You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

Currently Everton do huge discounts on tickets fir the smaller games. I saw a ticket stub from their Cardiff match which was £11 for an adult (that's only a quid more than Marine charge) plus businesses in th area offered bulk discount deals.

If they're paying for a stadium presumably these discounts would have to end as they'd need people paying full whack so I'd imagine their attendance would plummet. Or they'd go the other way,discount them all to get 50k bums on seats and hope they buy enough Chang to prevent the council bailing them out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lost amongst the transfer news, Ian Ayre's promotion and the World Cup was this from the official:

Liverpool FC @LFC 9m

#LFC has today submitted its planning application to redevelop Anfield stadium. More details: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/164295-lfc-submit-stadium-planning-application  pic.twitter.com/7w8R7DCoHD

The submission of the application follows a major public consultation in which the overwhelming majority of local residents, businesses and fans backed the proposals.

The document submitted to Liverpool City Council today applies for detailed planning consent to expand the Main Stand and outline consent for the expansion of its Anfield Road stand.

The application is expected to be considered by the city's planning committee later this year.  

If consent is granted, the proposals would see the capacity of a new Main Stand rise by 8,500, taking it to nearly 21,000 and overall Anfield capacity to around 54,000. The outline proposals for the Anfield Road stand provide for an increase in its capacity of around 4,800 seats, taking the total stadium capacity to 58,800....

newmain_zpsb76a8ced.jpg

The Kop is well and truly dwarfed judging by that, more so that was suggested in the renders that were published a couple of months ago. The new away end looks almost exactly like Dortmund's Nordtribune. I'm not sure if that Kop roof is accurate because to my mind, it protrudes further beyond the front row of the stand itself than is shown here. I don't have the schematics so that may well be a trick of the eye.

Executive apartments could be built within Reds' new Anfield stadium

Club seeking permission to incorporate eight exclusive apartments within extended Anfield Road stand

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/executive-apartments-could-built-within-7250373

Sacrificing seats for apartments a normal person could not afford if they lived to be a hundred. What a shocker

Some before and after Photoshopped images courtesy of yoshef on skyscrapercity. I think they give a very good idea of how things could look.

Main Stand and Kop from Walter Breck Road.

1-1.jpg2.jpg

View from Stanley Park.

3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg

From Anfield Road/Tancred Road (?) junction.

6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

newmain_zpsb76a8ced.jpg

The Kop is well and truly dwarfed judging by that, more so that was suggested in the renders that were published a couple of months ago. The new away end looks almost exactly like Dortmund's Nordtribune. I'm not sure if that Kop roof is accurate because to my mind, it protrudes further beyond the front row of the stand itself than is shown here. I don't have the schematics so that may well be a trick of the eye.

how come the upper AR is only going to hold 4,000-5,000 when its much bigger than the lower AR that holds around 6,000 ?

Maybe in future we could add 2/3 thousand to kop or point the roof up 45 degrees so its joins up with new Main Stand Roof so it doesnt look as small?

I also hate way current lower AR & Centeenary join up......hope one day we get a new Centeenary Stand and sort out the ugly join up in corner

how come the upper AR is only going to hold 4,000-5,000 when its much bigger than the lower AR that holds around 6,000 ?

The capacity of that stand is going to increase by 4500-odd in total, taking it to 13-14000. The upper tier will be rebuilt with the new upper tier holding whatever it does at the moment plus the extra 4500, and the lower tier will remain as it is.