You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

Mr Drone UK with the 2ndpart of his update vid.

The ARE and stadium are going to look awesome and the owners are to be congratulated for actually addressing the capacity issue after decades of pretty much indifference and poor design. Never thought Id see the day when Anfield was a 60,000+ capacity stadium. Even in the old days, 56,000 wasnt hit that often.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Mr Drone UK with the 2ndpart of his update vid.

The ARE and stadium are going to look awesome and the owners are to be congratulated for actually addressing the capacity issue after decades of pretty much indifference and poor design. Never thought Id see the day when Anfield was a 60,000+ capacity stadium. Even in the old days, 56,000 wasnt hit that often.

Aw bless, he’s devoed he missed the moving of the roof truss. Apparently a monumental moment.

A lad I work with is one of the head stewards at Anfield and said there aren't any concerts at Anfield next summer in order to complete the work.

Bruce Springsteen was allegedly supposed to be playing Anfield next summer but has only released four UK tour dates. Two in Hyde Park, one at Villa Park and another at Murrayfield. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

A lad I work with is one of the head stewards at Anfield and said there aren't any concerts at Anfield next summer in order to complete the work.

Bruce Springsteen was allegedly supposed to be playing Anfield next summer but has only released four UK tour dates. Two in Hyde Park, one at Villa Park and another at Murrayfield. 

Cunts. I've been waiting all my life for Bruce to come here. Come on Everton, get your BMD done for next summer! 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Cunts. I've been waiting all my life for Bruce to come here. Come on Everton, get your BMD done for next summer! 

Hopefully he swaps Murrayfield for Everton's new stadium.

Or anywhere far away from Edinburgh really.

2 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

I’d love it like Keegan if we could do the other two stands too. A fucking disgustingly huge Kopp would be great. 

Yeah thinking the same, we'd have a 70k+ stadium. Lack of space and cost of reclaiming the land, redeveloping the area I suspect would make it staggeringly expensive? Would we fill a stadium that large consistently? Old Trafford always claims to have 76k attendees but they're including season tickets that don't always take up their allocation.

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Isn't there also still a planning condition that if we go over 70,000, we have to reopen a railway line? That just does a massive shit on any economic arguments.

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Isn't there also still a planning condition that if we go over 70,000, we have to reopen a railway line? That just does a massive shit on any economic arguments.

Definitely something exists that says at a certain capacity we get into travel infrastructure issues, yeah.

Wasnt the trigger capacity for travel infrastructure 65,000 which was supposed to be the minimum capacity target for the proposed stadium on Stanley Park?

Personally, I doubt Anfield will ever breach that unless seats are taken out. As Ive said before, if it was possible, the only way they could increase capacity now would be by jacking up the roof of the SKD and sticking in another 10 rows or so. Even that would only give another 2500 seats. They might get 15 rows max at a push but 20 would encroach too much on The Skerries.

All engineering stuff aside, they'd have to put in extra terracing entrances \ exits as I understand regulations mean everyone must be within a regulated distance of one in case of an emergency.

16 hours ago, an tha said:

Hasn't that high street they mention in that article been canned? There's no money for it. Personally I think out the back of the kop things could be possible (even routing the road under the stand) the park pub could be moved/scrapped, the church has no historic significance so I'm sure could be accommodated with a new church up the road, but I think it would be costly and unless it offers the same sort junior hospitality the road end does, would appear not to be economical for FSG. As they've shown before they've no interest in taking on a mortgage style debt over 20 years for extra seats. And if course it would bring into question issues of crowd/traffic flow too.

It'll be interesting to see how all of the infrastructure copes when we add another 7k next year. It was a bit of a nightmare when they first opened the main stand, but it seemed to settle quickly and for me at least doesn't seem too different to before - perhaps people come more staggered now. The introduction of stupid phone tickets has been far more problematic. 

13 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The cost of signalling and opening up a new stating on that Canada Dock goods line was rumoured to be around £325m. 

No funding from Central government either who've just spaffed £15bn on that Elizabeth Line in London.