You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

That answers one of the questions I had about the redevelopment. I hope that the plans will allow for some more future remodelling of the existing internal infrastructure, maybe in the form of new changing rooms and player/officials facilities.

Ground Level

The expanded ground level will be reconfigured to improve the players, officials and media areas including a secure players' coach drop off and VIP parking beneath the podium. It will include a central production kitchen and new staff and operational areas.

Are the demands not there now? Ive heard the waiting list for tickets is massive and then there are countless fans who would also like one not on the list.

60k is not enough imo and it seems a lot of money spent for not that many seats added, we could easily fill a 70k stadium imo.

many of those on the waiting list already go the game and the club don't actually know how many would get take up.

It is in FSG's interests to keep capacity under supply, enabling them to squeeze the maximum out of the new tickets.

I wonder how attractive the view from the upper tier of the Main Stand will actually be? The upper tier of the North Stand at OT is far from the best view at the ground.

• Upvote 1

It is in FSG's interests to keep capacity under supply, enabling them to squeeze the maximum out of the new tickets.

I wonder how attractive the view from the upper tier of the Main Stand will actually be? The upper tier of the North Stand at OT is far from the best view at the ground.

Repped for still calling it the North Stand

• Upvote 1

It is really shit. But when it was the Kemlyn Road it was even worse.

I'd love to see the Kop double in size. It would require a remodelling of the road layout, but it isn't out of the question.

The lower tier of the Centenary, which is still the profile of the original Kemlyn is indeed crippling on the knees.

as for the Kop, I guess you would have to make it a double decker which would take the unique single tier quality of it away.

The Centenary stand is uber shit, I'd love to see it replaced with something similar to the new main stand, that would be really imposing. I think that they would have to buy up all the houses in the street behind the one which was once the Kemyln Road.

As for the Kop, if it was extended the road layout behind would probably have to be altered but the club shop, ticket office and Paisley Gates looke like they will be moved on those renders. Would be good if it was made really steep like one of Dortmunds stands.

The Centenary stand is uber shit, I'd love to see it replaced with something similar to the new main stand, that would be really imposing. I think that they would have to buy up all the houses in the street behind the one which was once the Kemyln Road.

As for the Kop, if it was extended the road layout behind would probably have to be altered but the club shop, ticket office and Paisley Gates looke like they will be moved on those renders. Would be good if it was made really steep like one of Dortmunds stands.

I echo the sentiment of the Centenary stand being dog shit. Full of moaning little twats, an all.

Steep = shit like the Centenary once the money men have got their hands on the number of seats to squeeze into the stand.

Expanding the Kop would be a huge job. You'd have to knock down half of Donaldson and Hartnup and all of Venmore and Vienna because of the terraced housing unless you can safely knock down half a terrace these days.

Did I hear right that w need to expand or contribute towards greater transport links before we can expand on the 59k?

Yup. Anything above 60k and the club would have to contribute towards infrastructure. part of the reason why we are stopping at 58.8 k now. To go above the 60k, it would take even more time of planning and more money from our end.

• Upvote 1