You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

7 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Is it 7,000 extra seats with the ARE extension? If so, how many STs do we think will be released on the back of it?

I'm reckoning around 2,000.

2k season tickets with the rest day trippers. So still zero chance of local fans getting match tickets. 

9 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

2k season tickets with the rest day trippers. So still zero chance of local fans getting match tickets. 

I read they were looking at doing some hospitality tickets in the new stand. Not sure if true. Something to do with the money they'd made from general admission tickets not being anywhere near cost effective to make the new stand pay. 

More hospitality and club shop visitors the better for the owners. 

3 hours ago, Freddo said:

I read they were looking at doing some hospitality tickets in the new stand. Not sure if true. Something to do with the money they'd made from general admission tickets not being anywhere near cost effective to make the new stand pay. 

More hospitality and club shop visitors the better for the owners. 

There's deffo some hospitality 'seats' in the ARE development. Personally, I take the general admission money not being as expected with a pinch of salt as hospitality was always built in.

The club could follow Newcastle, Villa and maybe a couple of other clubs example and make all home seats only available on season tickets. But that would mean the same 58,000 home fans would only ever get into PL games.

Club wouldn't like that...they want a high turnover of tourists and daytrippers.

People who buy bag fulls of shite from Liverworld and who buy 10 programmes to take back to their friends.

People who will come and eat and drink in ground...

Last thing they want is the same 50,000 odd faces who spend nothing beyond price of their spec.

It is one of the main reasons they continue to sell memberships.

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

Club wouldn't like that...they want a high turnover of tourists and daytrippers.

People who buy bag fulls of shite from Liverworld and who buy 10 programmes to take back to their friends.

People who will come and eat and drink in ground...

Last thing they want is the same 50,000 odd faces who spend nothing beyond price of their spec.

It is one of the main reasons they continue to sell memberships.

Yeah and the club has had that view since they opened the very first souvie shop. End of the day, the 'day trippers and tourists' (arent a significant proportion of these members anyway attending games?) money brings in what, £100m in the last accounts?

Some clubs and fans revel in the fact their ground is filled with STHs and no other fans get a chance to see the team for league games.

Apart from building a new 100,000 seater stadium, I dont know what the answer is.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah and the club has had that view since they opened the very first souvie shop. End of the day, the 'day trippers and tourists' (arent a significant proportion of these members anyway attending games?) money brings in what, £100m in the last accounts?

Some clubs and fans revel in the fact their ground is filled with STHs and no other fans get a chance to see the team for league games.

Apart from building a new 100,000 seater stadium, I dont know what the answer is.

Being money grabbing cunts would be a lot easier to stomach if the money was back invested into the team. Just cuntish behaviour all round

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

IMO the club should have stopped selling memberships a while back and put in place a better tiered system for members sales that rewards loyalty more.

I think it is wrong for example that a member who has 10 years plus of loyalty but does not have the 'magic' 13+ credits is lumped in a ballot for games with a member who joined brand new in the summer with zero previous history....

But as i say they want an ever revolving door - for example 100,000 different people attending 1 game each across a season is obviously from their perspective better and more profitable than say 20,000 people attending 5 games each.

It is much like the arguments that rage about seasies and cup games one that will rage on and is of course one where peoples views are very much dependent on their own situation.

Will be interesting to see what club does when Anny Rd is done.

As for hospitality (as someone mentioned it earlier) i was under impression that we didn't always sell out - i may be wrong, just what i had heard/been told.

I personally think it is shite myself - but i can see the appeal for some and of course financially why club/clubs do it.

Its been a long time coming and we've spoken about it for years but us normal fans have finally been priced out and now forced out of going the game. 

I've said previously that I've not been able to get tickets since 2015 where are before i had built up alot of credits the years before and could get tickets for about 10 home games a season, plus both auto cup schemes. 

Then all of a sudden after 2015 i couldn't get a thing and my previous credits counted for nothing. 

