You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

Is it me being anal or is anyone else concerned, for want of a better word,about the new camera angle. The view from the current angle is the view 99.9% of us fans have of anfield. I hope they'll keep it somewhat similar.

It'll be same height but much further back sadly so it's gonna look very strange.Instead of it hanging over paddock / touch line itll basically be at back of main stand.itll appear lower/ flatter.

I think it'd be better to put it on Centeenary were radio/5live com box is.kop would be to left but still a better view.i remember for some reason sky had a reverse angle camera on centeenary when Ince equalised at Kop end in 1999.the kop looked fuckin boss!

It'll be same height but much further back sadly so it's gonna look very strange.Instead of it hanging over paddock / touch line itll basically be at back of main stand.itll appear lower/ flatter.

I think it'd be better to put it on Centeenary were radio/5live com box is.kop would be to left but still a better view.i remember for some reason sky had a reverse angle camera on centeenary when Ince equalised at Kop end in 1999.the kop looked fuckin boss!

Cameras do have zoom lenses.

Guest Super Sub

You get a shallower depth of field, a narrower viewing angle and reduced image stability using zoom, so not quite that simple.

They use software to improve image stability plus if you zoom to the area where the camera before hand you will have the same angle as you had previously and not a wider angle that you would have with a camera farther away from the pitch.

They use software to improve image stability plus if you zoom to the area where the camera before hand you will have the same angle as you had previously and not a wider angle that you would have with a camera farther away from the pitch.

Zooms have a narrower viewing angle. If you move the camera back far enough to recreate the original area, you've lost your zoom ability, lost even more depth of field, and decreased image stability.

Software image stabilisation's a last resort. It's no match for true stability, especially not in a broadcast camera. No matter what type of camera you have though, the longer the lens (zoom) the less stable the image.

Guest Super Sub

Zooms have a narrower viewing angle. If you move the camera back far enough to recreate the original area, you've lost your zoom ability, lost even more depth of field, and decreased image stability.

Software image stabilisation's a last resort. It's no match for true stability, especially not in a broadcast camera. No matter what type of camera you have though, the longer the lens (zoom) the less stable the image.

If the camera is further back that the original camera then it will have a wider viewing angle because it is further away from the pitch which its viewing. The camera will have more zoom on it in order to give an angle that is closer to the pitch, all in all it is a broad as it is long. Most if not all cameras have stabilisation software as they move when people jump and move around on the stadium. The new camera positions in the stadium aren't going to be much further away anyway as the are going to be placed in the new corporate area that is being created in the new main stand.

Here's why you can't just zoom in from further back:and get the same image

Nm4ALbl.jpg

The second problem is that of course all cameras shake, but the greater the focal length, each mm of shake becomes multiplied, so a small tremor on a 50mm lens might result in a relatively small blurring on the image, but the same shake on a 200mm lens will result in significantly more blurring.

Most of the image stabilisation in a broadcast quality cam is optical / mechanical stabilisation. Digital image stabilisation is the last resort.

We're getting a bit technical here, and I'm sure Liverpool will have no problems finding a good angle, but still, you can't just move further back and zoom in and get the same image if you're trying to capture a 3d space (not a 3d image). You could only do it if you were trying to capture a flat (2d) image on a wall.

Guest Super Sub

Posted Image

The second problem is that of course all cameras shake, but the greater the focal length, each mm of shake becomes multiplied, so a small tremor on a 50mm lens might result in a relatively small blurring on the image, but the same shake on a 200mm lens will result in significantly more blurring.

Most of the image stabilisation in a broadcast quality cam is optical / mechanical stabilisation. Digital image stabilisation is the last resort.

We're getting a bit technical here, and I'm sure Liverpool will have no problems finding a good angle, but still, you can't just move further back and zoom in and get the same image if you're trying to capture a 3d space (not a 3d image). You could only do it if you were trying to capture a flat (2d) image on a wall.

Okay then I stand corrected and bow down to your superior knowledge.

Nm4ALbl.jpg

I'm not 100% certain and you'll almost certain know more, but I think the main TV camera at the Etihad is at the front of the third tier of the main stand, just like Anfield will have. So the TV picture won't be too dissimilar to how the view looks at the Etihad. The 3-tier profiles at the two stadiums are not identical and the Etihad's stand is further from the pitch than Anfield's main stand, but the difference appears to be negligible.

I had coffee again. You know that I can't tolerate caffeine. I HAVE SAID THIS FUCKING BEFORE. AS I HAVE BEEN ASKING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, ANY NEWS about the redevelopment Anfield Road stand? ANY NEWS? TELL ME! Reply! NOW!

or was it another disgusting FSG lie? like their fake parade of World Class players and manager and CEO they have promised.

I want to laugh loud on the face of every FSG and YESman apologist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Brilliant... and somehow they will conclude that they should not expand it.

They are probably ripping off the club with overinflated construction costs. Maybe the Anfield Road expansion won't offer them a decent fee.

I would headbutt each one of their gang.

Question is, though: Who's penis would you have in your mouth at the time?

Brilliant... and somehow they will conclude that they should not expand it.

They are probably ripping off the club with overinflated construction costs. Maybe the Anfield Road expansion won't offer them a decent fee.

I would headbutt each one of their gang.

Vivian out of the young ones?

Courtesy of RMB2007 on Skyscrapercity:

Currently the main stand holds just over 12,000. Once reprofiled the capacity will be reduced to 9,428. 

Add the new middle and upper tier to the reprofiled lower tier, and the redeveloped main stand will have a capacity over 20,000.

Courtesy of @Redrazor20:

COjW4nmWoAE4NiV.jpg

COjW4n9WcAEMfRA.jpg

If you look at the new concrete terracing being built, you can see the two lower-level exit tunnels. These are at the front of the upper tier, either side of the TV camera gantry. You can also see the existing camera gantry suspended beneath the Main Stand roof, so the difference in position between the two gives you some idea of how different the view will come across on TV.

You get a shallower depth of field, a narrower viewing angle and reduced image stability using zoom, so not quite that simple.

Nm4ALbl.jpg

bxOtRAQ.gif

Ever since the stadium model went on display (in the reception of the Centenary Stand apparently), I've wondered why it suggests that the player's tunnel will be on the halfway line along with the benches, when all the planning documents and news reports clearly state that the benches will be moved to halfway and the tunnel will remain where it is, but much bigger.

Courtesy of @CMGilfoyle:

7ZuYkIm.jpg

Is it an oversight by whoever created the model, or something that is going to be done as part of the re-profiling of the existing part of the Main Stand?