You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

15 hours ago, Trumo said:

Engineering-wise, there are probably a number of solutions. The issues are whether permission will be granted, but mostly of the cost. To have the same number of seats as the current Kop, but with more modern spacing dimensions and facilities, means the stand's footprint would have to be a lot bigger anyway. Is it worth all the trouble and expense if it doesn't bring in a significant amount more money than at present?

The option I would want would be a lot more seats as I’m not concerned for more modern facilities. FSG would want corporate in there to justify it but that’s the last thing I would want in the fucking kop.

Alart from the Albert there isn’t much that wouldn’t look better after being knocked down on that road, in that area. They should get the people who built the Dortmund version on the payroll.

Everything is possible if you chuck enough money at it but then you have to consider the cost and structural issues.

In my opinion, it isnt reasonably feasible to reposition the main stand roof truss at the ARE. The stand has been designed that way for a reason. For one, the roof and trussses are far bigger than those at Dortmund prior to their redevelopment. You'd also have to shift the one at the Kop end because there's a massive beam structure holding up the roof and, that cannot be at a jaunty angle from one end of the stand to the other.

With modern engineering techniques, they might be able to jack up the whole of the SKD roof and maybe add another 10 or 12 rows at the back. They'd still be within the boundary of the club's land but people in the Skerries and Wylva Roads would likely object.

The club missed a great opportunity to increase its footprint when it built the then Centenary Upper and should have flattened the Skerries. But money was tighter then and Moores didnt really have a pot to piss in and only underwrote the build contributing not a single penny to it.

Similarly with the Kop. Someone claimed it could be squared off without changing the roof. Nope, that would have to be jacked up substantially so people at the back could see anything. I think talk of re routing Walton Beck which is a far busier road than Anfield Road is, is just fanciful. The amount of money buying out number of businesses affected would be prohibitive alone.

P_20160423_142618.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 16/06/2021 at 13:39, Preston Red said:

Never considered that. I thought they could maybe work round it but if the main men say it's not do-able then I'll take their word for it.

Cheers for pointing it out.

Thought Dortmund got round the same truss issue? If the money and the wills there of course it’s possible.

On 17/06/2021 at 12:17, dockers_strike said:

You'd also have to shift the one at the Kop end because there's a massive beam structure holding up the roof and, that cannot be at a jaunty angle from one end of the stand to the other.

Repped for jaunty angle. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What are the odds we finish the ARE before they even break ground on BMD?

Think they will be talking about a new stadium somewhere else by then. Five years and they've done absolutely nothing. Just drawings, public consultations and never ending Echo articles.

58 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We must be one of the few clubs in the PL who still have away fans behind the goal. Fucking moral high horse fc and guardians of football have stuck away fans in the lower bullens.

Out of sight from the cameras 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Leicester will announce this expansion to the King Power tomorrow at a public event. 

FB_IMG_1628720253359.jpg

Obviously took this as their inspiration…

E78E3E90-8E3A-4338-BFFD-88FB3E0468B4.png

Think their current capacity is c.32k. What are they looking at expanding to?

• 3 weeks later...