This is one of my biggest gripes with FSG in that they have forced me and loads of other local fans out of going the match. 

The detachment i feel with the club these days makes me sad as its been a constant my entire life growing up, going the game with my dad and experiencing match day and it makes me angry that many fans like myself and others can't get the chance to do the same with their kids. 

So like i said previously i couldn't give a shit about the ground expansion as in real terms it means very little to fans like me who will have no chance to experience it. 

3 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Its been a long time coming and we've spoken about it for years but us normal fans have finally been priced out and now forced out of going the game. 

I've said previously that I've not been able to get tickets since 2015 where are before i had built up alot of credits the years before and could get tickets for about 10 home games a season, plus both auto cup schemes. 

Then all of a sudden after 2015 i couldn't get a thing and my previous credits counted for nothing. 

This is one of my biggest gripes with FSG in that they have forced me and loads of other local fans out of going the match. 

The detachment i feel with the club these days makes me sad as its been a constant my entire life growing up, going the game with my dad and experiencing match day and it makes me angry that many fans like myself and others can't get the chance to do the same with their kids. 

So like i said previously i couldn't give a shit about the ground expansion as in real terms it means very little to fans like me who will have no chance to experience it. 

The main way FSG forced you out of going to the match was by employing Klopp.

Plenty of tickets were available when we had the Owl in charge.  Hopefully we'll turn shit again when Klopp leaves so everyone who wants tickets can go again.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

The main way FSG forced you out of going to the match was by employing Klopp.

Plenty of tickets were available when we had the Owl in charge.  Hopefully we'll turn shit again when Klopp leaves so everyone who wants tickets can go again.

Plus people who have season tickets and have no intention of going but refuse to give them up. I know at least 4 people who have had season tickets but just loan them out or put their tickets on stubhub. One lad I work with hasn't been to Anfield since Rodgers was in charge because he said he was a shit manager but quite happily loans his season ticket out or makes a bit of money from it but will never give it up.

My mate works for the club and said that there were tons of dead people on the list whose season ticket had been passed down. One was 112 years old!. Another emigrated to South Africa after we last won the league in 1990. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/08/2022 at 08:32, Code said:

There is a waiting list for hospitality tickets now, more than 10.000 people I just got told.

I can't see that. You could still buy them at the start of last season (I know someone who bought a 4 table) and the price is down from when they first opened the main stand (used to be about £10k per seat, now it's closer to £8k for the same tables). We have about 6k hospitality so it would seem mental to go from no waiting like to 10k inside 12 months. 

There might be a waiting list for those match to match tickets they sell. 

16 hours ago, an tha said:

IMO the club should have stopped selling memberships a while back and put in place a better tiered system for members sales that rewards loyalty more.

I think it is wrong for example that a member who has 10 years plus of loyalty but does not have the 'magic' 13+ credits is lumped in a ballot for games with a member who joined brand new in the summer with zero previous history....

But as i say they want an ever revolving door - for example 100,000 different people attending 1 game each across a season is obviously from their perspective better and more profitable than say 20,000 people attending 5 games each.

It is much like the arguments that rage about seasies and cup games one that will rage on and is of course one where peoples views are very much dependent on their own situation.

Will be interesting to see what club does when Anny Rd is done.

As for hospitality (as someone mentioned it earlier) i was under impression that we didn't always sell out - i may be wrong, just what i had heard/been told.

I personally think it is shite myself - but i can see the appeal for some and of course financially why club/clubs do it.

Ive great sympathy for those scrabbling around for tickets.

I know we dont sell out the Main Stand hospitality, I can see the empty seats every league game. But I gather the cheapest hospitality in the MS is over 200 quid. As far as Im aware, hospitality in the SKD Upper is sold out because it's tiered and cheaper. Perhaps the ARE will be the same? In any event, the club probably works to about 75% - 80% basis of sold hospitality?

