You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

8 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The cost of signalling and opening up a new stating on that Canada Dock goods line was rumoured to be around £325m. 

No funding from Central government either who've just spaffed £15bn on that Elizabeth Line in London. 

What Would Everton Do? - Try to get the Council to pay for it.

I’d like to see us do something like Spurs with the Kop. That stand they have holds c.17k. What does our Kip hold? 12k? 

Make it steeper and more intimidating.

Unfortunately, only 5k extra and (likely) no executive boxes means it’s not cost effective. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I’d like to see us do something like Spurs with the Kop. That stand they have holds c.17k. What does our Kip hold? 12k? 

Make it steeper and more intimidating.

Unfortunately, only 5k extra and (likely) no executive boxes means it’s not cost effective. 

It depends how much it's going to cost. If cost is £40m it will take less than 8 years to break even, even without hospitality/boxes.

EDIT: in reality though the spending will reduce ("we need to recoup Kop redevelopment investment") so the break even point will be much quicker. With Klopp at the helm it will be like 2 or 3 years to recoup the money.

22 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

It depends how much it's going to cost. If cost is £40m it will take less than 8 years to break even, even without hospitality/boxes.

EDIT: in reality though the spending will reduce ("we need to recoup Kop redevelopment investment") so the break even point will be much quicker. With Klopp at the helm it will be like 2 or 3 years to recoup the money.

I see the ARE was originally going to be £60m but is now £80m because the price of materials have gone up since COVID-19.

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hasn't that high street they mention in that article been canned? There's no money for it. Personally I think out the back of the kop things could be possible (even routing the road under the stand) the park pub could be moved/scrapped, the church has no historic significance so I'm sure could be accommodated with a new church up the road, but I think it would be costly and unless it offers the same sort junior hospitality the road end does, would appear not to be economical for FSG. As they've shown before they've no interest in taking on a mortgage style debt over 20 years for extra seats. And if course it would bring into question issues of crowd/traffic flow too.

It'll be interesting to see how all of the infrastructure copes when we add another 7k next year. It was a bit of a nightmare when they first opened the main stand, but it seemed to settle quickly and for me at least doesn't seem too different to before - perhaps people come more staggered now. The introduction of stupid phone tickets has been far more problematic. 

The phone tickets thing has been total shite yeah.

I have no idea about all the different issues that exist, but some of the people on this skyscraper city site seem to be clued up....

Linked to an interesting part about Kop expansion.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/liverpool-anfield-stadium-54-074-61-000.210414/page-751

1 hour ago, an tha said:

The phone tickets thing has been total shite yeah.

I have no idea about all the different issues that exist, but some of the people on this skyscraper city site seem to be clued up....

Linked to an interesting part about Kop expansion.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/liverpool-anfield-stadium-54-074-61-000.210414/page-751

Interesting the talk of the transport links. With everything that's going on in central government, the absolute shit show that is Liverpool city council, there's no chance this will get resolved at all.

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Interesting the talk of the transport links. With everything that's going on in central government, the absolute shit show that is Liverpool city council, there's no chance this will get resolved at all.

Yeah. Public transport in and around Liverpool has always been shite - expecting improvement under these tory bastards and the clowns in the town hall on a scale like what would be required is like asking Naby Keita to play 60 games a season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah. Public transport in and around Liverpool has always been shite - expecting improvement under these tory bastards and the clowns in the town hall on a scale like what would be required is like asking Naby Keita to play 60 games a season.

Absolutely everything they do is a fucking shambles at local level. Even this new mayor, fuck me. About a week or so ago she was on the local news saying how she'd got all the work outside lime Street done. I went past about 2 days later, it's still the same fucking mess. Her done must be following fucking Johnson and brexit being done. 

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Absolutely everything they do is a fucking shambles at local level. Even this new mayor, fuck me. About a week or so ago she was on the local news saying how she'd got all the work outside lime Street done. I went past about 2 days later, it's still the same fucking mess. Her done must be following fucking Johnson and brexit being done. 

It's been like that for about 18 months. Then you have absolute knobheads like councillor Nick Small who opposes absolutely every bit of private investment in the city. 

He opposed the office development at the back of Mercury Court on the grounds it was a public park, even though it was just a little bit of green space where smackheads shoot up. Also he opposed some new development down by Princes Dock which was basically a derelict area with a few flats. The developers spent hundreds of thousands taking the planning department to court to win their case. Opposing developments of £275m and £100m just because he doesn't like it. 

Meanwhile Manchester and Leeds have more and more investment and they sail miles aahead of Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I read a couple of weeks ago they were expecting to have the work done by end of July.

• 2 weeks later...