You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

Ta. Im not convinced by that 'official '53075. More like a guestimate I reckon. Cant see someone coming up with 53075 during the game only for it to now be bang on the officialfigure. They say they sold all the tickets but they clearly didnt sell the obstructed views in the Main Stand corner \ ARE roof stanchion.

Something I was surprised about on Saturday is we've move the touchline in a little. It much, but I reckon a yard or two. We already had a narrow pitch, so I was surprised by that.

We havent. Its the original paddock wall that's moved to make the pitch look a bit further away.

They'd have to do both sides to keep the position symetrical and the touchline on the Centenary side is in exactly the same position marked by the artificial grass edge.

• Downvote 1

Ta. Im not convinced by that 'official '53075. More like a guestimate I reckon. Cant see someone coming up with 53075 during the game only for it to now be bang on the officialfigure. They say they sold all the tickets but they clearly didnt sell the obstructed views in the Main Stand corner \ ARE roof stanchion.

We havent. Its the original paddock wall that's moved to make the pitch look a bit further away.

They'd have to do both sides to keep the position symetrical and the touchline on the Centenary side is in exactly the same position marked by the artificial grass edge.

Had an argument with a mate about this. When I tried to explain how it was still possible because the longitudinal axis of the pitch just has to move half the distance the touchline did he threw a fit and accused me trying to move the goalposts to suit my argument.

The pitch WIDTH is regulation size, it's the pitch length which is a touch short. Also, the Main Stand itself is completely centred - it's the tunnel which is off-centre so there's no point extending the pitch towards the ARE end just to centre it in line with the tunnel as the rest of the stand, including the camera gantry, will be off-centre.

If the Main Stand is indeed the beginning of a (very) gradual overhaul of the rest of the ground, I still think the best way to increase the pitch size is to raise the pitch level so that it's in line with the current 2nd or 3rd row of the stand. This would become the new front row. The tunnel currently has no steps leading out to the pitch but such a change would require some steps to be installed. Given that the tunnel is pretty long, there is still space for this.

What you'd basically have is a bit more distance between touchline and stand for the side stands, and less of an increase in distance for the stands behind the goals. Since any work on the stands is geared towards increasing capacity, the loss of seating from the existing front couple of rows would be more than offset by the gain in capacity further back.

• Upvote 1

We have. I've sat in my seat in the kop for over 20 years and my seat was always dead on the line. It no longer is. So either they moved my seat in the kop along with the wall on the main stand, or the touchline moved. I know which one I'd pick.

• Upvote 1

Had an argument with a mate about this. When I tried to explain how it was still possible because the longitudinal axis of the pitch just has to move half the distance the touchline did he threw a fit and accused me trying to move the goalposts to suit my argument.

You can blame Dave and the inability to rep from my phone for you still being at zero rep for that. I liked it!

• 5 months later...

Okay, so disabled seats increase by 150, we lose 1000 in the Centenary lower, but gain 450 seats in the Kop. a loss of 400 places.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/252663-lfc-confirms-stadium-accessibility-plans-for-2017-18-season

It doesn't look like the ARE is going to be done any time soon.

So we'll max out now for games at less than 53,000.

Okay, so disabled seats increase by 150, we lose 1000 in the Centenary lower, but gain 450 seats in the Kop. a loss of 400 places.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/252663-lfc-confirms-stadium-accessibility-plans-for-2017-18-season

It doesn't look like the ARE is going to be done any time soon.

The club has said before that the capacity will not reduce as they'll mitigate the additional disabled seating. The article states 1000 seats will be displaced not lost.

I really dont see how your panic induced hyperbole that the ARE isnt being done anytime soon stands since that development would add a 3rd tier on to it. Increasing the disable bays doesnt impact the ARE development.

• Downvote 1

The club has said before that the capacity will not reduce as they'll mitigate the additional disabled seating. The article states 1000 seats will be displaced not lost.

I really dont see how your panic induced hyperbole that the ARE isnt being done anytime soon stands since that development would add a 3rd tier on to it. Increasing the disable bays doesnt impact the ARE development.

