You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

4 hours ago, stringvest said:

No, I remember entering from the top middle every game, as my spec was behind the right post about halfway down. But then again, maybe I’m not as old as you boys

I think left side was seasies and middle couple and right (kemlyn side) was for everyone else.

23 hours ago, an tha said:

I understood all the words, but none of the meaning.

This should be in the shitness of modern football;

LFC’s senior grounds manager, Warren Scott, said: “It’s a really exciting project – the installation of a hybrid carpet pitch will allow us to host pre-season fixtures as well as concerts at the stadium

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

What will the new stand bring the attendance up to?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/anfieldroadexpansion/plans

Stadium capacity

When complete the redevelopment of the Anfield Road stand will make Anfield one of the largest stadiums in the Premier League and would take the overall capacity to over 61,000. The changes will add 7,000 additional seats, made up of around 5,200 general admission seats and around 1,800 seats with sports bar lounge / hospitality facilities. This proposed capacity increase is the maximum achievable whilst complying with stadium design, safety and comfort standards.

• Upvote 1

Something i would love us to do with the redevelopment is move the away fans to a much less prominent position in ground.

Get them fucked off into far corner of the main stand or something - split over tiers.

In my opinion for many years now they occupy a place too close to pitch and to tv mics etc helping them sound good.

You look at a lot other clubs and they seem to have away fans tucked away more....i just wonder if we can maybe do same.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Be less than that we never get 54 now and this is meant to be adding 7.

My guess is we will just about hit 60.

When you factor in the divides for away and whatever else affects capacity the actual working capacity is not currently 54.

http://lfcstats.co.uk/20212022allattendances.html

Yeah, I don't quite understand how our attendance is so variable actually. Especially in this age where you can transfer your ticket electronically and every game is sold out, I wonder if it's hospitality not being full - standard chartered are a customer of mine for example, and I know for sure they rarely use all of their hospitality.

But I think the club have said it will be 61k, whatever that will mean in reality. 

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Something i would love us to do with the redevelopment is move the away fans to a much less prominent position in ground.

Get them fucked off into far corner of the main stand or something - split over tiers.

In my opinion for many years now they occupy a place too close to pitch and to tv mics etc helping them sound good.

You look at a lot other clubs and they seem to have away fans tucked away more....i just wonder if we can maybe do same.

I think there's new rules against that. I think where if there's an away reconfiguration it has to be behind the goal and from ground level. Obviously some clubs still get away with having you on the side (Everton) or even behind the goal you will miles away (Newcastle because you're in the gods and west ham because even ground level behind the goal is in West London or something), but I don't think when we redo it, we can do that. My understanding is the away section will go back to the opposite corner where it was when I was younger. I can't remember where I got that information from though. I assume for ease of segregation we'll just give them the bottom tier. 

People confuse official capacity with official attendance and even that, attendance, can be counted one of 2 ways.

Official capacity is the total number of seats in the stadium. Official attendance can be totalled at least one of two ways. First is actual bums on seats through the turnstiles on a match day. The second is actual bums on seats plus season ticket holders who do not attend the game on the day and their ticket isnt resold.

Back in the day, we used to declare attendance as bums on seats through the turnstiles. Whether we now count unsold ST's as the attendance now or not I dont know but I know some clubs do.

When the main stand was redeveloped the official capacity was something over 54,000. Then, we made more seating space available for disabled fans such as at the back on the SKD lower and ARE front.

This reduced capacity but the club was able to add about 500 seats at the back of the Kop. This brought capacity to something around 53,000 something.

Because there's a massive ARE roof stanchion at the Main stand side, there's a complete block of seats in that corner where many arent sold. I see it every home game, there must be about 250 seats. The ARE seating in both tiers also currently stops well short of the corner. The new development will address these issues.

When ARE is fully developed, the official capacity will be just over 61,000 seats. Actual official attendance may be less due to segregation issues and no shows.

Hence the earlier use of the phrase "working capacity" which ultimately is the one that matters as it is the one related to how many people you can actually accommodate at games.

Our working capacity won't be 61,000 - unless we are adding/creating a fair bit more than 7,000 extra useable seats.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think there's new rules against that. I think where if there's an away reconfiguration it has to be behind the goal and from ground level. Obviously some clubs still get away with having you on the side (Everton) or even behind the goal you will miles away (Newcastle because you're in the gods and west ham because even ground level behind the goal is in West London or something), but I don't think when we redo it, we can do that. My understanding is the away section will go back to the opposite corner where it was when I was younger. I can't remember where I got that information from though. I assume for ease of segregation we'll just give them the bottom tier. 

Yeah just been reading about the regs....seems newcastle get some sort of special dispensation from rules

On 02/07/2022 at 19:39, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I don't quite understand how our attendance is so variable actually. Especially in this age where you can transfer your ticket electronically and every game is sold out, I wonder if it's hospitality not being full - standard chartered are a customer of mine for example, and I know for sure they rarely use all of their hospitality.

But I think the club have said it will be 61k, whatever that will mean in reality. 

Yeah would depend if the club count sold seats or actual people in the door, as @dockers_strike said. Do you know how many tickets Standard Chartered get?

Just considering if it’s worth my while taking over the shirt sponsorship.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah would depend if the club count sold seats or actual people in the door, as @dockers_strike said. Do you know how many tickets Standard Chartered get?

Just considering if it’s worth my while taking over the shirt sponsorship.

Hahaha. They get loads. About 100 that they sell to staff cheaply (I think about 20 quid each) which they always sell out and are in the lower main stand near the kop (and they come from all over the world to fill those seats, not just their London office). And i think about 8 tables in total, 4 of them grouped together in one of the lounges and others in some semi private area that is all branded up. I've never been (it's for clients not suppliers!), but I know a few who have and have told me this. 

I remember being in the back of the lower anny road for the 2nd leg of the PSV tie in the 2006-07 season. It was the worst view I’ve had of anything ever. An absolutely atrocious spec. It’s the only time I’ve ever left a game early.  Crouch scored (I think) with about 20 mins to go to make the tie 4-0 or 5-0 on agg and I said to my mate will go for a pint? I don’t think I’d finished the question and he was up and gone. I will not morn the passing of that poxy stand. 

I dont think our home league attendance does vary a lot.

For season 2021/22 when fans were allowed back, our lowest league attendance was 52591 against Burnley. Funnily enough, this was the first home game of the season.

Our highest league attendance was 53197 against Brighton. Overall, that's a difference of 606 so about 1.2% discrepancy if my maths are anything right.

Our only home league games that had sub 53000 attendances were Palace, 52985, Newcastle 52951, Brentford 52824, united 52686, the shite 52852. I suspect increased segregation accounts for the united and shite attendance being lower than Newcastle and Palace.

We had some equally low attendances for home cup games, the lowest against Cardiff 51268. Considering these games need some form of fan credit to get tickets, I dont think that's surprising.

5 hours ago, an tha said:

If the pictures in the below are accurate then the problem with the seats obscured and unsellable in corner of main stand because of roof support goes away.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/07/9-photos-of-how-anfield-will-look-after-61000-seat-expansion/

That upper tier looks huge. I can't wait for the first big European night.