You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Free Sky multiroom?

lifetime fan

I'm sure I've seen sky multiroom advertised for free recently but can not find the advert anywhere.

On their website they want 200 notes just for a box and then just over a tenner a month, not exactly as appealing as getting it for free is it.

Does anyone else have multiroom and would they recommend it? Could I buy a box off ebay and then set that up in the bedroom?

We have multiroom, well, double room would be a more accurate description and then just Freeview on the other TVs in the house. I would like Sky on the TV in my bedroom and I'm sure my son would have it in his but we pay enough to those shysters already so that's it.

Not sure how the technolgy works but I'm sure it cant be just as simple as getting hold of another box otherwise everyone would do that, surely?

I know that they have changed it so you "only" pay £10 p/m extra no matter how many multi rooms subs you have. Also, they are pushing skygo as an alternative to multi room (can register 2 devices - laptop, pc, iphone, ipod, ipad) and watch whatever your sub is.

I think the change they made mate was that you only pay one £10.21pm payment for SkyHD so therefore if you have 3 SkyHD boxes in the house then you would only pay £10.21pm for them all to have HD.

They still charge for £10pm per box multi room though.

what about devices like an xbox and laptop, can't you have sky on up to 5 devices. I use my laptop in other rooms.

Hook a laptop up to the other tv

Haven't they changed it with this Sky GO that you can only have it on 2 devices now.

I'm sick of getting fucked about by Sky. We've had it for over 10 years and they won't give us fuck all. We're still on the old box with no Sky+ and none of the HD channels for £60 a month but my best mate, as a new customer, got everything including broadband and ESPN for about £70.

I rang up and they're quoting me 90 odd quid to get all that. We got a letter through from Virgin the other day offering it to us a lot cheaper so I'm going to get it switched in the next few days. When Sky ask why we're cancelling, I've got every intention of saying it's because Gary Neville is on the f******l. Let them stick that in their fucking database.

I'm sick of getting fucked about by Sky. We've had it for over 10 years and they won't give us fuck all. We're still on the old box with no Sky+ and none of the HD channels for £60 a month but my best mate, as a new customer, got everything including broadband and ESPN for about £70.

I rang up and they're quoting me 90 odd quid to get all that. We got a letter through from Virgin the other day offering it to us a lot cheaper so I'm going to get it switched in the next few days. When Sky ask why we're cancelling, I've got every intention of saying it's because Gary Neville is on the f******l. Let them stick that in their fucking database.

We get a hd box, 3 multi-room boxes, all the channels on each, sky broadband and sky talk for just over £100

Phone them up, tell them Virgin have offered you that package but say they have offered it at £20 a month less than they did.

Play the cunts off against each other.

we had a similar problem getting an upgrade to HD - when we went to disconnections the lad gave us what we wanted - he said after being a customer for over 7-8 years you are entitled to free installation/boxes etc but if they can get you to pay they will..if they say no to something we ring back a day later and get someone else who usually does the honours and sorts us out.

Phone them up, tell them Virgin have offered you that package but say they have offered it at £20 a month less than they did.

Play the cunts off against each other.

we had a similar problem getting an upgrade to HD - when we went to disconnections the lad gave us what we wanted - he said after being a customer for over 7-8 years you are entitled to free installation/boxes etc but if they can get you to pay they will..if they say no to something we ring back a day later and get someone else who usually does the honours and sorts us out.

Cheers, I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on.

Virgin in my experience seem to be waaay more expensive than sky or i'd sign up in a fucking heartbeat, for broadband alone.

Initially they are, or when you compare prices anyway.

Tell them Sky have offered you a package better than thiers and cheaper and ask them to match it, they will if you are a cheeky cunt.

I lied through my teeth to them and knocked about £40 off the deal sky were offering, when the lad said sky couldn't do that deal I accused him of calling me a liar and demanded to speak to his boss.

Lots of apologies later, new Virgin HD box and unbelievably quick broadband for peanuts.

I then move to the sticks and have to go back to the twats that are sky.

Can't believe some of the prices i'm seeing here £100+? Per Month? fuck that.....

I've built multimedia box, which i connect to various sites watch all the sports i want with perfect clarity, watch all the movies wish with a sub £5.99 (love films) download streams.... plus 100+ movie channel via veetle.

I can also record & pause, shift back in time upto 5 hours, on different channels while watching another (freeview) because i've installed x2 freeview cards.

I have everything with Sky. HD+ downstairs, Multiroom with recordable box upstairs, internet, phone line, phone package, all channels plus ESPN. It costs about £100 a month for it all. And for all that I still have to call them regularly when they fuck up on my account or I find someone paying £20 a month for a basic package getting better perks than me.

Can't move to Virgin and Sky know that. I live where there's no cable network so I can't bargain with them.

redsoxs what have you built??

Originally i bought a barebone Scaleo E (Fujitsu) about 3 yrs ago, which came with remote & wireless keyboard, then build it up from there....

example!!

FS Scaleo EVi 2535 Scaleo E Media Center PC HiFi Format | eBay

This is the same PC but allows you to use a more modern CPU than my own. You will need to buy the Remote & KB etc.....

Originally i bought a barebone Scaleo E (Fujitsu) about 3 yrs ago, which came with remote & wireless keyboard, then build it up from there....

example!!

FS Scaleo EVi 2535 Scaleo E Media Center PC HiFi Format | eBay

This is the same PC but allows you to use a more modern CPU than my own. You will need to buy the Remote & KB etc.....

just spotted this, which is worth a look.

MSI Media Live PC MS-6421-020 | eBay

Or if you're just think internet stream sites, not freeveiw or freesat then any pc with HDMI output will do the job.