You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tides change quickly in football, last season it was our turn to go through the shit, this time it's arsenal, in a couple of months it'll be someone else.

A spot on post this.

When they get their main players back and buy a decent centre half and an experienced central midfielder to play alongside Wilshere, then they will be fine, but will still finish behind us this season.

I'm writing them off. I think there's something fundamentally wrong at the club. They knew Fabregas was leaving long before he eventually did, and still failed to bring in some sort of replacement. Their board are telling all that will listen that they have this huge war-chest and yet apparently the answer is a £3m Korean forward/wide player of which they have many. Something doesn't add up and in my opinion, while I think Wenger has lost the plot, he's being made the fall guy.

RVP and Wilshere would both get into any side in the league. Gervinho could yet prove himself to be the buy of the summer and Walcott for his place alone is worth his place in any squad.

Ok firstly no they wouldn't. If RVP was that good City would have bought him. I mean they robbed them of Clichy and Nasri. He's alright but no world beater.

Wilshire is a very good prospect but "get into any side in the league" is taking it a bit far in my opinion. From what I saw of him he seems like the Arsenal DNA, great player but mentally lacking. He will a few red cards per season, can't control his head.

Then there is Walcott, has any player promised so much but done so little? He has pace but so does Linford Christie and I don't see him getting a game. You have to do something with your pace to be a player and he doesn't. Last week against us he might as well not been on the park. I think if Wenger phoned up Fergie, Kenny, AVB, Mancini and offered them Walcott I think all 4 would reply with a resounding no thanks. He might get a game at Villa or Spurs but he is not top top notch.

The tides change quickly in football, last season it was our turn to go through the shit, this time it's arsenal, in a couple of months it'll be someone else.

All it took was a change in club owners, a Sacking of the manager, and £150m of spending, and it's like it never happened...

Come on, Arsenal are in the shit unless they spend money. By 'shit', i mean the failing to qualify for the CL brand of shit, not relegation.

None of this is new though, it's been coming for the last few years, a steady decline in the depth of quality at the club, banking big fees and being unable to replace them adequately.

Yesterday was worse case scenario for them, but it's not as if the best case scenario is a lot better. Arsenal's first XI isnt exactly scary, that's the truth.

Oh and as for Gervinho "could yet be the buy of the summer" yeah maybe and maybe not too. Getting sent off on your debut isn't exactly the best way to start. Joe Cole started with a red card and look how that turned out.

Gervinho seems to be yet another "Arsenal" player in that they can't last a game without losing it and getting sent off.

I'm not writing off Arsenal, but their position in the table and their lack of points gives us a boost (as does the situation that Spurs find themselves in).

No doubt Arsenal will buy two or three top players, although TBH, their isn't much time left in the transfer window.

I saw the highlights of the Vermin-Arsenal game, and I must say, it's got to be the worst performance by Arsenal under Arsene Wenger EVER!!!

I still think they will be pushing us for 4th spot, but I reckon we are now favourites to finish in the top four, along with Vermin, Chavs and Citeh.

Edited by BestRed69

I don't understand how people still consider RVP as a superstar.

Despite serious injury problems he's one hell of a striker.

22 goals in 33 matches last year.

20 matches and 10 goals the year before...

20 goals in 44 matches the year before.

That's a great return for an oft injured player.

They have left it late to get the players in they need and they do need players, we all know which areas but can Wenger get them in.

I think we are in a much better position, stability and a good competitive squad, still a couple away to be really up there but we are in a much better place.

If in the next few days we get the young CB, that is one filled, if we can get in a decent forward brilliant, plus get rid of some of the deadwood, although we have done ok there.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
RVP and Wilshere would both get into any side in the league.

Nonsense. Wilshere has only just started getting in Arsenal's team, let alone any team in the league. He is a talent, but his one goal doesn't mean he is going to displace some of the genuinely world class players in this league.

You didn't answer my question: who are they going to replace? Which of Tevez, Aguero, Silva or Dzeko - the runnaway top scorer in the league - would he RvP replace?

Gervinho could yet prove himself to be the buy of the summer

He could, I guess, but so could many other players. He could also be the worst summer signing. Utterly pointless thing to say.

and Walcott for his place alone is worth his place in any squad.

Many Arsenal fans don't even want him in their squad, let alone walking into any squad in the league.

In short, you're talking bollocks. Arsenal have a couple of decent players and a couple of decent prospects.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They will finish in the top 5.

Oh, sorry, didn't realise that. My mistake, I take it all back.

Personally, I think they have a real chance of finishing outside the top 6.

Would anyone be surprised if they put in a sneaky late bid for Coates?

Their kind of price and player, in a position they need strengthening, and a proper dig at a top four rival to cheer up their fans. ;)

But why would he (or anyone) go to Arsenal when, clearly, they have serious problems? Not even CL football is a draw because they're not likely to last very long in that tournament.

Can't write anyone off after 3 games and when the transfer window is still open as well. Form is only temporary, class is permanent and they have some excellent attacking players who would walk into any premier league side.

Bar Van Persie not one of there attackers would get in any of United City and Chelsea side, and if I'm honest probably not ours either, Walcott is a maybe for us but nowhere near the other 3.

Wilshere is class though

Walcott wouldn't make our side. He's basically Ryan Babel with a bit more pace and less of a footballing brain. There's a good reason he's not especially popular with their fans.

As Lucas will always raise a laugh from opposition supporters who are convinced he's a poor player, Walcott will receive plaudits for faded, yellowed hype built on his early promise.