If the centenary is not being expanded, how can the provision of extra bays not result in lost seating capacity there?

If the ARE were imminent, surely the extra disabled provision could be provided there with no need for loss of seating/re-profiling?

If the centenary is not being expanded, how can the provision of extra bays not result in lost seating capacity there?

If the ARE were imminent, surely the extra disabled provision could be provided there with no need for loss of seating/re-profiling?

Im not party to the club's plans. Im presuming the club will introduce measures that current mean 3 or 4 rows of seats currently out of action per game due to the segregation in the Anny Road lower can be used each match day.

Also, currently each of the disabled bays in the ARE lower occupies two seats ie they are unused during games as a wheelchair is parked in front of them. These seats may be returned to general use.

There are also unsold restricted views in the main Stand \ anny road wing that are currently not being sold each match day due to the severely obstructed view.

When these measures were first announced a few months ago, the club said capacity would not be reduced or lost and they'd mitigate the changes.

Are you seriously suggesting the extra disabled bay provisions could be placed in the ARE existing tier or new 3rd tier when added or, that adding extra provision in the existing lowest level will hinder development!? Nah, I dont think that's gonna fly.

The club are moving visiting fans from the Main Stand side of the ARE to the Centenary Side.

Im not party to the club's plans. Im presuming the club will introduce measures that current mean 3 or 4 rows of seats currently out of action per game due to the segregation in the Anny Road lower can be used each match day.

Also, currently each of the disabled bays in the ARE lower occupies two seats ie they are unused during games as a wheelchair is parked in front of them. These seats may be returned to general use.

There are also unsold restricted views in the main Stand \ anny road wing that are currently not being sold each match day due to the severely obstructed view.

When these measures were first announced a few months ago, the club said capacity would not be reduced or lost and they'd mitigate the changes.

Are you seriously suggesting the extra disabled bay provisions could be placed in the ARE existing tier or new 3rd tier when added or, that adding extra provision in the existing lowest level will hinder development!? Nah, I dont think that's gonna fly.

The club are moving visiting fans from the Main Stand side of the ARE to the Centenary Side.

There may be the opportunity to shuffle the pack as you suggest in your first four paras.

I am suggesting that a new ARE offers the opportunity to provide further disabled provision, as no confirmation of exact build, or capacity, has been offered. You imply that a third tier will simply be "bolted on". Maybe that is what they might do - but I would be astonished if that cost £60m.

There may be the opportunity to shuffle the pack as you suggest in your first four paras.

I am suggesting that a new ARE offers the opportunity to provide further disabled provision, as no confirmation of exact build, or capacity, has been offered. You imply that a third tier will simply be "bolted on". Maybe that is what they might do - but I would be astonished if that cost £60m.

We'll have to see. I just dont see the changes they are making to conform with requirements for disabled bays (Ive long said the current positions at pitch level are inadequate for wheel chair bound fans) as having an impact on the decision to extend ARE or not.

Im convinced that decision will be based on the attendances now the new Main Stand is open over a season or so. I think they still have a year left on the outline planning application for ARE?

Ive been quite surprised we've maintain high 52,000s - 53,000s even for the cup games against lower league oppos. Lots of people forecast we'd only get 30,000s and the stadium would look 'half empty.'

Ah, that myth again. Presumably the sensible pricing structure would pay for the stadium expansion to 65k and required infrastructure in short order while not impinging on the ability to splash out on the not just better than average players but the absolute top players some fans demand we recruit?

Ah, that myth again. Presumably the sensible pricing structure would pay for the stadium expansion to 65k and required infrastructure in short order while not impinging on the ability to splash out on the not just better than average players but the absolute top players some fans demand we recruit?

David Moores is that you ? 

Why do people get sucked in by the troll? Jesus. He makes about as much sense as my bird, who says, "why do you buy a season ticket if it costs you money up front". He defends the ownership structure at all costs and thinks anyone who questions it is the equivalent as a nasty lefty who supports remaining in the EU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1