Like I said before, the option is either make the whole ground home STs only which means the same 58000 will get into league games or limit STs to around 30,000 and have the rest members sales? That's pretty much what they do as I understand it.

The real issue appears to be one of priority in the scramble for tickets?

If the club gave out 5000 new STs in the ARE, those 5001 and onwards on the waiting list still miss out though.

I agree its unfair members credits have been negated and yes, the club should probably have limited the numbers of members. But the demand for tickets has exploded exponentially since 2016 due to Klopp and the team's on field success.

STs have also lost out on cup and league away games over time and now you have to be in the ACS to get a ticket. Im not in the ACS and havent been since about 2015 so Im not too bothered about that. I know some STH's 'played' the system for cup finals but no one can tell me some members dont do the same now to maintain their credits.

Have to say I dont think it's right or fair that STHs who sell or transfer a match ticket should retain the credit for it if used or resold. As far as Im aware, STH's credits only count if they are in one or more ACS competitions.

On a general point, I think all this talk of 'day trippers' conveniently ignores the vast majority, if not every one of the non STHs who turn up at Anfield on match days will be members? Not sure how many tickets get sold via Thomas Cook or whoever but it's surely less than 1000 per game?

I really dont get why some denegrate those fans, STHs, Members etc who spend shitloads in the souvie shop. Like it or not, money pays the bills. Some want us to be funded like city while retaining the ability to slag city's financing off.

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ive great sympathy for those scrabbling around for tickets.

I know we dont sell out the Main Stand hospitality, I can see the empty seats every league game. But I gather the cheapest hospitality in the MS is over 200 quid. As far as Im aware, hospitality in the SKD Upper is sold out because it's tiered and cheaper. Perhaps the ARE will be the same? In any event, the club probably works to about 75% - 80% basis of sold hospitality?

Like I said before, the option is either make the whole ground home STs only which means the same 58000 will get into league games or limit STs to around 30,000 and have the rest members sales? That's pretty much what they do as I understand it.

The real issue appears to be one of priority in the scramble for tickets?

If the club gave out 5000 new STs in the ARE, those 5001 and onwards on the waiting list still miss out though.

I agree its unfair members credits have been negated and yes, the club should probably have limited the numbers of members. But the demand for tickets has exploded exponentially since 2016 due to Klopp and the team's on field success.

STs have also lost out on cup and league away games over time and now you have to be in the ACS to get a ticket. Im not in the ACS and havent been since about 2015 so Im not too bothered about that. I know some STH's 'played' the system for cup finals but no one can tell me some members dont do the same now to maintain their credits.

Have to say I dont think it's right or fair that STHs who sell or transfer a match ticket should retain the credit for it if used or resold. As far as Im aware, STH's credits only count if they are in one or more ACS competitions.

On a general point, I think all this talk of 'day trippers' conveniently ignores the vast majority, if not every one of the non STHs who turn up at Anfield on match days will be members? Not sure how many tickets get sold via Thomas Cook or whoever but it's surely less than 1000 per game?

I really dont get why some denegrate those fans, STHs, Members etc who spend shitloads in the souvie shop. Like it or not, money pays the bills. Some want us to be funded like city while retaining the ability to slag city's financing off.

Agree with most of your post....On the issue of "Daytrippers" I suppose it is just a bit of a shitness of modern football thing that as we have become more successful they seem to have grown in number.....We have always attracted them due to being a big successful club, but it seems to have really exploded over last 5 years.

Maybe i am just a miserable arl arse who still sees going the match as being about arriving at about 5 to 3 and not spending a penny on anything other than cost of ticket - whereas reality for many of the new generation of fans now is it is a day out ...and spending a bomb in Liverworld, buying a half scarf and having a "Burger and Chips Meal Deal" and buying 20 programmes to take back for mates is their "normal"......

The club certainly seem to encourage that type of "customer"

The money is needed in this day and age and that ultimately helps us pay Salah's wage rise etc to help us stay at top.

