You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

City Council have nothing to do with the buses. That deerty Redshite Rotheram is in charge of Merseytravel, but beyond the Soccerbus there's nowt they can do, thanks to the joys of privatisation. Mind you, they're looking to re-regulate in the next few years, so they can sort out matchday buses then 

I've found out this season if you just walk down as far as Walton road (just 2 mins on from where the soccer bus is now), there's a bus every few minutes as normal and nearly nobody is getting on it. You can be in town by about 20 mins after the end of the match. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/03/2022 at 09:18, Barrington Womble said:

I've found out this season if you just walk down as far as Walton road (just 2 mins on from where the soccer bus is now), there's a bus every few minutes as normal and nearly nobody is getting on it. You can be in town by about 20 mins after the end of the match. 

I head down that way to get the bus in the opposite direction.

• Upvote 1

Yeah if i am ever coming from town get a 17 and get off on Breck Road by The George (or whatever it is called now)

It is rerouted on match days and is actually better for it!

If going back to town after usually walk down to West Derby Rd and get a bus across from The Belmont - loads stop there.

On 12/03/2022 at 09:18, Barrington Womble said:

Nice one, never thought of that. Always sit on the soccer bus for ages in traffic, then wait at Sandhills dying for a piss, oh look the bogs are ‘out of order’ again quelles suprise, try to shelter from the cold in the waiting room but the doors are broken so won’t close over, eventually a jam packed 3 carriage train trundles along.

• 3 months later...
On 28/06/2022 at 10:35, Vincent Vega said:

It’s mad how small Anfield looked before we started to redevelop post the Taylor report. This is from 1989. 

6CC0C726-149D-4D7B-B31C-FAEFA7139A32.jpeg

Insane how much it’s changed.

Re. the old kop, I only ever remember entering from the far right, going up those steps slowly until you could see the beautiful green pitch and getting goose bumps. And they’d open the middle stairs 5-10 minutes before full time? Was it really all entry from the far right steps ? Seems dangerous in this day and age, but that’s how I remember it.

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Re. the old kop, I only ever remember entering from the far right, going up those steps slowly until you could see the beautiful green pitch and getting goose bumps. And they’d open the middle stairs 5-10 minutes before full time? Was it really all entry from the far right steps ? Seems dangerous in this day and age, but that’s how I remember it.

Middle stairs were defo used for entry - I remember using them in the mid-80's when I first started going. That was as a junior - maybe they were only child entries as most of the rest of the time I recall entering via the ones on the right, by the flagpole.

Anyone know if, within the ARE development, the club is making provisions to extend the pitch length by a few metres?

The pitch is one of the shortest in the PL at about 101m and to host the Euro finals in 2028 in the event of a successful UK & Ireland bid, this would have to be extended again to 105m as it was for Euro 96.

105m would also bring it into line with the PL's standard pitch size. Having said that, the underground storage boxes for the kick in goals would have to be moved as well.

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Is that where you know Rico from?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Anyone know if, within the ARE development, the club is making provisions to extend the pitch length by a few metres?

The pitch is one of the shortest in the PL at about 101m and to host the Euro finals in 2028 in the event of a successful UK & Ireland bid, this would have to be extended again to 105m as it was for Euro 96.

105m would also bring it into line with the PL's standard pitch size. Having said that, the underground storage boxes for the kick in goals would have to be moved as well.

There was one article in the Daily Mail saying the club had already informed the people in charge of bidding that they would not be altering the size of the pitch. 

Seems a bit silly as the ground will probably host quite a few games up until the Quarter finals and the city will lose out on a lot of revenue.

15 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

There was one article in the Daily Mail saying the club had already informed the people in charge of bidding that they would not be altering the size of the pitch. 

Seems a bit silly as the ground will probably host quite a few games up until the Quarter finals and the city will lose out on a lot of revenue.

Maybe the Grand Old Lady could hold games?!

4 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

It think it struggles holding water

Haha is right that.

In 50 years time, you'll have 60 year old Evertonians telling all around them how the Grand Old Lady hosted group games between Norway and Macdeonia because it's the original historic stadium of the city.

Meanwhile in 50 years time, drone work will be ongoing at Bramley Moore Dock showing stunning images of cones being moved around the site. Exciting times to be a Blue la...

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Can remember Howard kendall moaning in his echo column about Woodison being overlooked for Euro 96. Then reeled off a load of firsts which were Co plates irrelevant. Think that 1994 was the last time the ground had any work done to it. 

Come on H. You forget these heady days. 

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/6/17/11961290/everton-submit-goodison-park-refurbishment-plans-liverpool-city-council

Screenshot_2022-06-30-22-55-09-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

13 hours ago, GR10 LFC said:

Middle stairs were defo used for entry - I remember using them in the mid-80's when I first started going. That was as a junior - maybe they were only child entries as most of the rest of the time I recall entering via the ones on the right, by the flagpole.

No, I remember entering from the top middle every game, as my spec was behind the right post about halfway down. But then again, maybe I’m not as old as you boys

12 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Haha is right that.

In 50 years time, you'll have 60 year old Evertonians telling all around them how the Grand Old Lady hosted group games between Norway and Macdeonia because it's the original historic stadium of the city.

Meanwhile in 50 years time, drone work will be ongoing at Bramley Moore Dock showing stunning images of cones being moved around the site. Exciting times to be a Blue la...

Hahaha.

I genuinely think you could write a sitcom about the Bloos.

To use the template of Bottom, you have the board and players as Eddie who's always one step ahead and willing to scam and cause damage to Richie. Richie being the fans. A sad lonely arsehole who believes he's better than he really is and desperately seeks sex (validation and trophies for the Bloos).