You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson used to bite his tongue and choke on his vomit

matthewsamson

Difference now is that Ferguson runs English football, and now that he’s back talking to the BBC they will be sucking his cock harder then $5 truck stop whore who needs a fix. He answers to no one. The day he personally drove to the airport to pick up Berbatov, despite not having permission to speak to the lad and yet nothing was said in the press or by the FA was the final confirmation as to who is the boss of the English game.

He is virtually untouchable and can do what he wants. I genuinely think football will be quite different after Ferguson gets carried from the Man Utd bench feet first in about 10 years. The refs won’t be petrified to give decisions against his team for fear of having their personal lives dragged through every tabloid by Fergusons mates on his instruction. The FA will be gutted he’s gone as a strong Man Utd is great for commercial revenue for the league, but on the other side will no longer have to kowtow to him to keep him onside and so I truly think a fairer league will ensue.

English football is a very different beast, as are the two clubs spoken about in the piece from 1988.

Difference now is that Ferguson runs English football, and now that he’s back talking to the BBC they will be sucking his cock harder then $5 truck stop whore who needs a fix. He answers to no one. The day he personally drove to the airport to pick up Berbatov, despite not having permission to speak to the lad and yet nothing was said in the press or by the FA was the final confirmation as to who is the boss of the English game.

He is virtually untouchable and can do what he wants. I genuinely think football will be quite different after Ferguson gets carried from the Man Utd bench feet first in about 10 years. The refs won’t be petrified to give decisions against his team for fear of having their personal lives dragged through every tabloid by Fergusons mates on his instruction. The FA will be gutted he’s gone as a strong Man Utd is great for commercial revenue for the league, but on the other side will no longer have to kowtow to him to keep him onside and so I truly think a fairer league will ensue.

English football is a very different beast, as are the two clubs spoken about in the piece from 1988.

Top post JohnnyH, you nailed it.

He's gone Coop get over it.

Benitez's rant was ill timed and ill informed.

Couldn't be happier with the situation so hopefully that was said tongue in cheek.

It was ill timed but regarding ill informed i don't know about that.

The foundations were laid for people to back what Rafa was rightly claiming but instead the tables were turned on him.

Regardless of who made the rant everyone bottled it and carried on kissing Fergusons arse.

The essence of the 1988 article, at least Ferguson's part in it, could be from next weekend's papers. Obviously without the whingeing about us having monopolised for years, nowadays he doesn't bother saying why he thinks everyone is against them, he just bollocks the ref/FA/anyone publicly. He basically hasn't changed one bit.

Agree with those who are saying the game will be different when he is gone. I think a lot less of the really stinking stuff will go on in football in this country.

If it is Mourinho after him, you might regard these as the halcyon days!!!

But do you think the FA and Premier League would let him ride roughshod over them in the same way? I think that surely they must privately agree that the way he carries on is not in the best interests of the game, but their problem is that it's far too late to stop him now. With Mourinho or anyone else, they could nip his antics in the bud. I think I read something about how they are looking to change the ruling on what a manager can and can't say about a ref, for example, and that to me is an acknowledgement that they know some managers use such methods to gain an advantage.

To be fair the FA seemed to be growing a pair last season & charged him more in one season than they had previously in his tenure at Man Utd.

The main problem to me is with the referees who seem to think that not upsetting Man Utd is the key to getting bigger games ( They could be right ) and it isn't going to get better with Ferguson's fag, Riley, at the helm.

Given Mourinho's reaction to previous 'chastisements' my hopes aren't high!

And people seem to believe Ferguson's behaviour springs entirely from the man himself - and it's not a cynical manipulative bully fully exploiting the power of the club that stands behind him in every snide thing he says and does.

That isn't going to change any time soon.

In all fairness when the Liverpool manager spoke out against Ferguson he was attacked by Liverpool fans so what hope do we have that the FA or anyone else will say anything.

BA-DUM-DISH! Best post in 2011 and i hope all the fuckers that thought rafa was wrong talking against that piece of shit, hold their head in shame!

okey, enough said on the subject. i didn't read further then to coop.

Personally I love the way Kenny refers to him as "Fergie" which you just know really grates on the twat. None of this Sir Alex bullshit he's become accustomed to. When Fergie was playing and then later became a manager, Kenny was held in such higher esteem than he could ever have dreamed of. Regardless of his own achievements that envy he holds towards Kenny will always be there. Kenny is a timely reminder to "Fergie" of the young pretender to the King's throne he once was.

Whatever vocation the man would have gone into, he would have been a nasty piece of work.

He may have more medals than Kenny, Keegan and Wenger but he will never truly be loved by the supporters of each club.

St. Mirren have been the only club ever to sack Ferguson. He claimed wrongful dismissal against the club at an industrial tribunal but lost and was given no leave to appeal. According to a Billy Adams Sunday Herald article on 30 May 1999, the official version is that Ferguson was sacked for various breaches of contract including unauthorised payments to players.

He was counter-accused of intimidating behaviour towards his office secretary because he wanted players to get some expenses tax free. He didn't speak to her for six weeks, confiscated her keys and communicated only through a 17-year-old assistant. The tribunal concluded that Ferguson was "particularly petty" and "immature" . It was claimed during the tribunal by St. Mirren chairman, Willie Todd, that Ferguson had "no managerial ability".

He's gone Coop get over it.

Benitez's rant was ill timed and ill informed.

How on earth was it ill informed??!!!??

Neither was it ill timed. While the media has always seen this as a Rafa-losing-it moment, I think Rafa was far too sophisticated and calculated to do this without some hidden agenda in mind. This is after all a person who has been criticised by the media and even his own players for being too reserved and lack of passion, and it is hard to believe he would allow himself to lose it so easily. If you check the dates, this came a short while after our captain involved himself in the "Phil Collins" incident and the media was having a field day digging up all sorts of dirt to criticise him. I strongly believe that Rafa was doing that on purpose to divert the attention from his captain and in this regard I think he was successful.