You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

16 hours ago, an tha said:

I disagree....the atmosphere has lost its edge, it has lost some of the grit, the rawness it had.

Even going back to 2005 - the ground was shaking at that semi v Chelsea - the Barcelona semi whilst still good was just not at same level noise and passion wise.

Even the 2014 run in - the games were louder, more raucous than more recent ones where we have been going for it like last season.

For me it is down to Anfield having a more diverse crowd in now - it has diluted the atmosphere a little.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. The only thing I think is we're just amlittle bit too focussed on singing songs that a fella in the pub with a guitar plays. We don't really seem to be making any new songs in the ground. We have some truly awful songs now. 

24 minutes ago, No2 said:

Something I noticed in the Everton Chelsea game was the crowd looked a lot younger than ours. I've thought this before, could be just me of course. 

I do think we're an old crowd, we've barely had any new STs since the kop was seated, and those who got STs had been on the waiting list since the 90s, which makes them far from young too. Our gang are pretty much all happy to skip a game with the slightest excuse to give one of the kids a chance to go. 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

@Barrington Womble  yeah we will have to agree to disagree.....i really feel that Anfield is a lot 'nicer' than it used to be and not as intimidating, as loud and as raw as it used to be.

I agree with you about that Jamie Webster lad though - good luck to him, he has done well out of it all - but i am not a fan of him/his stuff myself.

Deffo good luck to him. But it's not just him, there's barely a bar within a mile radius of the ground who don't have their own Webster. And they're all at it trying to make up songs to their shit backing tapes. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Deffo good luck to him. But it's not just him, there's barely a bar within a mile radius of the ground who don't have their own Webster. And they're all at it trying to make up songs to their shit backing tapes. 

Yeah....i am not a fan at all.

One game last season a mate convinced me to meet him in that TIA...I am old school and usually go in places like The Cabbage....but i went and there was one of this fellers on with the guitar - i couldn't stick it for more than 5 mins, made excuses and left.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Yeah....i am not a fan at all.

One game last season a mate convinced me to meet him in that TIA...I am old school and usually go in places like The Cabbage....but i went and there was one of this fellers on with the guitar - i couldn't stick it for more than 5 mins, made excuses and left.

The cabbage was an old haunt of mine. We've been going the halfway house for years now and that's where he started - in fact even when he was at TIA he'd do the halfie after the game. But to begin with he was just a lad doing the Saturday night entertainment. The Liverpool stuff came later. We didn't pay much attention as we'd drink in the other side of the bar. But then eventually he got that popular, they had to sneak him into the pub! Fair play to the kid, but it does my head in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update on the ARE development. Bit of a longer one with no sound for me for the first part.

I love Anfield. Even after all these years of going the place, it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, going through the turnstile, half killing myself climbing all the steps in the SKD Upper to get to my seat then seeing the pitch and stands filling up.

It may not be the most asthetic looking stadium. It's been built piecemeal so isnt some 'look at me' architect's statement about good they are because they come up with some outlandish design.

It's about us, not some nounce like that Meis fella the shite signed up for theirs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

FB_IMG_1663400647468.jpg

Awesome picture and the stand isnt half built.

In other sobering news, Inter and AC Milan has decided to completely knock down the Guiseppe Meazza stadium and build a completely new modern one instead. Going to cost them a billion quid even at today's estimate.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Awesome picture and the stand isnt half built.

In other sobering news, Inter and AC Milan has decided to completely knock down the Guiseppe Meazza stadium and build a completely new modern one instead. Going to cost them a billion quid even at today's estimate.

Such a pity. You’d have hoped they could redevelop such a culturally iconic stadium. But I remember reading an article explaining the pitch there would always be shit because the design of the stands/roof meant it got so little sunlight. 

4 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

The ground whilst iconic, is very tired and worn inside and to revamp it would cost more than to just level it and start again. They have enough land anyway to do whatever they want, though I believe a reduction on the capacity is definitely in the cards.  

Yeah I get the reasoning behind it. Just find the thought of replacing an iconic stadium with another indentikit shit bowl thoroughly depressing.