You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

Maybe they'll put the new roof over the old one, then take the old one down. That's what they've done at City. That way they can still use it during the season as they're continuing work.

Obviously, different set of constraints, but just a thought...

That's exactly what they're going to do, I believe.

Read that they've been doing some digging behind the Kemlyn as well

Who knows what for

Found this among a load of old stuff I've got the other day.

Not taken by me, but *cough* Aquired by my Sister who used to work for a Photographers in the city.

How it used to be.....

http://Scan_20150604.jpg

Then and now.

EDIT: Well, as of last month anyway.

From the Echo:

SNmAztl.jpg

• 2 months later...

A model of the Main Stand posted by @SteveHothersall on Twitter. Comparing that to the images of the redevelopment, this model shows the stand up to the halfway line. If it is an accurate depiction of the final outcome, it suggests the player's tunnel will be in the centre rather than a mere enlargement of the existing tunnel. I'm not sure what that front section of the Kop is meant to be - a new raised disabled platform matching the ones in the Main Stand perhaps?

CL0LKoWWEAAnaGf.jpg

Here's a picture of the redeveloped Main Stand as per the published plans. You can see the slight differences in layout if you look closely.

new_main_stand_3128328a.jpg

If you look at the front section of the upper tier in the image below, you can see there are two exits for the TV camera gantry either side of halfway. In the first picture of this post, you can see one of them, which is why I think the model in the first picture shows the stand up to the halfway line.

2P0HphP.jpg

Guest Super Sub

I would have thought they would have left the roof until the end of the season and concentrated on linking the stands and finishing of the work. It will be a lot easier to take the old roof of before putting the new one up and this would surely be best done when there is no football being played.

Is it me being anal or is anyone else concerned, for want of a better word,about the new camera angle. The view from the current angle is the view 99.9% of us fans have of anfield. I hope they'll keep it somewhat similar.

Not you being anal (or not just you). It'll be weird if it's totally different as the view has been the same for 50 odd years.

I wouldn't want a seat at the back of new upper tier. You'll be totally cut off from the rest of the stadium. It's odd enough in the back corner of the centenary stand at the Kop end but this will be even worse.

There's a vid on the offal of how it's all going to happen, under the stadium expansion / milestones pages

Link to vid is http://liverpoolfc.com/stadium/stadium-expansion/milestones

Two things from that video:

1. I have developed an irrational hatred of Mark Benstead;

2. You have Ian Ayre on top of the current main stand structure and you don't take the opportunity to throw him off it. Fail. Complete fail.

Found this among a load of old stuff I've got the other day.

Not taken by me, but *cough* Aquired by my Sister who used to work for a Photographers in the city.

How it used to be.....

Scan_20150604.jpg

Great pic. Used to be available as a poster in the 80's, had it on me wall.

• 4 weeks later...