me is that the Club has never had an honest and open debate about the stadium with the fans.

In the 90’s, others acted while we snoozed.

As the millennium turned Morgan’s practical know how was lost in the personal feud with Moores. Parry and G&H’s plans were vanity projects which were never inclusive, and never seriously considered redevelopment.

There is another thread which considers the “harsh facts”. The harsh facts are that without regular CL football, Anfield, as is, is fine.

Our dilemma is that without a new stadium, or substantially redeveloped ground, we will never return to the Euro top table. Yet the cost of that commitment off the field may undermine our ability to deliver on it.

Maybe the moment has passed?

What interests me is that many are happy to talk about the “dangers” of a new stadium, few see the dangers in a third decade of stadium paralysis.

Can anyone find a thread to bump that had some American stadium that was posted by someone as an example of a new stadium with old-world feel from a a couple of years ago? It was a red brick one that looked like a train station. Really high and steep tiers. I don't know if it was baseball or American football.

Can anyone find a thread to bump that had some American stadium that was posted by someone as an example of a new stadium with old-world feel from a a couple of years ago? It was a red brick one that looked like a train station. Really high and steep tiers. I don't know if it was baseball or American football.

Lucas oil field stadium

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/LucasOil.JPG

Guest ShoePiss

That's where the Super Bowl is next month, it's horrendous looking, looks like factory in Widnes.

LucasOil.JPG

Yet again, the majority of spazzes who post on here are missing the point.

Although it would be preferable for the new ground to look awesome from the outside (eg: Allianz, San Siro or Wembley), it really doesn't matter that much - how inspiring are Anfield, Nou Camp or Bernabau from the outside? Not very.

The main thing is the ground looks awesome on the inside, is built to generate an deafening atmosphere, inspire us and scare the shit out of whoever we are playing.

Using the Lucas Oil Field as an example, yes, the below does look like a factory in Widnes.

LucasOil.JPG

However, looking inside it, nobody could tell me that with a massive single tier behind one of the goals, they wouldn't be happy with this?

lucas-oil-stadium.jpg

From the Manchester based pictures, although admittedly bland on the outside (which can be rectified), they actually look quite impressive on the inside.

Wasn't the first design based on the Millenium Stadium? For anybody who's been to Cardiff to watch us (going by how many no nothing whopper posters are here at the moment, I'm guessing not many), you cannot fail to be impressed by that ground. Although again bland from the outside, once inside, the stands are all on top of each other and it generates a cracking atmosphere. Again, change one of the ends for a huge single tier stand and would anybody be unhappy at a ground like that? Course they wouldn't.

The 2nd design again looks like all the stands are on top of each other and just how impressive does the Kop look? It looks fucking ace.

People seriously need to get a reality check here, have a think about what they are staying and stop spouting utter, utter shite.

Most of you will be watching the games on Sky anyway so coming to Anfield won't concern you anyway.

The pitch would have to be plastic in that US stadium. Or have a sliding roof like the Millenium at mega cost.

Let's wait until we see the tweaked designs. But I do think that this is an area where SOS have a role to play. They should be our official consultees so the club know what our requirements are (eg a single tier Kop is an absolute prerequisite) - after all we are the suckers who will have to pay for it and sit in it.

And if the club is almost bankrupted by the build will you not be bothered then? And what if that lead to there being no game? Would you be bothered then?

Seriously, a 'build it I couldnt give a fuck' is a silly attitude.

I dont really care about how it looks like since I struggle to see how it can be any worse than Anfield.

Show me a football stadium with a 60.000 + capacity built the last 5 years who would not be acceptable.

Although it would be preferable for the new ground to look awesome from the outside (eg: Allianz, San Siro or Wembley), it really doesn't matter that much - how inspiring are Anfield, Nou Camp or Bernabau from the outside? Not very.

The main thing is the ground looks awesome on the inside, is built to generate an deafening atmosphere, inspire us and scare the shit out of whoever we are playing.

Using the Lucas Oil Field as an example, yes, the below does look like a factory in Widnes.

LucasOil.JPG

However, looking inside it, nobody could tell me that with a massive single tier behind one of the goals, they wouldn't be happy with this?

lucas-oil-stadium.jpg

From the Manchester based pictures, although admittedly bland on the outside (which can be rectified), they actually look quite impressive on the inside.

Wasn't the first design based on the Millenium Stadium? For anybody who's been to Cardiff to watch us (going by how many no nothing whopper posters are here at the moment, I'm guessing not many), you cannot fail to be impressed by that ground. Although again bland from the outside, once inside, the stands are all on top of each other and it generates a cracking atmosphere. Again, change one of the ends for a huge single tier stand and would anybody be unhappy at a ground like that? Course they wouldn't.

The 2nd design again looks like all the stands are on top of each other and just how impressive does the Kop look? It looks fucking ace.

People seriously need to get a reality check here, have a think about what they are staying and stop spouting utter, utter shite.

Most of you will be watching the games on Sky anyway so coming to Anfield won't concern you anyway.

Exactly, great post.

Guest Gucci_Ledge

i still think that after they're finished tweaking the 2004 design, it will end up looking more like the 2008 design. not going to get into PP but just from looking at the two aerial shots side by side it's clear that they're exactly the same fucking stadium except with a different roof and £100m more in fancy materials.

even Bascombe has said plenty of scope for changes. be patient and see what they come up with.

I love the Lucas Oil, me. I've only been there once, but having gotten pretty good seats, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The rows of seats on the sidelines are a bit further from the field (atleast seemingly) than at Anfield, but I guess that's the risk with bigger venues anyway. The LO has 63000 capacity for Colts matches, and generally creates great atmosphere, even if the Colts and their fans have had a horrific season, thus (much like the Anfield crowd) not making the noise they should. This link provides a view from every seat (more or less) in the house..

View From Seats - Lucas Oil Stadium

Btw, I actually think it's refreshing not having the same oval stadium front as everyone else, what matters is the inside.

The roof shouldn't be a big issue, it opens and closes in approx 10 minutes, so (barring huge costs by doing so) we should be able to maximise the weather effects. Lucas Oil has artificial turf, true, but that has more to do with it being a multi-purpose stadium than the inability to have/keep grass there imo. The roof opens/closes from the sides.

Edited by lebron

Great post!

It was designed by HKS - Hicks' hired achitects.

When I first saw it, I thought would fit in with the surrounding area better than a more generic modern stadium.

There is a video somewhere of the architects talking to a class about what they were trying to achieve with Stanley Park Stadium, i.e. noise, atmosphere etc.

The interior is by far, more imprtant than exterior.

Guest alantkayll
I agree San Don.

What irritates me is that the Club has never had an honest and open debate about the stadium with the fans.

In the 90’s, others acted while we snoozed.

As the millennium turned Morgan’s practical know how was lost in the personal feud with Moores. Parry and G&H’s plans were vanity projects which were never inclusive, and never seriously considered redevelopment.

There is another thread which considers the “harsh facts”. The harsh facts are that without regular CL football, Anfield, as is, is fine.

Our dilemma is that without a new stadium, or substantially redeveloped ground, we will never return to the Euro top table. Yet the cost of that commitment off the field may undermine our ability to deliver on it.

Maybe the moment has passed?

What interests me is that many are happy to talk about the “dangers” of a new stadium, few see the dangers in a third decade of stadium paralysis.

You talk some shite. Morgan? The club was never honest with the fans under Smith and Robinson but we were successful. Why has it got to be what the fans want?(the majority on the internet don't even go)

Build it, get the extra revenue for the manager to spend and fuck what the likes of you think.