You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...

Just can't see anything special in him tbh. A passenger we can't really afford if we're aiming for top 4. He isn't devoid of ability by any means, but doesn't influence games much, and his inability to pressure/tackle is something that annoys me. Not too often I agree with Silverlining, but regarding Henderson I'm afraid he's pretty much spot on:-(. Will be cheering him on whenever he puts on the red shirt, but I'm pretty shocked by the sheer amount of playing time he gets (esp when we have/have had better options on the bench in most instances - Maxi, Bellamy). He runs a lot and gives his all, perhaps he can develop into a decent CM in a couple of years, but I don't think we have the time to nurture him. I think Shelvey has much bigger potential, and would like to see him given more chances if we're playing the "waiting game".

In five minutes time, I will be strapped to a Wheel of Death and you will have a plate with some words and a knife and a fork. What I'm trying to say is you're going to eat your words.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I appreciate Jordan Henderson.

I've become a lover. Whilst I thought he was very stale under Kenny, I thought he was the one that could improve under Rodgers because he had the solid technique. However, it's more about his attitude and growing ability to run the game that has impressed me.

He has improved massively.  I'd say for the first 18 months he was here, he actually regressed from the player he was at Sunderland.  I'm not sure whether it was because the move unsettled him, he was overawed, or whatever, but while people could see he had the technique, he was often invisible during a game.  

Rodgers has obviously had a profound effect.  As I say, he's improved massively, and is now clearly playing at a higher level than he was at Sunderland.  He's taken on some responsibility, and his energy is irrepressible.  The best thing about him is his ability and willingness to learn.  He stlll has some way to go to be a top quality midfielder; though if he can acquire some composure and nerve in the final third, and further improve his decision making in the midfield, he will be one of our biggest assets for years to come.  

Same here. I always liked his attitude, so I'm made up he's the new vice captain. Think he's got it in him to do that sort of thing for the rest of his career. 

His performances were down on expectations at the beginning but he was a young lad at a big club just moved away from home so he probably needed as much time to settle as an older foreign player joining the league.

He's pushed on well since then though and I think missing him towards the end of last season definitely cost us the title more than anything. 

Whatever we're paying him it needs doubling. Despite the overall performance of the team I thought he was immens tonight.

Certainly not in the first half, which I just finished watching.

I don't know, I'm obviously swimming against the tide here, but I think we massively overrate him as a footballer in his own right. He is vital for our team because of his work rate compensating for the deficiencies of others, but although he is capable of creative play and assists, they are rare, and the less said about his shooting, the better. He's a solid footballer who needs a creative team around him to work off his endeavour (which is fine, every team needs players for the engine room), but people on here act as if he is a new found footballing God or something. I would have him in the side because he is (sadly?) our best midfielder, of course, but.....eh.

• Upvote 1