You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

Soz, had to take the old girl shopping then daughter in law called to say she had a flat tyre!

Im presuming the club have pumped £20m into SP with the Isla Gladstone pavillion refurb plus other initiatives that we havent trumpeted about unlike moral high horse fc.

So we got our approval and the work will still be finished before the shite even start their unicorn stadium. 61,000 capacity and although not part of this application, staying at Anfield is what most fans would have hoped for.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Is that just another term for safe standing? 

Yeah.

Not sure how accurate rumour is, i'd imagine if anything in it, it will be about looking at it/opening dialogue with Hillsborough familoes etc as opposed to 'its happening'

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah.

Not sure how accurate rumour is, i'd imagine if anything in it, it will be about looking at it/opening dialougue with Hillsborough familoes etc as opposed to 'its happening'

I think the continued position is objection to it. At this point, although I have the utmost respect for those families, I think it's clearly safer than what happens currently. If everybody stayed seated all the time, no probs. But they don't. And it's dangerous as fuck. I'm sure I'm not alone in having experienced shin fuckery and 'travelled three rows down and fallen into a heap' syndrome. At this point, I think you just have to go with what's safest. That has to be the priority. Just my view on it and not meant to belittle the views of the families. 

• Upvote 1

I've always been slightly dubious by the argument against safe standing - as it always seemed to offer the authorities a route out of responsibility e.g. it wasn't safe to start with, so really it was always out of our control what happened. Safe standing does work in Germany and it should be an option here. As others have said the emphasis is upon 'safe'. That is its primary focus. 

It is not for me, I like my comforts - I like sitting down. 

A few things I found out on the recent stadium tour. ( according to the tour guide so not exactly gospel)
On safe standing the club will always remain quiet and near the back of the queue on the issue due to the sensitivity of the issue.

The grounds men and Klopp are in constant tension about the state of the pitch. The grounds men think it’s the best it’s ever been and are pulling their hair out at the criticism. Klopp is unhappy with it and has demanded it’s torn up each summer.  You can probably guess his opinion on the music events held at Anfield. A revolutionary new way of growing grass ( yes, really) has been implemented recently, were artificial grass is placed on the pitch, real grass seeds bind to it and then it grows quicker ( artificial grass then removed).

In the dressing room Milner is so ultra professional he complains bitterly about the smallest thing being out of place, as it takes focus off the game. He went mad when a magnetic ring was left on the wall ( for the tourists head set thing) he thinks fans shouldn’t be allowed in the changing rooms. Also he complained the locker doors were an awkward height and the next day they were all changed. He and Hendo are the players spokesmen and what they say has huge influence.

The club analyst has his own seat high up, he edits the first half mistakes and good bits and sends it straight to the massive screen in the dressing room for Klopp to show the players at half time.

Anyway here’s a pic of a dug up Anfield. They are installing real grass at the sides as it used to be Astro turf but Origi caught his studs on it once and pulled a muscle.

B3914FFC-D438-4A28-964A-D4906150B76D.jpeg

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Hopefully the club have spoken to the families before making the announcement. That’s not to say the families should have a veto over of this but the club should have at least spoken to them. 

Sent them letters....

In hindsight, when Firmino scored at Spurs in Jan’20, it was very restrictive celebrating.

Ultimately, it’s safer because there will be significantly chance of ending up in the row in front when we score. Which is also part of the fun.

42 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

On the Echo, club to run safety trial on rail seating. Personally, Im against it. I would imagine the club has spoken to the families and if they are OK with it. Im not going to shout my objections.

Out of interest, why are you against it mate? 

I agree with Col on this.