You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I have never put anyone on ignore and I don't intend to start now.

If someone chats shit, I'd rather tell them and I will continue to do so with you.

Nice to see you are actually not only blaming Lucas, that's a start.

What do you mean, that's a start, you cheeky fucker?  You acknowledging I don't solely blame Lucas is a start.  Now take the blinkers off and watch the game properly.  That'll be a good next step.

Guest LFD

What do you mean, that's a start, you cheeky fucker?  You acknowledging I don't solely blame Lucas is a start.  Now take the blinkers off and watch the game properly.  That'll be a good next step.

You have blamed Lucas for every time we have dropped points in recent weeks.  Despite proven to you time and time again he was not at fault for the goals conceded and we have bossed possession, with him in midfield.

You have an irrational hatred of him and it is very sad.

I'm not even Lucas' biggest fan, I'd sell him in the summer.  But I won't make up shit about him and constantly blame him when there is no evidence.  That's not just.

• Upvote 1

The lack of quality and depth in midfield was always going to bite us in the arse.  The painful bit is it comes right at the end of the season.  Henderson, who has become a key midfielder for us, goes out, and that's that.  Lets hope we are not in a similar position next season - at least in terms of midfield strength.

Guest LFD

Remember that time that guy made up a player position chart from the app used for the draft threads to use as "evidence"?

That was fuckin awesome.

Haha.

Some bellends...

Anyway, we need another Henderson, any suggestions as to who that might be?

Lars Bender:> 18-22mil, wants to leave Leverkusen, runs even more than Henderson, great passer, can be holding DM or play Hendo's role, strong and skillful, upgrade on Lucas and Allen, fuck Lallana and buy him

don't lump Lucas with Allen.  They're leagues apart.  Allen is as good a player for us as Hendo imo.  Bringing Bender in is a good shout though - I'd like to see that.  I'd also like to see Lallana.  Getting rid of some of the deadwood would at least part fund these acquisitions.

Guest LFD

Allen is as good a player for us as Hendo imo.  

Henderson is a regular and can do everything Allen does and more.

I like Allen, but he's not as good as Henderson and there is a reason why one is a regular and one isn't.

He's a good squad player Allen and played well last night.

Personally think Henderson would still have made a big difference, even though we were gung ho in defence when we had him, those errors and events that took place even though half is to how we played, might not have happened if Hendo was around, as we may have played differently, played a different shape etc. Someone mentioned how Rodgers calls Hendo for instructions, he is also very vocal on the pitch, I see him barking orders around etc.

Hendo isn't all about just athleticism, I hate when people just mention that atrribute, he offers far more, he tracks back defends and covers aswell as the amount of forward runs, passes and goal chances he creates, he has done to a certain extent what Gerrard used to do in his younger days and that is the type of player that can make a difference. Allen has done a superb job, and I am a big fan of Lucas, but he has been awful and hasnt offered much, granted his been playing in a new old role, but he doesn't look like the player he was and was becoming before the ACL injury, personally think his finished in this league.

We've really missed Henderson in the last three matches. Only now when he's not playing can you see how much he influences the teams play.

Just came on to say just that. 

We have missed him badly and it is clear. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Happy Birthday Jordan, 24 today.

Only just turned 24. Quality. If he continues to improve, and he can, then he'll be some player. His level of improvement over the last season or two is pretty huge.

• 2 months later...

Just reading your signature TK:

It is funny because on the MF even seems fine with Lovren on the weekend despite making numerous errors.

Guess you were right saying "depends which player".

Re: Henderson.  I actually thought he had his worst game against City for a long time.  But against Southampton and Spurs he was boss, like usual.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What a great start to the season he's had. The creative side of his game is coming on strong. What he lacks in finishing prowess he more than makes up for with the rest of his game.

I think there's a goal scorer in there. He can strike the ball sweet as a but.