You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

They didn't own all the houses on skerries rd though did they? I think you're right though, they can't go back there without that.

To be honest I think the club will be happy to stop at 60ish k. They want to ensure demand outstrips supply as that's one of the big things that allows them to get away with those fan paid hospitality gigs. They've been really successful in the main stand because they never get the corporate ST uptake they wanted. And while people can't get tickets, loads are willing to pay 350 quid a match to sit in there. 

You’re right come to think of it but it still seemed negligent. That side of the ground will be the next due for an extension or upgrade. I’m all in favour of safe standing on the Kop though.

Interesting little snippet in my latest email from my CLP. Not the 1st time the club and LCC have been less than transparent. 

Save the Trees 

Some of you may have seen the recent Echo article that highlighted concerns that have been raised about the LFC stand expansion and its impact on Stanley Park; of particular concern is the removal of sixteen trees to make a new entrance off Dahlia Walk. These changes weren't included in the original plans that went out to consultation. LCC has recently committed to greater transparency and work closely Field and Trust to keep its green spaces safe for perpetuity. To see these destroyed and a new layout to our historic Grade 2 park implemented without proper democratic consultation is extremely worrying and not a good look at all.

We will be protesting these plans.

Where: Dahlia Walk, by the entrance opposite the Arkles pub.

When: 12 noon, Sunday, 13th June.

Not every protest takes place on a sunny afternoon in the park. Come and join us!

Apparently Anfield Road has been fenced off for enabling works, all ready for when we get the nod on Tuesday morning. 

Meanwhile, this weather has probably evaporated some of the water from Slaveholding Bastard Dock, so that's sort of progress, I suppose. 

• Upvote 2

I very much doubt 'work' is being done on the 'Food \ Fan Zone' on Annie Road is building work especially as planning permission hasnt been given yet.

I suspect what is being done is core samples or similar type of work being done to determine the type of ground the stand will be built on, depth of footings etc.

Councillor simic is asking why 'we' are allowing Stanley Park to be 'changed' and present's a child's drawing of trees. Perhaps she wasnt listening when the club said it would re plant 25 trees and give the council money for 45 others?

The club will take steps to ensure a total of 70 trees will be planted in Stanley Park to replace around 27 that will have to removed as part of the plans.

Club says some trees do need to be removed to allow outside broadcast area to be enlarged, to meet UEFA requirements.

Says they will be replaced in slightly more sheltered positions. Says club has worked closely with tree officers of council to identity/modify plans as much as possible to retain and protect trees.

Says tree removal plans were amended following discussions with councillor officers, and says correct plans are now available on council website.

She adds that there are no "physical works" in Stanley Park other than two new points of access.

• Like 1

Councillor Hanson asks "Can you go away and revisit the issue to see if there is another way around" it?

Club respond

original plans outlined need for 20 trees to be removed.

Council feedback was provided - they felt further trees needed to be looked at for removal.

Over the past 3 or 4 weeks, Ms Ryan says there have been extensive discussions between the council and club.

Minor changes to the public realm plan have been put in place as a result.

She says that the council's team are taking a "more cautious" approach than the club's team.

She says the club have accepted the view that the council's advisors have taken, and have agreed to plant more trees in their own land and provide payment to mitigate the loss of what may now be up to 27 trees overall.

Fucking hell, according to my maths, 43 extra trees are to be planted in a total of 70 yet they're going on about 25 being cut down?

Councillor Dave Cummings says there is a "massive amount of smoke and mirrors" at play here.

Says to the club: "I'm pleading with you to go back to the public and have a further consultation on that issue".

Concern remains around the number of trees being removed and how much is essential.

There's a net gain of over 40 trees FFS.

Cllr Cummings: "I'm not going to support this planning application if you do not engage with the public."

He adds there has been "smoke and mirrors and ambiguity" over the tree issue, which he does not like.

Like where's the 'smoke and mirrors' Dave? Or cant you do maths never mind listen to what's being said?

Council Planning Officer responds

"In the planning balance, we are accepting that this is an acceptable proposal". Ms Collins says that although trees inevitably need to be removed, the replanting of trees offers mitigation.

"We took a conscious decision that reconsultation in the context of this major application for an additional seven trees" would not have been of further advantage.

• Upvote 1

They are really getting hung up about these trees.

asks about numbers of tree replacements.

Ms Collins says replacement trees fall into two categories.

She say the trees within LFC's ownership, there are 16 to go and they will be replaced within the site at a ratio of between 1:1 and 2:1.

She says the usual policy is 2:1, but because of the standards of replacement, the council are satisifed there will be a "higher quality" of trees.

The others that fall over the boundary into the park will be replaced by the city council itself, by way of securing a financial contribution from LFC.

That will be on a scale of a contribution per 10cm diameter of tree lost.

So a "more mature tree" might be replaced by a "financial contribution for five trees".

Cllr Key asks: "Why are LFC being let off the usual obligation of planting two for one?"

Ms Collins says it is not the club being "let off" as such - she says the 2:1 replacement is a starting point, but if the quality of provision is of a high standard, the council's tree officers can take the view that it is sufficient to meet the required standards.

24 minutes ago, Jockey said:

But where are the local dogs going to shit? I can't believe the club are thinking of encroaching on dog shitting ground. 

It has a massive fucking car park behind the ground - moving trees is irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Goodison.

This. It's a fucking disgrace the area around goodison. Dirty scruffy bastards.