You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Baddiel and Skinner Fantasy Football

Antynwa

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp

I got the video one Christmas off the Mrs with Pulp Fiction - was a boss Chrimbo morning. There was a Pheonix From The Ashes sketch reenacting the Keegan-Bremner scrap with the Leeds goalie in a Planet of the Apes chimp mask which had me howling. I loved it to be honest.

I loved it too. In fact I've got all of the series including the WC and Euro championships series - on DVDs. Anyone wants any of it (post cost only) just drop me a line.

Amongst my favs was the struggling Turkish commentator .... "And now it's STEVE MAC A MAC AMANAC MAM"

:yes:

Always remember the Jason Lee "pineapple on his head" gags. Apparently Lee wrote in complaining as it was badly affecting his confidence. He eventually ended up getting rid of the daft hair cut.

Also the "make your own World Cup trophy" by holding a turnip in your hand and dunking your arm in a bowl of custard!

Not to forget the stadium in Mexico 86 with the giant spider (strange looking floodlight reflection) on the pitch!

Thought they were bringing it back again when I saw this thread.

• 9 months later...
I loved it too. In fact I've got all of the series including the WC and Euro championships series - on DVDs. Anyone wants any of it (post cost only) just drop me a line.

Amongst my favs was the struggling Turkish commentator .... "And now it's STEVE MAC A MAC AMANAC MAM"

:yes:

Really?? I would love to have these on DVD!

I used to get really, really wound up when watching the re-enactments of famous football moments, because I was offended at how fucking shit Baddiel was at football.

He looks like he's never seen one before, much less kicked one in a straight line.

Yes, that is how much of a miserable, humourless twat I am.

He's not THAT bad, I played against him in the car park while bevvied up. I worked on FF Euro 2004 and met some dudes on that, most of them I can't remember now. Do remember nudging Ledley King on the shoulder in the green room and telling him how boss he was against France in the opening game, while playing DM.

Baddiel and Skinner are not very funny, Baddiel seems to have disappeared up his own arse in some crazed attempt to appear as a troubled novelist and poet, while Skinner is just one of those people who are hilarious when drunk, so he was fucked when he turned sober in 2002 or around then.

I remember Baddiel nicking my FF t-shirt because I asked for it to be printed ( for me) with my nickname at the time 'Portly'. Baddiel saw it on a chair and laughed and took it for himself, and Skinner tittered to a load of us " whos shirt is that then?". All the sycophant cunt assistant producers and researchers laughed in unison, because Skinner was laughing, and I just stayed quiet and rolled my eyes, I wasn't going to own up in front of them, I'd probably attract a couple of the cunts to me then in an attempt to be pally with the funnneeeee one who Baddiel and Skinner liked that time.

The show was embarrassing, 98% laughter-free. Not surprising when B and S were getting their material from sitting in an executive lounge watching every game with their associate funny men partners, wait for it, Hawksbee and Jacobs from Talkshite.

I could have worn a Woody Allen t-shirt and been adopted by the cunts.

I used to get really, really wound up when watching the re-enactments of famous football moments, because I was offended at how fucking shit Baddiel was at football.

He looks like he's never seen one before, much less kicked one in a straight line.

Yes, that is how much of a miserable, humourless twat I am.

I love a good irrational hatred, me.

?....... while Skinner is just one of those people who are hilarious when drunk, so he was fucked when he turned sober in 2002 or around then.

I think you just found him funnier back then, it had little to do with drink as i'm pretty sure he's actually been teetotal since the mid eighties.

Great show though, pity it's not still on.

The only 'Phoenix from the flames' that was new to me was the one from the Scotland v Germany game from the 60's where the Scot ( Tommy Gemmell ? ) went to batter a German player ( Haller ? ) and he actually ran away & it ended up like a Benny Hill sketch with Gemmell running after him.

Love to see it again.

Skinner is a grossly underrated comic, one of the funniest comedians we've produced in the last 30 years. Naturally funny, naturally sharp like Paul Merton, there aren't many around like that.

I watched some re-runs of his most recent chat show not long after my "turd" comment above which completely changed my mind about him. Very amusing and personable bloke although I stand by my opinion that he was a turd for a time.