You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

• 1 month later...

Interesting comments given by Moore. Nice to have an indication that the club are thinking bigger...

"That is insufficient for our plans. We're continuing to analyze what is the optimum number," he said. "I think in the next few months you're going to hear from us as regards to what those plans will be. I can tell you definitively it won't be the rather small-to-medium plans we had recently."

https://www.modbee.com/entertainment/celebrities/article233080707.html

13 hours ago, Red '84 said:

Interesting comments given by Moore. Nice to have an indication that the club are thinking bigger...

"That is insufficient for our plans. We're continuing to analyze what is the optimum number," he said. "I think in the next few months you're going to hear from us as regards to what those plans will be. I can tell you definitively it won't be the rather small-to-medium plans we had recently."

https://www.modbee.com/entertainment/celebrities/article233080707.html

Hopefully that shuts the cryarses up about the lack of Annie Road development. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Hopefully that shuts the cryarses up about the lack of Annie Road development. 

It’s far too vague. I think it’s good people are holding them to account myself.

they may well just be deflecting criticism of the planning permission date expiring in September 

It has always been easier for redevelopment for United at Old Trafford thanks to Adolph's air force allowing redevelopment away from too many residential areas. Throw in their transport links and their development was ready made. They are barely even in Manchester for fuck's sake. They were extremely lucky off the pitch with development issues while LFC have more considerations.

manchester united had the benefit of having their ground in an industrial estate. When businesses around them closed down or moved away because the ship canal fell into decline, they had acres of room to expand except on one side that was near to the railway line.

I dont for one minute think the quiet transfer window has anything to do with potential ARE development. It's still a couple of years in the future to any build and the suggestion just doesnt stack up.

The development is going to have to go back a long way to get another 8000 seats in. The Main Stand added that number and a bit more and look how big that is. It is good they are ditching the plan to just stick another 4000 on and bring the capacity to about 58500. Suggests to me they are looking at 60,000 minimum and maybe 62,000.

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

68,000 is the absolute limit the club can go to without contribution to the local transport infrastructure. 

I think it will be around 62/63,000 if it goes ahead. 

Isn't it 58000 - the limit without contribution to local transport infrastructure?

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php%3ft=210414&page=558&amp=1

Been following the thread on Skyscrapercity. This page refers to a study that said that the area can cope with 68,000. I think that would be too much myself as the area would be busy for ages before and after the game.

If the blues ever fuck off it could create a bit of space for the increased crowds. 

It's a pipe dream, albeit a worthy one, to think Anfield can be extended beyond 64,000 without industrial scale reshaping of the landscape. There's simply no existing room excluding Annie Road.

To extend the Kop requires a swath of buildings to be knocked down and Walton Breck re aligned. OK, that isnt something that cannot be done but the cost would dwarf the Main Stand cost by the time you've had inquiries, paid compensation and dug up and re routed utilities such as gas, leccie, sewage and telephone piping etc.

You'd probably have to tear down the Kop stand as it is since it likely wasnt designed for substantially more weight on that footprint.

The SKD Upper 'might' be expandable by jacking up the roof and adding a max 10 rows. Even that would impact the neighbouring houses. As for costs goodness knows how much but just about any stadium expansion costs a minimum £80m-£100m these days. I just cannot see Skerries Road being knocked down now.

I've thought a rip down of the kop and Annie road was the way forward for years. Unfortunately I think the new plans for the area will mean we can never change the footprint of the kop, so that's fucked. Not that it makes any difference, as I don't think there's any interest in the club in more expansion. They like it how it is, massively over subscribed. 

14 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I've thought a rip down of the kop and Annie road was the way forward for years. Unfortunately I think the new plans for the area will mean we can never change the footprint of the kop, so that's fucked. Not that it makes any difference, as I don't think there's any interest in the club in more expansion. They like it how it is, massively over subscribed. 

Just a shame no one noticed this in the 90s making it known we needed a new stadium. 

Oh. 

We could easily fill 80k and in my opinion could fill 100k when we are going well so 64-68k is a lot less than i would have liked. Still better than 54k i suppose.

If there was a was a way of increasing the skd it would be class. I'd love if it mirrored the main stand symetrically but obviously unless our owners throw money at it, that's very very unlikely and could be years in the making given how time consuming it would be.

30 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

We could easily fill 80k and in my opinion could fill 100k when we are going well so 64-68k is a lot less than i would have liked. Still better than 54k i suppose.

If there was a was a way of increasing the skd it would be class. I'd love if it mirrored the main stand symetrically but obviously unless our owners throw money at it, that's very very unlikely and could be years in the making given how time consuming it would be.

No chance, 

25 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

No chance, 

There are a few thousand irish coming over every home game and a lot of norwegians also. Most of them are coming on tour groups. Throw in Dutch, germans etc that is a massive number. If they could get tickets through member's sales then more of them would be coming even more regularly than they do.

Football tourism is going to become even bigger in the coming years from the asian market. Rich koreans, japanese and chinese who want to fly over and see their team will become an even bigger market. I see a lot more fans of this type than 5 or 6 years ago. Our current team and last year's success only grows this.

We haven't even mentioned the thousands of people from Liverpool who struggle to get tickets for home games and who would flock to the games if it was possible for them to get tickets. Throw in all the other people across britain and i don't think it's a stretch to see us filling 80k.