You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

8 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

What's going on with the Anny Road?  Is it going ahead or on pause?

They've started work I think, but I've not walked that way in to the ground and not been round there for ages. We've got 3 weeks between home games so I expect they used this slot to make some progress with that. And have they put the rail seats in the end end? It didn't look that way from the kop? 

Wouldn't you have major right to light issues with this as well?

I think it'll be pretty difficult for the Kop and Kemlyn to be expanded any time soon, the costs of construction mooted in the above video would be pretty prohibitive, let alone the additional transport access required, where you would think the council would lean on the club to provide in part.

13 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I think it'll be pretty difficult for the Kop and Kemlyn to be expanded any time soon, the costs of construction mooted in the above video would be pretty prohibitive, let alone the additional transport access required, where you would think the council would lean on the club to provide in part.

The expansion of the Kop needing a a structure over the road alone would end up taking years to agree (if it ever was) I imagine.

I've seen that kind of thing elsewhere and maybe even as part of a stadium but can't remember where (New York may have a few).

43 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I know there was a right for light issue making it bigger back when we built the kop, but there were houses behind it then (same with the box we put on the road end). I'm not sure the same things would apply to commercial property. 

45 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I know there was a right for light issue making it bigger back when we built the kop, but there were houses behind it then (same with the box we put on the road end). I'm not sure the same things would apply to commercial property. 

The same basic rules apply for commercial property except if there is a dispute the courts are more likely to award compensation to settle it than an injunction. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

The expansion of the Kop needing a a structure over the road alone would end up taking years to agree (if it ever was) I imagine.

I've seen that kind of thing elsewhere and maybe even as part of a stadium but can't remember where (New York may have a few).

There's a similar example on Pilgrim St in Newcastle where an office tower block is built over the road and similar with the former BT building on the Swan House roundabout. Not sure if they were done during the T. Dan Smith corruption era though!

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There's a similar example on Pilgrim St in Newcastle where an office tower block is built over the road and similar with the former BT building on the Swan House roundabout. Not sure if they were done during the T. Dan Smith corruption era though!

Vincente Calderon was the stadium I was thinking of, kept going to Monaco's stadium but they have a car park under there's I think.

Coliseum-Summit-news-Vicente-Calderon.jp

19 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Love how the Albert is still on the corner of the Kop.

Looks like Dave's spec is still there. Might even be shelter from the rain. We should try to crowd fund a statue of him selling the match programme. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Liverpool have confirmed the club's proposed expansion of the Anfield Road Stand will move forward, with an official ground-breaking ceremony planned for next week.

The expansion, which was given approval by Liverpool City Council in June, will see 7,000 more seats added to the Anfield Road Stand, taking the stadium's overall capacity to more than 61,00

"The redeveloped Anfield Road Stand is anticipated to be ready for the 2023-24 season and its design will see the lower tier retained and refurbished with a new upper tier built above it," read a club statement.

"Throughout the design process, careful consideration has once again been given to Anfield's world-class atmosphere through the development of an acoustic and lighting strategy to match that of the one developed with the Main Stand."

The redevelopment of the Anfield Road stand will follow the same method at the Main Stand, with the build taking place throughout the season while matches continue to be played.

The expansion is set to make Liverpool's stadium the third largest in the Premier League in terms of capacity, behind Manchester United's Old Trafford and the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - with West Ham's London Stadium currently operating with a capacity of 60,000 for football matches.

Liverpool expect the redevelopment to create 400 new matchday roles, in addition to the 2,200 people currently employed by the club at each home game.

Anfield will also be able to host up to six concerts and major events at the stadium for a period of five seasons as part of the planning permission.

The expansion, which has been planned since 2014, has been given the green light following two stages of public consultation.

"We have been clear from the beginning that in order for this expansion to go ahead we needed the co-operation of local residents and the community, to successfully navigate the complex planning landscape and to ensure the project is financially viable," said Liverpool's managing director Andy Hughes.

"We needed certainty for this project to progress and are now in a position to be able to move forward.

"We began this journey in 2014 and are grateful to everyone for the contributions they have made to bring the project to this stage."

On 02/09/2021 at 09:40, TD_LFC said:

The Amsterdam Arena has a dual carriageway running under it

8 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

The next plan should be to get a new Kop the size of Dortmunds.

Cant see it myself. Other stadiums may have underpasses or whatever added to them but there's loads of properties where the support structure for such a build need to go. People wouldnt be able to get out of their front door.

This article sums up the difficulties in redeveloping The Kop nicely.

The not all that long ago built club shop would have to go as well....along with The Albert, The Park and that church probably - and can't see how that happens.

Article also talks about the issues that would arise with the corners and the supports.

Article:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/06/why-liverpool-wont-be-expanding-anfield-further-after-the-anfield-road-end/amp/

• Upvote 2