At what cost though to our local support especially the early 20's "lads" has this shift come at though? It seems to me they have been frozen out somewhat....

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Agree with most of your post....On the issue of "Daytrippers" I suppose it is just a bit of a shitness of modern football thing that as we have become more successful they seem to have grown in number.....We have always attracted them due to being a big successful club, but it seems to have really exploded over last 5 years.

Maybe i am just a miserable arl arse who still sees going the match as being about arriving at about 5 to 3 and not spending a penny on anything other than cost of ticket - whereas reality for many of the new generation of fans now is it is a day out ...and spending a bomb in Liverworld, buying a half scarf and having a "Burger and Chips Meal Deal" and buying 20 programmes to take back for mates is their "normal"......

The money is needed in this day and age and that ultimately helps us pay Salah's wage rise etc to help us stay at top.

At what cost though to our local support especially the early 20's "lads" has this shift come at though? It seems to me they have been frozen out somewhat....

It's always going to be a problem when demand is greater than supply. And unless we go shit when klopp goes, that's not going to change any time soon. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's always going to be a problem when demand is greater than supply. And unless we go shit when klopp goes, that's not going to change any time soon. 

Oh aye definitely.

I just don't like the change in our support - it is to me very noticeable and it has impacted the atmosphere negatively....Anfield is not what it was.

21 minutes ago, an tha said:

Im not suggesting the club is perfect but they have introduced the reduced price ticket for young local lads. Yeah, they have to jump through a few hoops to get them and, they may be right at the back of the stand etc.

The real issue though is the relatively low wage 'economy' or to put it bluntly, the poor pay generally in Liverpool. But the club has to operate at the high end of spending else it's not competitive.

Have to admit, Ive always been in the habit of getting to the ground 60 - 90 minutes before kick off, depending on the weather. Get a bag of chips and walk up to the ground, listening to the fans singing in the sandon as I walk past.

Not everyone's cup of tea, I grant you. Guess we're just creatures of habit!

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Oh aye definitely.

I just don't like the change in our support - it is to me very noticeable and it has impacted the atmosphere negatively....Anfield is not what it was.

Dunno about that. I suppose it depends when you compare it to. But I think klopp has transformed the fans behaviour and the atmosphere since he came in improves by the year. I also remember standing on the kop in the 80s when we were winning everything and there was about 200 of us in the middle making some noise and mostly the rest was slagging off the team. I've heard Hansen talking about how he wishes he played now, not because of the money, but the fact the atmosphere is miles better. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Dunno about that. I suppose it depends when you compare it to. But I think klopp has transformed the fans behaviour and the atmosphere since he came in improves by the year. I also remember standing on the kop in the 80s when we were winning everything and there was about 200 of us in the middle making some noise and mostly the rest was slagging off the team. I've heard Hansen talking about how he wishes he played now, not because of the money, but the fact the atmosphere is miles better. 

I disagree....the atmosphere has lost its edge, it has lost some of the grit, the rawness it had.

Even going back to 2005 - the ground was shaking at that semi v Chelsea - the Barcelona semi whilst still good was just not at same level noise and passion wise.

Even the 2014 run in - the games were louder, more raucous than more recent ones where we have been going for it like last season.

For me it is down to Anfield having a more diverse crowd in now - it has diluted the atmosphere a little.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, an tha said:

I disagree....the atmosphere has lost its edge, it has lost some of the grit, the rawness it had.

Even going back to 2005 - the ground was shaking at that semi v Chelsea - the Barcelona semi whilst still good was just not at same level noise and passion wise.

Even the 2014 run in - the games were louder, more raucous than more recent ones where we have been going for it like last season.

For me it is down to Anfield having a more diverse crowd in now - it has diluted the atmosphere a little.

I'd agree, there was a rawness, but there was also more spontaneity in chants and humour - more cruel, but very funny.

• Upvote 1